...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings-Hexagram 63

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have recently been given the opportunity to revive a career in academia that I has abandoned several years ago and have been asked to give a talk on my research. Since my research is currently very piecemeal I've been wracking my brains (and the yi) to come up with a suitable topic. Today I came up with what seemed workable, a talk based on some old work that could be updated: yi said 63uc. I wasn't sure whether that was an unmitigated 'yes', based on the following experience:

I recently had 63uc as a response to whether to apply for a freelance job. When I subsequently returned to the job listing in order to apply, I found the listing had been closed early. It was 'already complete'. I emailed the company but received no response. 63uc...?!

Regarding the talk, the old research is of course 'already complete' - in the back of my mind was a worry that it would need substantial updating in order to revisit it but with 63uc I'm feeling this may not be the case...
    Last edited by veavea; September 15th, 2016 at 05:34 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to veavea For This Useful Post:

Trojina (July 12th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me again! I've had a further insight, based on having received 63uc again - this time it's again job related (sort of). I've got a temporary contract teaching at a university and I've just heard there's a permanent post about to be advertised. I figured that to improve my chances I should try to get some of my research published. I asked should I approach x publisher? 63uc.

Looking back on my previous examples, listed above, I realise that the questions were fairly redundant because the situation was moving in a way that meant my questions would quickly become irrelevant. So 63uc seemed to be saying 'it doesn't matter, as shortly the situation will have moved on and this question will have no meaning'.

Wing says 'without changing lines it is difficult to affect the situation'. That interpretation doesn't feel exactly right for me, but the sense that the river is flowing past the question - if that makes sense - feels somehow more apt?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veavea For This Useful Post:

EmMacha (July 13th, 2018), Trojina (July 12th, 2018)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was supposed to go to school tonight but I felt really exhausted.
    Yet it's the day of my chief subject. And yet I have recently felt we're not doing a lot with this teacher. Same boring things all over. Every time.

I asked What can today's class bring me? 63 unchanging

I feel I can as well stay home as I already know everything they're gonna do.
    But if you have different views, please share them. I will never know if I did right to stay home

6. The Following User Says Thank You to olga For This Useful Post:

Trojina (July 12th, 2018)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm copying this experience of Tohpol's over from CC with his permission as it seemed a good one to have here.

When I was a student I spent a lot of my money from part time jobs going to see mediums, psychics, clairvoyants etc. Not because I wanted to know about my future but because I wanted to grill them about death. It wasn't very satisfactory - at least to me. But when I allowed for reading errors based on their own subjective appraisal of what death was. The apparent spirits who spoke or gave impressions through them often seemed equally clueless and only aware of their own particular state of being at the point of death. But they were quite good at plucking out insights since they had access to a field that wasn't normally accessible to us). I then spent the next 30 years seeing if there were the same patterns of transition existing in different cultures, in myth and in the latest literature (first hand descriptions) as well as NDE and OBE research. And there most certainly is a consistent pattern both in "structure" i.e. what manner and form such a transition takes.

When our friends or members of our family die or "switch realities" as I see it, it inevitably makes us think about our death which is perhaps a good thing. It's like a preparation for another birth which is potentially quite disorientating or traumatic if we aren't suitably adjusted. I suppose being birthed into this world is equally rough on the soul. And its something none of us can avoid.

A few years ago I asked the I Ching about some pages of notes I'd written on the process of death and what appears to happen when one's consciousness departs. I wanted the Yi to comment on the accuracy of those notes and the answer was H.63. After completion.

Perfect eh? From order to disorder or dissolution of the body; a completion; a transition from one state to another; crossing the Big river.

I took that as an affirmative that my descriptions were largely accurate give or take a few details.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

EmMacha (July 13th, 2018)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Veavea

Looking back on my previous examples, listed above, I realise that the questions were fairly redundant because the situation was moving in a way that meant my questions would quickly become irrelevant. So 63uc seemed to be saying 'it doesn't matter, as shortly the situation will have moved on and this question will have no meaning'.

Late response but yes I think I've seen 63uc that way at times as in 'it's a done deal' in this phase (of whatever it is) at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tohpol View Post
    A few years ago I asked the I Ching about some pages of notes I'd written on the process of death and what appears to happen when one's consciousness departs. I wanted the Yi to comment on the accuracy of those notes and the answer was H.63. After completion. Perfect eh? From order to disorder or dissolution of the body; a completion; a transition from one state to another; crossing the Big river
    Not about 63 as a unchanging hex but about it as relating hex. I hope it's ok to post it in this thread.
    My former work mate is about to die these days. He is already unconscious most of the time.
    I asked if he really will die now and Yi answered:
    33.1.4.6 > 63. "Completion of retreat".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to equinox For This Useful Post:

Trojina (July 13th, 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2