...life can be translucent

Menu

any experiences of 55.3?

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi everyone,
I'm reading through everything I can about this line yet I"m missing some practical feedback gleaned from experience . . was there sadness related to that line for you, or regret for breaking that arm, despite the 'no harm' mentioned?

And also, did the reading concern an isolated event or did you find you wanted to go back and repair the damage? Did the 'shine like the sun at midday' overrule all the confusion and mayhem of 55 for you or were there lingering after effects? What was your 55.3 story?

S

sooo

Too many to remember one; it's a tapestry. But the consequences were never dire or irreparable, though they were understandably a bit of a shakeup at the time.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hey Bruce
thanks for sharing :) . . did you find you wanted to go back to remedy things or there was no point in it, just move on?

S

sooo

Uh, it seems time had a way of healing wounds just by letting nature (sometimes human nature of individuals) take its course. Then there were times when individual natures would rather carry on the resulting 51. In such cases, I found it best just to on along my own path. Sometimes it's just not worth trying to fix. Then, sometimes it is. I guess it depends on how many arms one has to sacrifice, lol.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
yup, this is what I was thinking . . this is the right hand we're talking about here, wouldn't the wise thing be to go back and try to fix it? then again it might be a lizard-mutation hand and it re-generates itself(!?)

S

sooo

chuckle, well I'm ambidextrous depending on the actual function, so I'd rather not lose either. But the line says the right arm is broken, not amputated. And you're right, I think right arm implies most needed. However, I think this only implies the potential of breaking ones arm if one isn't paying attention. I like what Bradford says about this line, i.e. stargazing, not looking where you're walking. So it implies simple carelessness rather than a drastic intentional error. There is still the overriding encouragement to be not sad, but to be like the sun at midday.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The central point of 55.3 IMO is the advise that it is okay not to try to fix anything because actually you can't because your right arm is broken. Your usual ways of dealing with things, usual way of operating or thinking or working things out just isn't working....so it's as if your right arm were broken. Yet Yi says that's okay, that's how it is for now. Personally I find it a reassuring answer. It tends to show up when there doesn't appear to be anything one can do due to things beyond one's control..It reminds me of the phrase "sorry but my hands are tied". You may have heard that expression where someone is saying they would like to help but they cannot ?

Sometimes one might be just waiting in the dark for the bus to come. That's the image comes to mind. Can't make the bus come, it's raining, the car broke down and your companion vanished into the bushes for a pee and hasn't been seen since :confused:

Everything's fine though says Yi. The fact there doesn't seem to be much you can do is just how it is right now so may as well get comfy in the bus shelter and do some knitting or something for a little while :D Things will clear up by and by. The friend will emerge, the bus will come or things will move on one way or the other in ways you cannot foresee but for now your hands are tied, there's no effective action to take. Moreover everything seemed to go haywire at once....do you deal with the friend or the car or what...? Don't try too hard says Yi, no rush. Let things return to normal, don't try to fix things yet.
Ever tried to work when you have a bad cold and you can barely see for snot ? What would you do ? Your best bet would likely be not to try to get so much work done and wait till the snot has gone. Come to think of it the middle of a severe head cold could be quite a 55.3 experience. Snot eclipses clear thinking so there's no use trying.

Imagine how it is to have a broken right arm if you are right handed. So much that normally you would do easily is now near impossible. What to do ? Well the last person I helped with a broken arm did his best to get by but did spend rather more time than usual watching movies.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
that's lovely T, thank you! The 'hands tied' thing makes great sense, I was a bit stuck in 'losing the right encounter/correct contact', courtesy of Wilhelm's comments ;) . . however, if this was a case of 'losing the right bus' so to speak . .? I guess still not much to do but wait for the next one, or get going yourself, as per 51.
Hmm . .

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I got 55.3 (with 55.4) when I had told someone I'd help them with something (work-related), but then realized the timing of it was vague and how could I plan other work? I didn't want to say I'd do something and then cancel, but saying no to other things because I "might" have to do the first thing didn't seem practical, either.

I was all ready to phone and ask the person how they wanted this handled, but first cast the reading (55.3.4 > 24). I didn't phone, and no conflict actually occurred; it ended up a moot point.

Another time I was sick, and wondered if I should call off work early (as in, "I'll be sick tomorrow, the day after, and probably the day after that" - it was the flu - I figured it would take a few days). Got 55.3 with other lines, so I did that and it was the right decision. A "broken arm" (or the flu) doesn't get better right away, and it's okay to give it the time it needs.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi lisa :) . . looks like the 'hands tied' notion works rather well in your examples too . . it sorta makes me think of 36.1 also.

I notice that the line also seems to come up in cases where, despite the general meaning of 55, we don't really have to make any big decisions or take charge, rather follow the less complex way out of the quandary

. . maybe we are the hand that is not put to use in this case . . come to think of it, maybe taking charge here is futile/could break the hand and render it useless, so we better take it out of the equation and find a less compromising, although less expedient, way forward (froth)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"Sidelined" might be another colloquial term (from sports - players who are hurt are "sidelined" - they don't play or even dress for the game; they sit on the bench).

