...life can be translucent

Menu

Is this the right moment? 17.1 to 45

rircc

visitor
Reaction score
The right moment to talk to a local Owner of an old club that is possibilita to be reconverted in a small hotel.

That was the question. And i asked because maybe there's the possibility for a job... Answer 17.1 to 45
Please help.... Tks

claroscuro

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rircc,
I also received 17.1 to 45 on a different inquiry I had. I am responding according to my notes taken from other members.
17.1: If a belief seems to be fading it implies that something about it is no longer appropriate to the times. An imbalance has occurred. This is rectified by going out amongst the people to discover where the change has occurred and thus restoring its life.

Emphasis about going out amongst the people and so reflecting the influence of generic characteristics of 45; Restoring the life of the belief can be achieved through involvement with a crowd that can act to lift things through the intensity of devotion and so act as a booster shot.

That said, a warning interpretation of following influenced by congregating as an example of an exaggeration of some form suggests that a belief is not solely validated by celebrating it with others - there is more to it, so don’t get too carried away with the dance and song.

The general change interpretation of 17 to 45 reflects the belief is established and now is in need of celebration with others to get close to its core; a belief system is changing, it could also be said in the same vein, that that which we follow and has meaning to us is changing. What was appropriate for us no longer is. We come to a new understanding and augment our core beliefs or change them per the new understanding.

Nine at the bottom: the condition changes.
Persevering is auspicious.
To go out and mingle produces good effects.

The relationship between a man and his friends is changing. As leader he should adapt to their needs, but do what is right. However, the circle of friendship, or activity, is too much of a clique, with all that implies.

Good Luck!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it is obviously the right moment.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it obviously the right moment? Is it because it says change of heart?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it obviously the right moment? Is it because it says change of heart?

NECRO POSTING ALERT

4 year old thread - do not respond as if the querent is here right now asking

Question
The right moment to talk to a local Owner of an old club that is possibilita to be reconverted in a small hotel.

I answered how I did from what the line says from wikiwing

'An official has a change of heart.
Constancy, good fortune.
Going out of the gates, joining with others, there is achievement.'

Doesn't that say it all ? Going out of the gates, joining with others

I don't understand why people resurrect old threads like this.....it creates confusion.

Why ? Why do people do it ?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
don't understand why people resurrect old threads...
Why ? Why do people do it ?

Poor innocent Olga,
earnestly scouring the dusty old tomes.
Little did she know that one would turn her into a necromancer! :eek:

Mostly people do it because the internet is a new invention that has changed the entire world and none of us have perfectly adjusted to this new thing. Before, she'd be in a library, find your notes scribbled in the margins and ask you directly or mail you a letter with the question.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Poor innocent Olga,
earnestly scouring the dusty old tomes.
Little did she know that one would turn her into a necromancer! :eek:

Necro posting

Mostly people do it because the internet is a new invention that has changed the entire world and none of us have perfectly adjusted to this new thing. Before, she'd be in a library, find your notes scribbled in the margins and ask you directly or mail you a letter with the question

:confused: if she was in a library the person who had scribbled the notes would not be standing there for her to ask nor would she have their email address.

Having to re read a 4 year old thread to see why I said what I said at the time is not something I want to do. Guess I didn't have to.

But the main problem is that when someone adds a comment to a very old thread others think it is current and start answering as if the question were current.

The only time an old thread should be added to IMO is if it is by the original querent OR it is something someone really wants to say in which case all they have to do is include a warning as in 'this is a very old thread I am adding to' to save confusion.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Only if you are bound to linear time.

All the hexagrams and their lines and possible combinations don't worry about linear time. I found this thread an interesting read and wouldn't have read it had it not been resurrected. And, I'll admit, I didn't immediately see what you meant until your recent reply. Really it's just a testament to the depth, clarity and speed of your insight and knowledge.

Some of the old threads in this forum are truly fascinating, like opening up a time capsule. Similar to when I once read Andre Breton's note taking of the dialogue he had at surrealists meetings. You are brought into the dance between minds sharing knowledge and the human experience.

She is the treasure of the house.
Great good fortune.

and that you are Trojina :bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you :)

But necro posting really is a nuisance IMO. Being revived and at the top of the pile means people on the forum think the thread is current and start answering as if the querent asked today when they maybe asked 6 years ago. This means, someone, usually me, has to come along and say that the person won't respond to their answer because they aren't here anymore so there is no point in replying. Meantime it can mean current queries are neglected.

Yes time matters and I do not see the point of spending an hour writing a response to someone who has died/left long ago/not here any more.

Worse those who necro post often only show up to say something inconsequential like 'nice thread' and they don't realize what a nuisance they cause. I'm here a lot so I have seen it a lot whereas if you are here less often you probably don't realize what a pain it is.

Olga asking me what I meant 5 years ago means I have to read the thread to see what I meant. I don't want to do that because I answered that person at that time it won't follow that that is what I would say to another person with that cast.

No offense to Olga it's not like she is continually necro posting and she probably doesn't realize how much necro posting pisses me off. Other forums lock old threads but allow the thread starter to return if they want because they know how much confusion necro posting causes. I have asked Hilary about this but it's too difficult to do that here and I don't think she's with me on how annoying it is anyway but that is because, like you, she isn't the one to tell people who just spent 2 hours writing a thoughtful response, that the thread is a decade old and the querent is no longer here.

