...life can be translucent

Menu

And the Yi said, love is more important than life...

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Questions are important. If one asks the fortune of a relationship and gets the line -

56.3 "The troops burn their lodgings, lose their boy-servants. Determination danger." (Lise)

- you could get the impression the relationship is ending. But what I had asked was what I should *do* in this situation. And the Yi said, burn your boats, burn your house, lose the dudes you hang with. And the Yi also said I should 28.6:

28.6 "One must go through the water. It goes over one's head. Misfortune. No blame..... The water rises over one's head. This is the misfortune. But one incurs no blame in giving up one's life that the good
and the right may prevail. There are things that are more important than life. " (Wilhelm)

Well see I am profoundly, nearly impossibly in love. And the Yi's advice? Burn my boats and walk into the water until it is over my head, because there are things that are more important than life itself...
And almost inexplicably - so far so good.

I am in so much trouble.

- LL

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What to do? 56.3 → 35 (Progress), Legge:
Shows the stranger, burning his lodging-house, and having lost his servants.
However firm and correct he (try to) be, he will be in peril.

Move on from this comfortable, but temporary position, advance forward(35) already. No turning back now.

Should you? 28.6 → 44 (Seduction), Legge:
Shows its subject with extraordinary (boldness) wading through a stream, till the water hides the crown of his head. There will be evil, but no ground for blame.

No you shouldn't, the river is too deep and dangerous. You'll lose control (44) and will have to yield to the greater power.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I see 56.3>35 more as a reflection of your emotional static and restlessness. Your centre of balance is in danger of being "burned up" (as it often is when "in love") and its always difficult to know what to do when you are in this state. But I think this is what the Yi is showing you in order to progress.

Similarly, 28.6>44 shows that there is way too much tension and ambition connected to this encounter/relationship which is creating turmoil. So, again, if you want to do something it suggests calming down and seeking balance before taking any action.

When you believe yourself to be "profoundly, nearly impossibly in love" your mind and body is experiencing a cocktail of impossibly powerful bio-chemicals hurtling around your body which is absolutely irresistible. So, take measures to allow that to subside just a little and just long enough to see the way forward. Not easy to do, I know, but the decision you make in the midst of this turmoil (also depending on how the other person feels about this) suggests more chaos rather than less.

Good luck!

Perhaps this needs to go in shared readings...:)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You might also think about what boat-burning and so forth would mean in real life, run that through a "common sense" filter, and/or ask Yi more specific questions.

People do sometimes overthrow everything in their lives for the sake of love, and I'm sure sometimes it works out fine, and even if it doesn't maybe it's part of a much larger plan that you can't know about now.

But, as an example, if "boat burning" would mean quitting a good job (one which won't be easily replaced) to move somewhere with your amour, you might ask Yi that specific question.

"What should I do?" is a perfectly direct question, and 56.3 can certainly be interpreted as a direct answer, as you explained. But as Topal pointed out, Yi can answer from many angles, so it makes me nervous to think of you taking drastic action based on these two readings. If Yi really does mean to burn every bridge in your life for this relationship, I'd hope that advice would hold up to further questions.

(Not further obsessive questions, of course - you know that. Further well-reasoned questions.)

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Drastic? How so? I don't think so at all. I think many of you disciples of the Yi are very Confucianist in your conceptions of love. In my view the divorcing of romantic love and marriage is deeply embedded in the polygamous culture of the Chinese, and I do not agree that is as it must or should be.. The two can and should be unified, if possible.

56.3 means to make a firm decision. Burn your boats, for troops to burn their lodgings so they cannot retreat, this means to be unequivocal in committing to the course. Perhaps there are other candidates chasing you, who wish to partner with you, or other unfinished business. The Yi says what I should do with the person I am in love with, is rid myself of entanglements that might lead me to retreat. I take this as a positive sign, the Yi has also said this person is being "true." My job has zero to do with this! The Yi says to go for this relationship, and in a way the Yi has not advised me regarding a relationship before. I have had the Yi clearly not like some people. Here, I get the feeling the Yi does like her - really a lot.

And I did not ask "if I should" pursue her when I received 28.6. I asked how I should proceed, what I should do. That is a specific question. The Yi said I *should* walk into the water until it is over my head. Because there are things - like duty for example it says- that are more important than life. This means I think, that I should not run from the fact that I have profound feelings and do indeed feel way over my head right now. Even if it does not work out for some reason, to even have had the chance for a great love to actually work out is something rare I think. Not like I have not experienced infatuation or a strong attraction to someone ever - but this is something on quite on another plane for me.