B

butterfly spider

Interesting thread
Got 55.3 asking about a lodger - something not quite all the ticket (or lacking a Cog in the wheel) sort if problem. Nothing actually awful. - Strange. not that I can actually do anything about it right now. Will have to wait until
They move on.

Have just sorted out my wool so thank you Trojina will start knitting ...

B

butterfly spider

Hello
Bizarre this
Just got this line again for a prospective new lodger who may be a bit problematic. Got 59-29 - an awful trading yesterday but today got this line - it could be the situation to so with the lodger not the lodger - ie I can't do anything here - it is out if my control. I could interview lots if lodgers but it would make no difference to the situation type if thing

12th house

visitor
Reaction score
There is a project that I am working on that has stalled. It’s painful because people are struggling to understand the requirements but don’t listen or absorb the requirements I have collected. Sidelined...arms tied...both seem very apt.

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen it in situations where utter confusion prevailed on the subject of inquiry, but there was nothing I could do about it. The confusion was not mine, something out of my control in the background. All I could do was be patient until things cleared up.

A refurbishment project stalled, the builders were overwhelmed by too many engagements and failed to prioritise. So tasks which could have been wrapped up in a few weeks ended up taking months. And I was being left in the dark, there was nothing I could do. I suffered the mild injury of being delayed, but it didn’t cause me all that much trouble.

A friend recently blinded by a fling, thinking of changing his life to be with a woman who is not even available and whom he has only known at a distance for a few months. Asked what I thought, cast 55.3. Very much a case of the Siu paraphrase: The prince is so eclipsed that even insignificant personalities push themselves onto the stage. Given that he can’t see the wood from the trees, I advised him to let it play out and see where it goes, I would wager that he will see the light at some point!

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t seem to edit posts. I advised him not to make any major decisions and let it play out.

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Got 55.3 today;
I've been reading about Neolithic passage monuments, their development in Ireland from very simple to complex precisely aligned temples.
It's Monday morning, after a midterm where I brought my youngest off to see the "Mound of the Hostages" on the Hill of Tara (which is currently surrounded by a fence! It is aligned to cross quarter sunrises, but couldn't get near to it!). Then we went to the Loughcrew cairns, Sliabh na Cailleach, where there is an entire complex of solar / stellar aligned cairns, with rock art and stupendous panoramas.

Was feeling confused this morning for no apparent reason, just jumpy, spring fever, wanting to do creative things, jump into something interesting, but no direction.

Seems to me that the "Mei" stars are visible when the sun is eclipsed, the Neolithic passage cairn builders built tunnels to allow the stars to be seen, certain times of year, certain stars or stellar phenomena can be observed.
Thanks Yi, kind of answered some questions as I am reading.
They are not just solar aligned monuments or observatories, also, stellar observatories?

That's what 55 tells me.

55.3: you've eclipsed the noonday sun to such a strong degree, that you can see the far distant stars at noon, but you need to be careful your movements while you look at these stars

kind of like coming back from deep journeys, transpersonal insights, being on a very internal spiritual quest, and then having to deal with some very mundane, everyday immediate situation quite quickly, before you are fully "back"?

I get an image of somone in a heavy tent, managing to focus on a certain patch of stars, but there is a kerfuffle outside the tent, people, arguments or demands maybe, and the resulting shock, annoyance could cause you to "hurt your right arm".

My take on 55.3:
Its a sense of having extreme focus on something, constructing a cave around yourself or your point of observation to enable this process of focus and observation, eclipsing or blotting put something big but closer to see something much much further away; not yet seeing what you need or wish; not yet achieving the purpose of the focused project; being interrupted out of the focus by mundane but dramatic events, maybe shocking you out of your focus, that you also cannot do much about.

Also, things are not really in alignment right now, it's just not the time, you're looking at stardust or glitter right now. Be still.

Underwaterstar

visitor
Reaction score
I often get this line when astrology figures somehow into the way I'm approaching the subject. Anybody who's studied astrology in depth knows that there's a fine line between staying open to the many meanings of a particular transit or aspect, and jumping right to the worst possible one and letting it affect your actions/the outcome. Very much apropos of what was aid above re 'stumbling along looking at the stars and meanwhile breaking your arm'

In my current situation, I've asked "will we go to this event this weekend?" And got this line. Well of course I've seen that my transits suggest an unexpected and out of my control *something* (Uranus aspects)--so in a way this all dovetails--but what the something is I need to stay open to discover and meanwhile stay present, I guess. Like the Sun at mid day :)

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
@Underwaterstar

kinda like 'missing the forest for the tree' right? can't take in (for whatever reasons) the whole picture so we hone in on one specific detail and try to take it from there . . full capacity out of order yet no mistake!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).