Menu

Going to university, 32.2.3 > 16

memomemootoo

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My question was:
"How will the move to university affect me over the coming years?"

The answer was 32 with moving lines at 2 and 3, changing to 16.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Last edited:

arimoshe

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Memomemootoo,

Am I right in thinking that the outcome will depend on my ability to stay centred and composed throughout the degree?

First, the question you asked "how the move to University will affect me over the coming years." means that you want to know what will happen. That already implies a degree of uncertainty. (Perhaps doubt?) Relative to 32.3 the question I have for you is WHAT is your intention? Are you clear of your motives and what your goal is? 16 is often about false enthusiasm/ self deception. I think the core message is about being inwardly clear and consistent in your motives/intention.

The questions that come up for me: Are you sure you know what you want? Are you trying to make something real for you that isn't? Are you forcing something to be true that you are not certain about? If you'd like to share, why are you called to this school and this degree?

The flip side of this reading might be to take the focus away from "how will this schooling affect me", and tune into your inner sense of direction and purpose first. It might just be a matter of you clearing some doubt and remembering why you are doing this so you can be fully present for this path.

memomemootoo

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Memomemootoo,

First, the question you asked "how the move to University will affect me over the coming years." means that you want to know what will happen. That already implies a degree of uncertainty. (Perhaps doubt?) Relative to 32.3 the question I have for you is WHAT is your intention? Are you clear of your motives and what your goal is? 16 is often about false enthusiasm/ self deception. I think the core message is about being inwardly clear and consistent in your motives/intention.

The questions that come up for me: Are you sure you know what you want? Are you trying to make something real for you that isn't? Are you forcing something to be true that you are not certain about? If you'd like to share, why are you called to this school and this degree?

The flip side of this reading might be to take the focus away from "how will this schooling affect me", and tune into your inner sense of direction and purpose first. It might just be a matter of you clearing some doubt and remembering why you are doing this so you can be fully present for this path.

Hi Arimoshe,

Many thanks for your insight on this reading, which I enquired about several years ago.
I'm sorry I didn't reply to you straight away, but I have thought about your questions and response on a number of occasions. This post dates back to when I was first starting to use the I Ching, and it has taken me a few years to encounter similar readings and understand what these hexagrams might mean for me.

I cannot yet comment fully on the outcome of this topic, as I am still studying at the university. However, as you picked up, I wasn't entirely sure of what I wanted at the time. There were some elements of self-deception, in the sense that many of my academic ambitions have not materialised the way I expected them to. On the other hand, this move has also been a wonderful breakthrough for me in terms of personal development. The situation is much more favourable than anything I could have imagined 3-4 years ago.

You suggested that 16 could either be linked to false enthusiasm/self-deception or the need to gain inner clarity and enthusiasm in pursuing the direction I'm called to. I think both interpretations were relevant. There might even be a causal connection between them; for instance, when I doubt or lack clarity on something I might try to come up with reasons or scenarios about what is going on, but the reality of the situation can be quite different (not necessarily good or bad). Doubt is definitely still an issue for me. The last 3 years following this reading have been the happiest in my life, and still I am hesitant to comment on the outcome as I haven't graduated yet ...so I might need to tune in and clear some more doubts :)

Thanks again for your help with this reading, and all best wishes for the new year!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).