But I did expect the self protective views some have expressed. Not how I read what the Yi is saying to me, not at all. As I said , the questions one asks are important, in my view and it is how I practice. And really, if love is not worth risking it all for - than what are we living for anyway? Politics? Obligations?

- LL

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I failed to pay attention that you posted this in Exploring Divination and not Shared Readings - sorry, that makes a difference. You weren't asking for feedback on the reading, you were presenting it as an illustration.

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi LL,

Questions are important.
Interpretations are important. (Part 1)

For example, W/B doesn't say anything about intentional burning that I can see. I'd read it more as due to one's carelessness, a fire becomes ignited which does great damage. So, "what should I do?" Per W/BI below, I'd say it means "watch the heck out, dude."

Nine in the third place means:
The wanderer's inn burns down.
He loses the steadfastness of his young servant.
Danger.

A truculent stranger does not know how to behave properly. He meddles in affairs and controversies that do not concern him; thus he loses his resting place. He treats his servant with aloofness and arrogance, thus he loses the man's loyalty. When a stranger in a strange land has no one left on whom he can rely, the situation becomes very dangerous.

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Questions are important.
Interpretations are important. (Part 2)

For the sake of interpreting “what should I do?” vs. “what is the fortune of this relationship?” with a same method to see how much difference there is, I’d read 56.3>35 as follows:

What should I do?:
First, I'd work on having a mindset of doing myself the service of not taking the lead and seeking guidance in order to keep a calm, composed mental focus (lower trigrams Earth/Mountain).

Then, I'd strongly direct my actions toward observing and perceiving things to clearly be able to perceive the truth of the situation (upper trigrams Fire/Fire).

vs.

What is the fortune of this relationship?:
I'd read this as a couple having a combined mindset of serving each other by not taking the lead and both seeking guidance in order to keep a calm and composed mental focus (lower trigrams Earth/Mountain).

And, their actions would only be observing and perceiving each other (upper trigrams Fire/Fire).

Conclusion:
I'd say both questions have merit. For example, I like the first case question better (what should I do?) for directly providing guidance on how to successfully proceed. The second case question (what is the fortune?), though, I think, lends itself to finding out whether the effort is worth it, especially in this case which sounds like a lot of silently suffering in love to me.

D

diamanda

56.3 "The troops burn their lodgings, lose their boy-servants. Determination danger." (...) But what I had asked was what I should *do* in this situation.

The question "what I should do" is too vague.
"Should" according to what code?
The line describes arrogance, treating people close-by first as servants, then destroying them.
It certainly doesn't describe a pleasant relationship.

And the Yi also said I should 28.6

When we're in love obviously we don't think straight.
Asking the same question over and over is understandable.
28.6 speaks of drowning, being up to one's ears in "water" (hormones, emotions, danger).
So, not much you can do really, the "water" decides for you.

Since both 35 and 44 (also) speak of sex, well, there you go.
Sounds like that is feasible. But I don't see any other pleasant type of relating here.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I have misunderstood the 2nd question, so it was also 'What should I do', ok.

I also strongly believe that question is very important - when interpreting keep in mind what the question was. Well then, I agree, go and allow yourself to immerse fully into the water/love/feelings, surrender to them.

In the Bible they say that sea can part and allow the safe passage if you're lucky :)

Eastern wisdom says that our ultimate goal is to know love in its highest form, love towards all things and beings, union with god/universe.

p.s. LL, how would you read 63.6 - 37? Very similar line, but with more control over things perhaps?

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
56.3 can certainly indicate too much intensity. Lighting a large fire in a small hearth might indicate making far more of something than can actually be sustained. In fact it looks like such intensity means one 'loses the helper'. I don't think the reading says 'yes go ahead and do this' it's more showing a picture of what is happening. Yi does not always answer the exact question although here it kind of has but from the angle of what not to do. You asked what you should do and Yi told you exactly what you shouldn't do. If you ask someone 'what should I do' they may often start by saying 'well don't do that' and I think that is what has happened here.

If you asked 'what should I do in this situation ?' I personally would not take this as 'hey go and light a big fire and lose your helper by focusing far too much intensity on this', I'd take it as advice to lessen the intensity (that is what you should do) so you don't lose your helper. Your 'helper' here would be the person you love. Helpers in 56 are often friends or lovers. So I think you have misinterpreted this unfortunately. However if you can take it advice just to be somewhat less intense, perhaps no loss will be incurred. I'm not saying your interpretation is wrong because interpretation is a very personal thing and your own view of the answer may come with an intuitive feel we cannot see. However simply from my own POV I think you have misinterpreted and if you have it would be unfortunate because if you fail to take the advise here you may lose her.

I don't know what question gave rise to 28.6. I think it shows you are going to do what you must and in the process the water goes over your head which means you can't think clearly about this anymore. Yet this isn't wrong it's just you are going too far and if you do you'll lose track somewhat.

D

diamanda

Yi does not always answer the exact question although here it kind of has but from the angle of what not to do. You asked what you should do and Yi told you exactly what you shouldn't do. If you ask someone 'what should I do' they may often start by saying 'well don't do that' and I think that is what has happened here.

That is so true, I've seen this happening very many times.
Especially when subconsciously we already have some ideas on how to act.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
I think the Yi answered my questions directly and pretty clearly. And Trojina, I have observed that it is not unusual for you to impose your personal bias upon readings as you have here. Because you think I should not do something, therefore the Yi rather than answering my "What should I do" question directly, it must have actually meant something else, the exact opposite. In your view my direct answer was actually a non-answer. I think typically you personally would advise someone over their head in love to wait, cool down, hesitate. Don't act while you feel this way. My opinion on that, my personal situation notwithstanding, is it really depends on the situation and the people involved whether that is good advice or not. I certainly am well aware of how my personal feelings are reflected in the readings. Yet, the reading did NOT say to do anything but go forward, in a decisive manner that embraces my feelings rather than avoids or tries to neutralize them. Nothing about being a gelding, waiting, etc. in how it said I *should* act.

If the Yi thinks I should not do something, it simply says so. And has had no problem doing so quite often, actually.

- LL

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Made-up example:

X, who is juggling credit cards and struggling to pay off her debts, reads a sales letter for an amazing premium product that will transform her finances if she just invests today. It sounds like the solution to all her problems, and the sales letter says that if she's really serious about becoming successful she'll be willing to invest in herself. She could 'invest today' (she'll just need to get another credit card), or she could do some research into the company, or ask advice, or decide against.

'What should I do?'
'24.6'

Reductio ad absurdum, of course. But we can agree that sometimes Yi might reply to 'what should I do?' with 'here's what you shouldn't do'.

I also agree with Lavalamp that knowing what you asked is important - and that 56.3 could mean something quite different in response to 'what to do?' as against 'what will happen if...?'.

Of course, this particular line is a lot less clear-cut than my imaginary reading. 'Constancy, danger' tells you that continuing like this, making 'More Fire!!' your sole guiding principle, is dangerous (and I wouldn't dismiss Trojina's suggestion that the 'helper' lost could be the beloved, either) - but that doesn't tell you directly what you 'should' do now. Wilhelm sees one 'should' and LiSe sees more or less the opposite. I doubt it's possible to reach a conclusion either way without following personal bias. As Diamanda suggests, 'should' is a tricky word with a lot of implications.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
[Edited: crossed posts with Hilary. I take way too long writing...]

Lavalamp, for what it's worth: once upon a time, I personally received 56.3 as a warning about quite a serious problem I was on the verge of causing myself. I didn't heed the warning, and the misfortune occurred.

I think what Trojina is saying about these lines makes great sense. Please notice she never told you to stay away from your girlfriend. Neither did I. We're just making relatively mild suggestions that you tone things down a bit.

I think Trojina's angle is an especially good one, because she raised the possibility that you might actually harm this relationship that's so important to you.

And I'll join Diamanda in agreeing I have also seen Yi answer indirectly, and even change the subject entirely, as was the case with my 56.3 experience (I had no idea I was about to cause myself a problem, therefore I wasn't asking about it, but Yi tried to warn me anyway).

Of course none of us can be sure beyond doubt what the readings meant or what will happen. But you're seemingly not willing to consider any suggestions or other points of view. I suppose that's part and parcel of being hopelessly in love? But please try to take in that Yi might be trying to help you here?

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Well "toning it down?" I am the lavalamp after all! ;) But that advice assumes a lot about how I am relating to the love interest - of course I do not just spill being madly in love with someone to them. That would be entirely unfair to put a woman in that position, flood her with emotions that she could easily break your heart. I don't think you can get ahead of yourselves that way, that would be a very bad idea. I generally think you have to take these things a step at a time, not going too much further than the other person. An exception might be if you have run out of time, and there is not going to be another chance. Going off to war, for example. Then you might have to just show all your cards and let the chips fall where they are at that moment.

This question was for me. How do I go forward in this situation internally, should I deal with how I feel, which is certainly extreme and unusual for me. The advice the Yi gave me is not what I've observed any of you seeing in a reading, near as I can tell. And that is exactly why I posted it. I have heard the cautionary views on love some of you might typically advise many times - and more than once I have felt "read into" a reading.

Is it bad advice to say one should embrace feelings of being profoundly in love? Is it bad advice to say one should go for a relationship in a way that closes off other love options, considering what one really wants? I don't think so, not always, and I don't think it is very open minded for anyone to characterize that as just me being stubborn. The lines do not mean the same thing all the time, it depends on the situation and the questions asked. At least , that is how I read.

I do appreciate the concern, however! Thank you.

- LL

D

diamanda

This question was for me. How do I go forward in this situation internally, should I deal with how I feel

Well this point gives a totally different meaning to the whole question and answer.
Originally you had phrased it as:

But what I had asked was what I should *do* in this situation

I think that's why many posters interpreted the answer as what you should/shouldn't do.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Diamanda, they interpreted the lines received as describing my situation rather than being actual direct advice. Pretty clear I had asked for direct advice.

- LL

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Diamanda is exactly right. I (for one) definitely thought "do" meant actions you would take in your life in general, not just in your mind.

When you first posted, you said you interpreted your readings this way:

But what I had asked was what I should *do* in this situation. And the Yi said, burn your boats, burn your house, lose the dudes you hang with.

...because there are things that are more important than life itself...

That certainly sounded to me as if you were about to cut ties with your friends, move house, generally overthrow everything. It's why I suggested you ask more specific questions before doing such things (e.g. quitting a job or whatever).

If the intent of your questions to Yi was internal - as in, "should I make a full commitment to her" - then yes, I can see that being a different matter, still without knowing for sure what Yi meant, of course.

I think we might all be on the same page, though, now, or at least closer to it. Hooray for that :).

D

diamanda

Diamanda, they interpreted the lines received as describing my situation rather than being actual direct advice. Pretty clear I had asked for direct advice. LL

That is inaccurate. Some posters answered from a psychological perspective, and some from a practical one. But that is not the point I was trying to make.

The issue here, with this thread, is that on the 2nd page you suddenly decide to completely change the nature of the question. And I had a closer look - it's not even a misunderstanding. In the beginning, your question was clearly "what I should *do*". And you definitely meant it in a practical / course of action towards her way, because your own interpretation was:

56.3 means to make a firm decision. Burn your boats, for troops to burn their lodgings so they cannot retreat, this means to be unequivocal in committing to the course. Perhaps there are other candidates chasing you, who wish to partner with you, or other unfinished business. The Yi says what I should do with the person I am in love with, is rid myself of entanglements that might lead me to retreat. I take this as a positive sign, the Yi has also said this person is being "true." My job has zero to do with this! The Yi says to go for this relationship

Now suddenly you decide to change it into:
How do I go forward in this situation internally, should I deal with how I feel

That makes the whole thread nonsensical.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Yi answered my questions directly and pretty clearly. And Trojina, I have observed that it is not unusual for you to impose your personal bias upon readings as you have here. Because you think I should not do something, therefore the Yi rather than answering my "What should I do" question directly, it must have actually meant something else, the exact opposite. In your view my direct answer was actually a non-answer.

In the absence of any moderators may I remind you to please refrain from personal attacks. I gave you my view of your answer. I was not rude to you. I have no particular wish or bias for you to act or feel one way or the other, I don't know you, I was simply going by what the reading says.

Please note I also said

I'm not saying your interpretation is wrong because interpretation is a very personal thing and your own view of the answer may come with an intuitive feel we cannot see.

