...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in Tarot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The draft of the 14 Cups is posted now.
    http://www.hermetica.info/Tarot.htm
    the 14 Swords should be ready by Nov 18.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The draft of the 14 Swords is posted now.
    The most misunderstood of the suits.
    the 14 Pentacles should be ready by Dec 9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The draft of the 14 Pentacles is posted now,
    completing the draft for all 56 minor arcana
    and the 18 elements that compose them.
    The Introductory material will be next, by Xmas,
    then another month to work on the trumps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default tarrot

iam very much interested to see what tarrot has to say about my future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    iam very much interested to see what tarrot has to say about my future
    I'm afraid my approach is to strip fortune telling and prediction out of the Tarot and replace it with self-directed agency.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The introduction and introductory sections are drafted and posted now, leaving only the trumps, hopefully to be drafted by Feb 10.
    The intro explains the whole approach and why the book is written for even the most skeptically inclined, with most of the new age "thinking" and fortune telling removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool! I can't wait to check them out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a great fan of Tarot imagery but generally can't read any deck but the Osho Zen, which speaks to me as clearly as the yijing does. I've superbookmarked your tarot page in order to follow it. Don't be afraid to charge a reasonable amount fort the finished work.

butterfly spider Guest

The Tarot has always scared me - unlike the I Ching I suppose it is the imagery staring at you unlike when you cast. I always think of Tarot as being a mirror - akin to Seeping Beauty. I have several packs and now use Wildwood Tarot. I find the pictures comforting unlike the Marseille pack. What I find is that in times of crisis Tarot cuts to the quick - recently I kept getting the Guardian crossed by the Tower - 4 times with 7 swords popping about. Likewise I have got he. 63 to 21 and then back again in a circle. I had a wonderful astrologer give me a tarot reading this week. It is sometimes difficult interpreting your own cards. I got the Devil the tower and the 7 swords (final card). But also 2 cups rev ....and my friend was able to give insight. What struck me was the similarity between my castings and the readings. I feel tied to a tree or up it at least with problems pointing at me - and the similarities between the two were obvious.
    However I feel that whereas I Ching belongs to me Tarot does not - it is like a stranger at the dinner party
    The similarity between hexagram 24 and the chariot and hex 1 and the Fool always stick with me. The fool is my Tarot card
    Probably doesn't make sense but it all helps to add to the pot
    When I get to a computer I will look at your work
    You posted a lovely reply to my thread a little while ago - so will try to give as much feedback as I can
    Am a bit of a novice in all of this - the more I delve the less I seem to understand ....
    X

butterfly spider Guest

The Tarot has always scared me - unlike the I Ching I suppose it is the imagery staring at you unlike when you cast. I always think of Tarot as being a mirror - akin to Seeping Beauty. I have several packs and now use Wildwood Tarot. I find the pictures comforting unlike the Marseille pack. What I find is that in times of crisis Tarot cuts to the quick - recently I kept getting the Guardian crossed by the Tower - 4 times with 7 swords popping about. Likewise I have got he. 63 to 21 and then back again in a circle. I had a wonderful astrologer give me a tarot reading this week. It is sometimes difficult interpreting your own cards. I got the Devil the tower and the 7 swords (final card). But also 2 cups rev ....and my friend was able to give insight. What struck me was the similarity between my castings and the readings. I feel tied to a tree or up it at least with problems pointing at me - and the similarities between the two were obvious.
    However I feel that whereas I Ching belongs to me Tarot does not - it is like a stranger at the dinner party
    The similarity between hexagram 24 and the chariot and hex 1 and the Fool always stick with me. The fool is my Tarot card
    Probably doesn't make sense but it all helps to add to the pot
    When I get to a computer I will look at your work
    You posted a lovely reply to my thread a little while ago - so will try to give as much feedback as I can
    Am a bit of a novice in all of this - the more I delve the less I seem to understand ....
    X

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast