Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings - Hexagram 60

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 60 uc

Has my agent read my script?

60u

She has skimmed through it, but she has had a lot of unexpected demands. It turned out to be a good thing, since in the meantime, I unexpectedly had some inspired changes in the meantime on some dialogues I hadn't expected to change!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 60 uc

Has my agent read my script?

60uc

This is a pilot for which she had asked for some sensible revisions.

She has skimmed through it, but she has had a lot of unexpected demands. It turned out to be a good thing, since in the meantime, I unexpectedly had some inspired changes on some dialogues I hadn't expected to change!

beatpoet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beatpoet For This Useful Post:

Trojina (August 7th, 2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a pipeline to clear basically I have made the sales now to get the work completed plus Xmas fast approaching, received hexagram 60 Unchanging , pace yourself makes perfect sense, chip away like looking for a lost dog, what can you do, search every corner methodically calling the name.

Pace yourself could mean do not stress either that's not going to help.
    I think there is strong advice actually in not beating yourself up or stressing.

Cleary (1): Discipline is developmental, but painful discipline is not to be held to. [Discipline means having limits that are not to be exceeded. This hexagram represents practicing obedience in unfavorable circumstances, adaptably keeping to the Tao. The situation may be up to others, but creation of destiny is up to oneself. When discipline gets to the point of inflicting suffering, it brings on danger itself even where there was no danger; you will only suffer toil and servility which is harmful and has no benefit.]

While pacing yourself I can see its about the finer details but this is a breath easy slow methodical process, maybe the way forensic accountants work???

My question was what do I need to know about clearing this pipeline?

PS I guess I better stop casting and start clearing it.

Steve
    Last edited by steve; November 12th, 2017 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got Hex 60 unchanging when asking whether I should go to celebrate one nice team member leaving my toxic job [with other toxic people going]. There's a tension between me and them due to me not being like them and I don't think myself going there would be a good idea. Or maybe that it would not be very bad but it won't change much either. I don't think I am going there at this point!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting:

In going back through my notes since summertime, I see that I received 60 unchanging twice.

First time: How will labor and delivery go? (I recently had a child.)
    It was, all in all, very easy! Extremely painful, of course, and long (more than 24 hours), but I had no injuries from it and she was in perfect form throughout it. Out of my friends and family who have had babies in the past year, I had the easiest and least frightening time.

Perhaps there's something to the word "pacing" for this hex, Trojina, as you mentioned? It was extremely measured birth, if that makes sense. It had a steady pace, there were no crises, and the few problems that arose were methodically dealt with and resolved.

Soon after, I asked, "What if I quit my job to be with her full time?" (A question I have since asked again, and posted in Shared Readings). I got 60 unchanging. At the time, I interpreted it as, "You will have limitations on your income" but now I'm not so sure; now I feel like 41 would have been more appropriate for that, or 47 if it would mean things would be truly dire. I mean, it will still mean a frightening reduction in our income and certainty, but I'm also poorly paid, and could possibly make just as much working part time or freelance elsewhere, with more control over my time to boot. Just in the past few days I've resolved that it is time for me to move on from this job this winter (I don't feel particularly welcomed back and there are a host of problems there that I no longer have the emotional availability to deal with), and I'm still puzzling over what 60 might have been telling me when I asked—I'm leaning towards thinking it was Yi's way of indicating that my time there was up.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mulberry For This Useful Post:

steve (December 31st, 2017), Trojina (January 8th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow I really like metaphor of giving birth and hexagram 60 unchanging, yes for sure pacing , methodical. It appears that the advice is pace yourself, dont rush and things will turn out well. meticulous would also i think fit on occasions. My pipeline wasnt cleared by Xmas and I am still plodding away however collecting money now in the new year of which I probably would have spent over Xmas.

Steve

9. The Following User Says Thank You to steve For This Useful Post:

Trojina (January 8th, 2018)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Soon after, I asked, "What if I quit my job to be with her full time?" (A question I have since asked again, and posted in Shared Readings). I got 60 unchanging. At the time, I interpreted it as, "You will have limitations on your income" but now I'm not so sure; now I feel like 41 would have been more appropriate for that, or 47 if it would mean things would be truly dire. I mean, it will still mean a frightening reduction in our income and certainty, but I'm also poorly paid, and could possibly make just as much working part time or freelance elsewhere, with more control over my time to boot. Just in the past few days I've resolved that it is time for me to move on from this job this winter (I don't feel particularly welcomed back and there are a host of problems there that I no longer have the emotional availability to deal with), and I'm still puzzling over what 60 might have been telling me when I asked—I'm leaning towards thinking it was Yi's way of indicating that my time there was up.
    I think 60 can ask you to sort priorities which is another way of measuring. You only have so much time, so much energy, so much money. 60 is measuring. Budgeting and allocating time and activities are measuring activities. I quite like 60 as your answer because it suggests it is within your grasp, within your control to intelligently measure/define/limit your time and resources for a satisfactory outcome.

If you think of your life as a jug of water and there are 3 or 4 glasses to fill 60 askes you to sensibly decide how much to pour in each glass according to the needs of each person before the jug runs dry.

You asked what if you quit your job to be with her full time and you got an answer that shows you have it within your power to make a balanced choice about what to cut and what to keep. You only have so much time and energy which you need to decide how to slice up and use, you can't do everything. Well you might do everything if you could portion yourself out in equal measures but often that's not possible.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

galatea11 (February 16th, 2018), mulberry (January 16th, 2018), steve (January 14th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Trojina Your interpretation resonates, and puts me at ease.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mulberry For This Useful Post:

Trojina (January 16th, 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2