I think when people add a comment to a very old thread unless they make it clear it's old they are potentially wasting people's time. More to the point why not start a new thread anyway about the query they have ?

Some threads are there to be added to but adding comments to people's private queries from a decade ago ? I really don't see the point.

Anyway this is off topic ;)

Some of the old threads in this forum are truly fascinating, like opening up a time capsule. Similar to when I once read Andre Breton's note taking of the dialogue he had at surrealists meetings. You are brought into the dance between minds sharing knowledge and the human experience.

Well there's nothing wrong with reading them and if you want to talk about the thread linking to it but adding a comment like 'I like this thread' with no reference to it's age is inconsiderate.

Of course I could just sit back and let kind thoughtful people spend an hour answering someone who hasn't been here for a decade but I think their time and effort matters. Also they will wonder why that person never returns.

So necro posting is only good fun if you don't think about the impact on other people at all.

Edited to add this is amore of an issue in SR because answers are addressed to an individual and their personal concerns. So when people answer here they invest a certain amount of care towards that individual as you know To invest that care and consideration to someone who is no longer there is not time well spent.

It is a bit different in Exploring Divination since those conversations are more general, not connected to a particular person's worries.

Probably, as is my wont, I have overstated myself in this post - I mean it's not a massive problem or anything just causes confusion sometimes in SR...that's all

Last edited:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I have a different opinion :)

When I cast (and I cast often) I look up the lines in wiki wing and then search old threads in search of answers and inspiration.

To me a thread is a discussion, and I don’t see why it should be locked at all.

The que rent ‘ s problem is just the excuse to off set the discussion.

Years after I am interested to know if you still think what you wrote is correct or if you changed your mind.

So in this case it is the right moment to act because the line says go out and join friends? Ok. Now it’s more clear.

As to people not reading dates.. well it’s their problems! Every post has a date, and anyway the discussion is enriched even if the post is old.

I like your view of circular time, @chingching;! Nothing ends, it all comes back

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
When I cast (and I cast often) I look up the lines in wiki wing and then search old threads in search of answers and inspiration.

Me too. I look in wiki and also old threads. Old threads are often useless as the querent never returned.

To me a thread is a discussion, and I don’t see why it should be locked at all.

I've explained the reasons above.

They aren't going to be locked anyway and besides that does seem a bit extreme I suppose given it's not a constant problem though I do think necro posting is annoying.

The que rent ‘ s problem is just the excuse to off set the discussion.

I don't see it that way, not always. Sometimes people post here as a real cry for help, in serious situations. I don't always respond here for the sake of discussion but to offer some assistance to that person in that moment as probably most who respond here do. Discussion does arise but I think the impulse to share one's ideas of the answer with the querent generally comes first.

Discussion of method and approach and all that goes more in the Exploring Divination section where I think necroposting is less problematic since people are not going there to help an individual with a problem.

As I said what it pains me to see are kind people spending possibly a good half hour considering the answer, writing about the answer, indeed putting their heart into an answer because they think the querent has just posted when the querent posted years ago thanks to the necro poster who decided to wake the thread up with a minor comment not including the age of the thread.

Years after I am interested to know if you still think what you wrote is correct or if you changed your mind.

Yes, but I think if it was a longer thread I'd ignore it/refuse to answer because why should I have to re read the whole thread re something I said 5 years or 10 years ago.

Also what you are missing is that the fact it felt the right answer for me to give to that person at that time doesn't mean it applies to everyone who gets that cast. I do think to some extent the answers people receive here are also part of the synchronicity of the answer. I/we don't answer by rote but also by feeling. I don't answer just by figuring what the answer says I'm also tuning in to that moment what feels right to me in that moment. I think we don't just look at the answer we also look through it, trying to see the person and the circumstance.

As to people not reading dates.. well it’s their problems! Every post has a date, and anyway the discussion is enriched even if the post is old.

Their problem ? No the people answering are the people giving their time and attention. I don't think it's fair on people to be giving their time and sympathy and brain to someone who isn't there just because of a necro-posting. The fact it has a name 'necro posting' and the fact that old threads are locked on other forums means it is recognised as an issue it's not just me.

Still I know it's not the biggest deal in the world just one of those annoying little things :rolleyes:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Old threads are often useless as the querent never returned.

Not if Trojina left a comment ;)

thanks to the necro poster who decided to wake the thread
:bows:

Yes, but I think if it was a longer thread I'd ignore it/refuse to answer because why should I have to re read the whole thread re something I said 5 years or 10 years ago.

Don’t worry, when I see a long thread I am put off myself. Even if the thread is mine. :rolleyes:
And also when people write too long posts.
So that’s never going to happen!

I do think to some extent the answers people receive here are also part of the synchronicity of the answer.

Oh I never though about that :eek:
So synchronicity affects both the question and the answer. Interesting.

Their problem ? No the people answering are the people giving their time and attention. I don't think it's fair on people to be giving their time and sympathy and brain to someone who isn't there just because of a necro-posting.

I understand but.. are these kind and heartful people all blind?!
I sometimes find old threads worth resuscitating. They’re Like an old dusty book forgotten in a library.
Might interests someone!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).