...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings-Hexagram 47

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recall a couple of reading that 47 was so literal; physical deterioration and confinement.

Being close to a 47 situation of someone else, the following extract form Wilhelm become apparent and understood it better. Externally things are not good, that is my overall experience of 47... actually they are bad but the trunk of the tree is still alive with strong roots to find the water. In both occasion i mentioned above, that was the image....
    This concerns the deepest stratum of his being, for this alone is superior to all external fate
    Was on vacations and managed to finish a book , The man who mistook his wife for a hat, by Oliver Sacks, and all the time was thinking of 47. Neurological disorders have deprive people from very basic functions and sometimes the author, recounting their stories , asked if some of them were de-souled people. One could see the confinement the biology was inducing , yet in some stories you could see the 'spirit' , the "soul" of those people.... the well(48) beneath the surface of the bare valley...

Sometimes, its in the mind, some others are awful circumstances; A woman, in that book, blind from birth, due to "over-protection' of her caregivers couldn't use her hands- needed someone to even feed her... yet , after some interventions , she became a sculpture; there was a Well inside her and manage to reach it. There was a sequence of 47-48-49 -50 in that story.

H47 , its about "death" sometimes, yet, you can see through it , what the word "life" means. ... when words are believed

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

charly (August 26th, 2014), EmMacha (February 26th, 2018), Trojina (August 25th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trojina View Post

At 47 times in fact one is forced to find inner resources.
    I agree with that statement- its the feel of 47, as I have experienced it.

There are some similarities and some difference between 39 and 47. they share ,imo, a similar "stuck " sentiment; there are friends in 39 you can turn to, but 47 its more lonely. Its not only that you can be heard or been disconnect with other people but also that their words can't offer much practical help- its a time you understand you are Alone , as the saying "we're born alone, we live alone , we die alone"

Had to be confined for an extensive period of time. Two friends were really supportive and stood by me but when I was broken or about to break there was an individual with whom I could talk and he could listen about that Aloneness. Those times, I tried to reach that individual was really exhausted; It can be "mentally and physically" exhausting- agree with sooo. - and that person asked me a simple question and this , imo, is the underlined question- sort of - H47 asks : Die or Live

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

charly (August 26th, 2014), Trojina (August 25th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anemos View Post
    I agree with that statement- its the feel of 47, as I have experienced it.

There are some similarities and some difference between 39 and 47. they share ,imo, a similar "stuck " sentiment; there are friends in 39 you can turn to, but 47 its more lonely. Its not only that you can be heard or been disconnect with other people but also that their words can't offer much practical help- its a time you understand you are Alone , as the saying "we're born alone, we live alone , we die alone"

Had to be confined for an extensive period of time. Two friends were really supportive and stood by me but when I was broken or about to break there was an individual with whom I could talk and he could listen about that Aloneness. Those times, I tried to reach that individual was really exhausted; It can be "mentally and physically" exhausting- agree with sooo. - and that person asked me a simple question and this , imo, is the underlined question- sort of - H47 asks : Die or Live
    Dear Maria:

Of course when things keep getting WORSE AND WORSE we can fall into DESPAIR (1).

Exhaustion is a real lack of resources but the feeling of exhaustion comes a little before we touch the bottom. And all is worse when we cann't realize that thigs are as they are.

I'm afraid I do not fully agree with what you say. IMPOSSIBLE for we to be born alone or to live alone and I suppose it is also impossible to die alone. All we are social animals, if not always sociable. There are multiple BONDS among we, even if we are not aware of it.

And a tree is itself a world. Always sourrounded by life, say, LOVE. And there is even a bond with the WALL, no matters how hard she can press the TREE(2).

Correction: instead of the question be "Die or Live" the advice of KUN is, maybe, "Die or LOVE", or better, "We must LOVE, if not we would DIE"

Don't you believe so?

Best whishes,

Charly

Ch.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to charly For This Useful Post:

olga (February 1st, 2015)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charly View Post
    I'm afraid I do not fully agree with what you say. IMPOSSIBLE for we to be born alone or to live alone and I suppose it is also impossible to die alone. All we are social animals, if not always sociable. There are multiple BONDS among we, even if we are not aware of it.

And a tree is itself a world. Always sourrounded by life, say, LOVE. And there is even a bond with the WALL, no matters how hard she can press the TREE(2).

Don't you believe so?

Best wishes,

Charly
    Hi Charly

I understand what you say. Yes, we are wired to connect and its important to our survival. Love.. yes! equally important as air and water ( my opinion) . Although I don't like myself this idea of Aloneness, I still believe its true- Those discussions with that individual was to get a "NO , we are not" . Alas ..
    The Tree is a single atom, part of a bigger whole , still a single atom tho. There is a small place that we are on our own. Of course some people around us - indirectly - belong to this small garden- we carry them within us and could be part of the inner resources we have develop- yet ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

charly (August 27th, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charly View Post
    Correction: instead of the question be "Die or Live" the advice of KUN is, maybe, "Die or LOVE", or better, "We must LOVE, if not we would DIE"

Don't you believe so?

Best whishes,

Charly

Agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Don't you believe so?

Best whishes,

Charly

But you aren't in a position to correct Maria's own experience of 47. She lived her experience, you didn't. One can feel very alone in 47 as the text says. I am interested in how people experience 47uc, how they themselves feel it. Yes on one hand we are never truly alone and yet undeniably feeling and being alone is part of the human experience and part of what forces us to grow and develop inner resources. Also to choose to live is also to choose to love so I much prefer Maria's own ideas about this. To go on living when life seems hopeless and one feels oppressed, alone, and without help is a great act of love and faith in my opinion. Love is expressed in many ways and getting up in the morning when you don't want to is as much an act of love, an assertion of faith in living, as all the more common ideas of what love is.

I don't think you are correcting anything as we have already agreed this sense of oppression can make us grow deeper roots to the well of life. As life is love there is no need to edit or 'correct' what was said here

imo, is the underlined question- sort of - H47 asks : Die or Live

Absolutely...it's a base line and it's a base line many have come to in the course of their lives.
    Last edited by Trojina; August 26th, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

sooo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anemos View Post

H47 , its about "death" sometimes, yet, you can see through it , what the word "life" means. ... when words are believed
    My faith is restored, that life in its most clear and vibrant sense awaits those who love God, or whatever one chooses to call that, and that friends and family await us with open arms to embrace us, and to rejoice, even family we've given up hope in having, perhaps extensions of ourselves, or we extensions of themselves, or extensions of one another. The water (in 47) has only dissipated from the surface, not from the springs, mountain snow runoffs and underground wells. Ours is a choice, to believe what we see or what we know, which extends far beyond the appearance of desolation.

Nothing is more dry than academia with no life, no charisma, no dunamis within it, exploding outward from it. No wonder one can only look at it with their mouth drooping.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

anemos (August 26th, 2014), charly (August 27th, 2014)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Reminded me of a poem I once put in the poetry thread. Driving out the idea love is all silly red hearts and kisses. Love can be a lonely experience too. Carrying on alone through darkness is love too.

Those Winter Sundays

Robert Hayden, 1913 - 1980

Sundays too my father got up early
    and put his clothes on in the blueblack cold,
    then with cracked hands that ached
    from labor in the weekday weather made
    banked fires blaze. No one ever thanked him.

I’d wake and hear the cold splintering, breaking.
    When the rooms were warm, he’d call,
    and slowly I would rise and dress,
    fearing the chronic angers of that house,

Speaking indifferently to him,
    who had driven out the cold
    and polished my good shoes as well.
    What did I know, what did I know
    of love’s austere and lonely offices?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

anemos (August 26th, 2014), charly (August 27th, 2014), EmMacha (February 26th, 2018), olga (February 1st, 2015)

sooo Guest

Carrying on alone is the best we can do if we fail to recognize the love which surrounds us and has the potential to permeate us. However, such love is seldom shared and even less believed in the lake which we sit and stare at. That lake is typically shallow and lifeless. Sometimes we simply sit and stare at the wrong lake. But it is a consolation that our lake within need not ever go dry. Still, I've found on earth nothing so life-giving as sitting on the bank or in a boat of a richly fertile lake, a young daughter of heaven and earth; frog leaping and splashing, minnows in schools crowding the sun warmed shallows, and bigger fish hiding to ambush their morning meal, the raccoon family stealthily waiting to catch the bigger fish, the crawdad, fair game to feed protein hungry life forms. True life is not without death, and true death is not without life. The circle of life we ourselves can not, need not try to escape; it is the way. Being oppressed is only seeing one half of it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sooo For This Useful Post:

anemos (August 26th, 2014), charly (August 31st, 2014), olga (February 1st, 2015)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(wanted to write something along with the image but Sooo's thoughts and Trojan's poem totally took my voice. )

1-returningcolors.JPG

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anemos For This Useful Post:

charly (August 31st, 2014)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast