...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings-Hexagram 47

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trojina View Post
    But you aren't in a position to correct Maria's own experience of 47. She lived her experience, you didn't. One can feel very alone in 47 as the text says. I am interested in how people experience 47uc, how they themselves feel it. Yes on one hand we are never truly alone and yet undeniably feeling and being alone is part of the human experience and part of what forces us to grow and develop inner resources...
    Hi, Trojina:

Sometimes I do not understand myself, I wonder how others can understand me. Maybe is a matter of love, some predisposition to connect or not. Nobody´s perfect.

I´m not correcting anybody. Experiences are what they are, cannot be corrected. Even feelings about experiences are personal although it can be wrong. We have all known the feeling of extreme loneliness, but it is a wrong feeling. No living being can never be completely alone. Children cannot grow up alone, without experience of care they don't develop any internal resource and die.

All we have passed through bad experiences and feelings of lonelines, with or whithout H.47, whith or without changing lines. But I´m convinced that hexagrams have no fixed meanings. And the Changes is written with characters/words that have multiple and changing meanings.

Too complex, of course. I apologize.

Yours,

Charly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooo View Post
    ... The water (in 47) has only dissipated from the surface, not from the springs, mountain snow runoffs and underground wells. Ours is a choice, to believe what we see or what we know, which extends far beyond the appearance of desolation.
    Hi, Bruce:

How much truth there is in your words! I don´t see so much desolation in H.47. I believe that the idea of EXHAUSTION come from the Grat Image that instead of saying LAKE ABOVE WATER says LAKE NO WATER or LAKE WITHOUT WATER, that is a fanciful description of the trigrams.

Of course, anybody can get H.47 while being hard pressed by circumstances, with feelings of oppression and and being exhausted.

H.47 says that THE GREAT MAN IS LUCKY. That it is NO WRONG. That justifying SPEECHES are HARDLY BELIEVABLE.

EXHAUSTION is a male concern for which ancient chinese medicine had many recipes and advices for not to reach the point of exhaustion.

Maybe I´m going too far, out of focus. Stop here.

Yours,

Charly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anemos View Post
    Agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for agreeing and for the smile.

I love it.

Charly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Advice for today? 47UC.

Well it makes sense given that I am physically and emotionally drained from slave labour at the hands of bullying client, self imposed obligations and various seasonal excesses . And after days of enduring, today I woke up with a cold - very rare for me, it's usually my body's way of saying: you are at the limit of your ability to endure. Stop.

I can relate to Sooo's post: for me, today, 47UC about resourcing. I can also relate to being forced to find inner resources. Because there are many friends for me to reach out to in general, but today that is not the solution: words will not help. It is about deliberate confinement and resourcing from the inside. And the upper trigram suggests the best way of doing that is cultivating some cheerful activity. A cup of tea, chocolate and a good book sounds good to me

So for me, 47UC is not necessarily as dreadful as it seems, massive depression, going to jail, being lonely and isolated as a way of life and other catastrophic events. It can be simply about saying: today, the phone goes off the hook and I take care of myself.Cheerfully.
    Last edited by yasmin; January 3rd, 2015 at 03:20 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yasmin For This Useful Post:

EmMacha (February 26th, 2018), knot (January 3rd, 2015), olga (February 1st, 2015), Trojina (January 3rd, 2015)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Because there are many friends for me to reach out to in general, but today that is not the solution: words will not help.

I'm glad you still know they are all there....unlike Eeyore who I feel in this clip perfectly illustrates 47.1 where he is trapped in gloom of his own making despite his friends efforts...

I know the thread is for the unchanging hex but I couldn't resist as there is often a comic element in 47, particularly in the lines....I notice often comedians use such solemnity in their sketches about how awful life is. There can be a fine line between despair and comedy.

So yes keep your spirits up and remember your friends are still there

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

olga (February 1st, 2015), yasmin (July 10th, 2016)

sooo Guest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

47uc, in my experience almost always refers to my state of mind rather than external conditions. It has also often referred to sadness, frustration and feelings of being hemmed in and trapped, where the only thing to do has been to re-enchant the situation from left-field. Yi has usually tossed me this one to sympathise and to say: "Look you are in the doldrums but you can find your way out of this if you don't give in to it." Or: "Buck up lad and pull yourself together." A bit like an army Sargent kicking my butt over the training wall after hanging there feeling helpless. And then you realise that despite all those grey clouds and falling rain, the mud and the obstacle course you come across the well of 48 and whadya know? The well is full again.

And then you climb into it and wait out the storm.
    "Take the understanding of the East and the knowledge of the West and then seek." G.I.Gurdjieff

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tohpol For This Useful Post:

EmMacha (February 26th, 2018), olga (February 1st, 2015), Trojina (January 9th, 2015)

goddessliss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by topal View Post
    47uc, in my experience almost always refers to my state of mind rather than external conditions. It has also often referred to sadness, frustration and feelings of being hemmed in and trapped, where the only thing to do has been to re-enchant the situation from left-field. Yi has usually tossed me this one to sympathise and to say: "Look you are in the doldrums but you can find your way out of this if you don't give in to it." Or: "Buck up lad and pull yourself together." A bit like an army Sargent kicking my butt over the training wall after hanging there feeling helpless. And then you realise that despite all those grey clouds and falling rain, the mud and the obstacle course you come across the well of 48 and whadya know? The well is full again.

And then you climb into it and wait out the storm.
    I asked the question - What sort of business can I attempt to start with my present skills -

Hex 47 un

I don't feel oppressed. Far from it, not even business wise. I'm really just mulling over different ideas that I can do with the use of my skills.
    So I've taken this answer to mean that the best thing to do is to continue to attempt to help people who come to me for a reading or attend my classes because they're are feeling oppressed and helpless with no idea what to do about it. - Liss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently received 47 unchanging when I was in the thick of a brief, upsetting misunderstanding with a friend. Feeling quite wounded and stung, I asked, quickly, "Can you give me a picture of me and X right now." 47 unchanging. Oppression, exhaustion, confined. I felt a well of sadness and compassion when I saw 47, I felt the sorrow and weariness of trying to communicate, of anger that comes from feeling overburdened and tired. We were both exhausted and that's what triggered the miscommunication.

Within 30 minutes of this casting, we had moved past it, with no residual upset or ill will.

Sometimes I feel like Yi gives answers that address a longer time frame, or a deeper issue; other times the oracle answers with snapshots of what's happening in the present moment, things that may recede quickly (and I did add "right now"!). This was very much an example of the latter.
    Last edited by mulberry; December 19th, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mulberry For This Useful Post:

EmMacha (February 26th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Received this one today in response to the question:
    "Well I am tired, and ratty. But the coffee is zinging about my body, and the sun is very bright, so I won't go back asleep. What is the best thing, the most beneficial thing for me to do for myself today? Please give me a useful image Yi"

Background: not much sleep, I have had to work extra on the weekend, to pull € together to pay an overdue tax bill. I'm tired and hungry and ratty, had a difficult morning with my youngest son getting him to school, I'm annoyed with my oldest son (20) for having friends over in the middle of the night, the house is a mess from kids & me focusing on work.

I was thinking,

• should I try to tidy it - I could get more annoyed!
    • Go back asleep or meditate (which will end in sleep probably) and be a zombie later? (I never do well if I nap in the morning!)
    • clock on and work (which is emotionally draining)
    • Do some college reading and research (but maybe I'm too tired & my brain won't take it in)
    • have a bath and dye my hair? ( be frustrated over not doing work or college, so no value from the bath)
    • few other images ran through my head

So 47uc!

You are feeling trapped because you are trapped?

Or your thinking is confined?

Well, to me, Trees, wonderful majestic beings that they are, trees don't notice walls.
    The wall doesn't confine the tree! It stops me from going to hug it, but the tree grows over and under the wall, and will tumble the wall if humans don't maintain it.

Yes the tree needs to reach deep to get to the water, and grow taller to get more light, but that is what trees do anyway. (I've been cutting lower branches off of my young trees to get them to grow taller!)

So the image of the tree inside the wall just reflects my inner feeling, yes I have been constrained by circumstances, and I am exhausted (even if the coffee makes me feel fine, I know from past experience not to try anything too big on these tired days). Yes I've been tightening the belt to get this bill paid (along with the others, but I have been feeling fine, optimistic even in relation to it. I am a tree behind a wall - to me this is an illusion of being confined, because trees always grow under, over and through walls.
    To me, walls mean nothing to trees.

The wall is not under the ground, which is where half the tree is.
    The wall is not in the branches, where insects and birds and squirrels bounce about.
    & the fruit can fall

Also, the wall stops a man with an axe from coming and cutting down the tree!

So there is safety in the restriction.

It did make me panic at first, and think - 'have I restricted myself'?

But deep inside I'm thinking 'No, I'm fine with the restrictions, because Yi is teaching me that everything changes, and restriction now leads to freedom later. I am growing in other directions, this causes me to send the energy up and down.'
    (I've actually been doing a meditation the last few weeks where I channel the divine force, Chi, prana, Ond, Awen, anam, I focus on breathing and flow and sending up and down from crown, soul star and source, to root, into the earth)

So the image is bang on here!

'Lake without water: Confined.

A noble one carries out the mandate, fulfils her aspiration.'
    From Hilary, the online reading here: yes I feel I am connected to that underground water, and 47uc today to me tells me that I should just do what is in my heart, despite outer restrictions.

Also, I'll be on guard today (& tomorrow!) for moments where I allow outer restriction to become inner oppression! (caught a few neg thoughts already)

Hope this is helpful to people

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

Alan Watts
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/alan_watts

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EmMacha For This Useful Post:

Trojina (March 2nd, 2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3