I think typically you personally would advise someone over their head in love to wait, cool down, hesitate. Don't act while you feel this way. My opinion on that, my personal situation notwithstanding, is it really depends on the situation and the people involved whether that is good advice or not. I certainly am well aware of how my personal feelings are reflected in the readings. Yet, the reading did NOT say to do anything but go forward, in a decisive manner that embraces my feelings rather than avoids or tries to neutralize them. Nothing about being a gelding, waiting, etc. in how it said I *should* act.

I would not 'typically' advise any such thing. 56.3 is a pretty stark answer whichever way you look at it. Whether you were asking about your inner stance or what you should do the answer is clearly saying to take care you don't build big fires and lose helpers. I didn't say anything about 'gelding' or waiting. You can keep a fire going without burning the lodging down.

If the Yi thinks I should not do something, it simply says so. And has had no problem doing so quite often, actually.

It did say so quite simply. However If you don't agree and prefer your initial version that's fine with me. Over and Out.

Oh some of this boils down to whether one thinks one can completely dispense with the auspice in a reading. I personally do not think so. Many lines have no auspice, they are neutral such as 17.2 . When I say 'neutral' I mean they do not auger 'good fortune' or 'misfortune'. If the auspice of a line is 'pitfall' or 'misfortune' I don't think that can be totally ignored. The auspice in 56.3 is just 'danger' so one might say it's an almost neutral auspice. Danger isn't shame or error necessarily. So see it however you want to see it.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
56.3 is a pretty stark answer whichever way you look at it. Whether you were asking about your inner stance or what you should do the answer is clearly saying to take care you don't build big fires and lose helpers. I didn't say anything about 'gelding' or waiting. You can keep a fire going without burning the lodging down.

True.

Despite me saying a post ago that Lavalamp clarifying his intent makes this a different matter, I'm still confused (and kind of backtracking, sorry).

Lavalamp is gravitating to LiSe's interpretation [edited: maybe the "intuitive feel" Trojina mentioned], which says:

"The troops burn their lodgings, lose their boy-servants. Determination danger."

When a dangerous task has to be accomplished, it is better to burn one’s ships. Fear is strong, but without a refuge it is easier to cope with. When troops start marching to the war, they remove their camp, so the decision is definite. (Changes to hex.35)

I can definitely see that as a situation which occurs. Example: someone who "knows" they shouldn't overspend, but doesn't actually change her habits until she has absolutely no money left and no recourse. Being pushed to the wall serving as a motivator.

Or, X is associating with people who are a bad influence and holding him back. He realizes this, but is afraid to leave, since they are his friends and the only life he knows. In order to set himself on a better path, he may have to cut ties completely and drastically.

Similarly, the advice I understand is given to recovering alcoholics: "No, not only can't you ever again have even one sip of beer, you can't go to ballgames anymore, because ballgames mean drinking to you."

Or "tough love" from parents to a child. I don't much like the idea, personally (easy to say from the vantage point of never having had children), but if parents think changing the locks and not letting their child in the house anymore is the only way to get him/her to make progress in life, sometimes it's done (I guess). I'm sure there are other illustrations.

So this is a perfectly understandable slice of human experience...but if it's the interpretation which applies to Lavalamp's internal mindset, how?

I actually don't see how to apply LiSe's interpretation to Lavalamp's internal attitude. What am I missing? Something really obvious? :confused:

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As Trojina said, this might be something only Lavalamp will know or understand. That's fine, but I think our point, LL, is please don't criticize us for not being able to articulate or understand your unexplained intuitions.

(Edited) Lavalamp, apologies, this was an unnecessary "piling on" comment.

If you do feel LiSe's take on 56.3 applies to your situation, and if you'd care to explain, that would be interesting. It seems most of the rest of us have had more experience with the Wilhelm interpretation; it would be nice to illuminate the other side with a real example.

Last edited:
S

sooo

I see nothing at all confusing about LL's interpretation. I agree with everything he's said. If you're going to go for something then don't look back (56.3), and if it means taking the risk of going through water that's over your head (28.6), then make sure it's worth that risk to you. No guts, no glory, and the line clearly says no blame either. The line says nothing about drowning, only getting ones head soaked for a time (overwhelmed). Seems he's quite overwhelmingly smitten already; what has he left to lose?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well, yes, the 28.6 seemed less alarming than 56.3.

