...life can be translucent

Menu

Mercury retrograde and yi

sbd

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently wondering about Yi and the retograde, and here's my current situation:

I saw my former lover at a party at his house this weekend, he had invited me. We'd spent all day together, lovely and relaxed. He initiated conversation about whether we were right for each other, saying we have such different personalities (I'm so nice and help people, he says ... he's a freak with ADD) and I wish I'd just let him talk and see where he was going with this. But no, I started to feel rejected so I jumped in with how I only wanted to be his friend. (not really true) Of course, within a few moments he got that emotionally flooded ADD thing come over him and he abruptly pulled away and didn't want to talk with me anymore. It was an awlful ending to a wonderful day.

I left the party soon after, telling him at the door very clearly that I only wanted to be friends, (self-protection) and telling him my nice-ness is part of me but not the whole story. (I was feeling accused of not being "hip" enough for him, what was I thinking??)He insisted that I took it all the wrong way. He wasn't putting me down in any way. I look back now and see we both were feeling hurt. Unfortunate.

Are the results of Yi affected by the retrograde?

Before the retrograde started, I got home from the party I asked how he was feeling about me: 28.4 to 48 This was probably accurate.

I also asked about how I should approach the relationship now: 30.1.3 to 35 This gave me much confidence about the likely outcome of things and our potential.

I asked, What is next for us: 20.3.6 to 39 Yes, there were to be difficuties and we would be watching each other and ourselves closely. Yet I did find this answer in somewhat contrast to the one above.

Now, this is where things start to take a turn, but I ask for your wisdom and experience for feedback:

Mercruy Retrograde started the next day. I wanted to send him a note, but feared such delicate communication during this time. I asked the Yi about the outcome if I waited until after the retograde to send him something. I received 28.3 to 47 This definitely didn't sound good.

I asked what he ideally hoped for when he spoke with me on Sunday (wanted to check out my assumption that he might have wanted to get back together) and I received 45.4 to 8. Yes.

So, I asked my final two questions: What outcome if I send a note like this (a particular thing I wanted to say) and Yi answered 46.5 to 48 This sounded positive and so I went forward with my plan and wrote the email. Before I sent it, I checked in again: What outcome on us to sending this email? I received 14.2.5 to 13!! What could possible be better?? So, yesterday morning I sent the email.

I have not heard from him at all.

Now, I'm wondering if it's just that I'm feeling the effects of the 20 > 39 and this will pass? Or, is it possible that Yi's answers to me, or my interpretation, are affected by the retrograde?

I'm a psychotherapist and yet I'm asking Yi for basic relationship advice! Oh well, we all need a little help over our blind spots now and then.

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi
Mercury retrograde should just force you to think about your thinking.
If this leads to improvements in your thought, then it's a positive thing.
Me I was born in that briar patch, it's in my natal chart,
So when folks around me are savoring their befuddlement,
I take the opportunity to make up some ground.

sbd

visitor
Reaction score
Bradford, you poor thing. Is this the world of confusion you live in all the time??

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
It doesn't show?
But I'm a Libra, so I just assume everything's a paradox, and that I've only got half of it.

sbd

visitor
Reaction score
Everything is a paradox, and if you've got a full half of it all then very I'm impressed!!!

--

So if I got 14 > 13 why haven't I heard from the guy? Jeezz!!

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Shd,

"Are the results of Yi affected by the retrograde?"

Did you use computer-generated consultations?

I think that Mercury rules computers and other forms of electronic communication. Maybe the Mercury retrograde might affect that kind of I Ching reading?

"Or, is it possible that Yi's answers to me, or my interpretation, are affected by the retrograde?"

Yes. Your interpretation could well be affected by the Mercury retrograde. Especially if you're someone who tends to think about things a lot, especially thinking about your feelings.

I believe that your thinking mind will definitely be affected by the Mercury retrograde. Especially if Mercury is very strong in your chart or if you have powerful Gemini or Virgo energy in your birth-chart.

Just my thoughts but I hope that some of this is useful to you.

Best wishes,

Mick

sbd

visitor
Reaction score
Mick,

Thanks for your comments. I did not use a computer generated Yi, I used the same coins I've had for years. But with this particular answer, 14 to 13, I just don't see how I could have misinterpreted. It seems so obvious and clear!

Interesting what you say about the amount of influence the retrograde may create depending on my chart. I do have some virgo in my chart and I'll look that up now:

Oh, my Mercury is in Capricorn but I do have Mars, Uranus, and Pluto in Virgo. I do not know what this means, however.

But, my former lover's sun sign is Virgo! He also has Uranus and Pluto in Virgo, and I believe his moon is also Virgo. Perhaps this makes for a strong influence where he is concerned?

Still haven't heard from him and still feeling curious about that reading!! Retrograde delays, perhaps.

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Shd,

Mercury is currently retrograde at 7 degrees Virgo. I think it was stationary at 8 degrees Virgo.

Over the rest of this month, Mercury will move backwards into Leo. So if, like me, you have any planets in the first few degrees of Virgo, then you'll be feeling this retrograde quite strongly I think.

By the way, I don't think retrograde = bad. Not at all.

I find retrograde energy to be intense and powerful.

With the Sun and all those planets in Virgo, perhaps you former lover is feeling a lot of intense, inward-directed energy at the moment?

Hx 13 emphasises the quality of perseverance. It could be that you won't hear from him until September time when Mercury goes direct?

Best wishes,

Mick

sbd

visitor
Reaction score
My planets are 14 and 15 degrees Virgo. His planets are the same, but his sun is only 3 degrees, so you might be right about how much he's feeling it, if that's the way it works.

sbd

visitor
Reaction score
Oops, those two plants that he and I share at 14 and 15 are listed on my chart as "R" -- does that imply retrograde?

I also have Mars in Virgo at 27.

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Shd,

Yes "R" or "Rx" means retrograde. Sometimes there's a line through the tail of the "R" to make it look like a combination of "R" and "x".

So over the next couple of weeks, Mercury will be moving backwards to make contact with his Natal Sun. This makes it a special time. I think that it might well be a time when someone would really need time to themselves because they would be looking inward a lot. Maybe thinking about the past and reviewing their life?

Also, when Mercury goes direct, it will start to make contact with Uranus and Pluto in your chart and in his. Not to mention the charts of everyone who's more or less the same age as you are.

Maybe October and November will be a time of change?

Just my thoughts but I hope that some of it is helpful to you.

Best wishes,

Mick

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).