It just seems odd, and extreme, that Yi would use 56.3 to describe falling in love. I see your point: "What should I do??" "Go for it!"
Fine - but 56.3 is not rah-rah encouragement :pompom:. I wonder if what I've failed to understand is that Lavalamp is really really commitment-phobic? To where making a commitment to dating someone or falling in love with her would seem like a 56.3 experience to him?

Is that it, Lavalamp?

S

sooo

Seems to me if LL was seeking interpretations and opinions of his interpretation he would have posted this in Shared Readings. Instead he posted in Divination to share his experience, his interpretation and his enthusiasm for the insight he had received.

Kind of remarkable to meet so much cautionary resistance and opposition, since the most often written and sung love song lyric has to do with climbing the highest mountain, swimming the deepest sea for your love.

Maybe the servants he has to leave behind are all his advisers.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well once again, no one has told him he ought to break up with the lady in question. But 56.3 being a tricky line with diametrically opposed interpretations seems beyond refute.

After some intial alarm based in part on a really bad personal experience with 56.3, and in part on the mix-up about the intent of LL's questions, I (for one) have come around to trying to figure out how, rather than if, LL's chosen interpretation of 56.3 might work in a reading about the internal experience of falling in love. I think that's a legitimate topic and a really good opportunity for Exploring Divination - discussing how a line might apply to a situation where we don't often see it. (I could see it in either forum, really. It seems kind of a hybrid.)

Of course if LL really doesn't want to discuss it anymore, he can say so, or just ignore us.

(And Sooo, I know you're a musician, but real life is usually not like a love song, any more than life is usually like a Hollywood movie.)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
And as I said, I'm currently wondering if the explanation is that LL is perhaps more commitment-phobic than the average bear, and so falling in love feels to him like 56.3. Dating / falling in love / committing to someone has never felt like a scorched-earth experience to me, and so it's been a thought process to see it that way. (And obviously I don't even know if that's right - pending LL saying something.)

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, Lavalamp, for posting your reading here in Exploring Divination as I have been wanting a conversation like this for some time. When I am looking for advise and cast something like 56.3 I often find myself wondering whether Yi is telling me to burn down the resting place or warning me to take care not to do so. Sometimes I have an immediate flash of insight about a reading and then the "wondering" comes in the form of destructive doubt. Other times the wondering is a blessing that I wrestle with until the clarity arrives.

I agree with Bruce. It is right for LL to trust his insight. That is consistent with a time of 28, is it not, i.e. "A noble one stands alone without fear."? He is standing in his knowing without being dissuaded by other perspectives. But I am grateful for those other perspectives, i.e., views from other parts of the Elephant.

And paradoxically, I can see 28.6 as being auspicious for a relationship... with the top line perhaps being the end of a time of "standing alone".

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
First off, Trojina I made no "personal attack" against you. I do appreciate you have concern and wish to help people. I did make the observation that it is entirely the kind of response I expected of you, based on reading a lot of what you write. I do think you color readings based on your ideology and bias, but everyone has a bias. Being aware of it is helpful and feedback on that is useful in life. I spent a lot of time as a youth in group therapy - as an interest, not a requirement - and what I said is pretty mild, it is a mirror and meant to serve consciousness of how others see us, certainly not intended as a "personal attack," to demean or insult.

Lisa, yes the line regarding burning one's boats/lodgings/losing a servant I was interpreting as you say. I have someone else extremely interested in me as well, who is more junior to me than my love interest, my love interest is my equal I am not chasing a servant girl. The Yi said I should not permit that as an out for myself should things not be going well, I should make a firm commitment.

As for going in over one's head, that is pretty much what WIlhelm says. You must go into the water over your head. You may drown, but so be it. There are times when that is what you have to do. I am already over my head - profoundly, cosmically smitten, it's not like I have never been infatuated or had a electric attraction to someone before - this is very different, and I know how easily I could be hurt when my heart is like this. So I came to the Yi and this message was I think to embrace my feelings. It could have told me to restrain them, could have said a lot of things. Instead the Yi said this is a course I had to take, and it's one of those things - love - that is more important than life.

No Lisa, I am not commitment phobic. I am a scorpio. I am if anything overly possessive, I have to restrain myself not to say you're the one on the first day. And my challenge here is to let this one be as free as she needs to be. She is an artist and lives on inspiration, if I try to constrain her she will die.

Sooo - yeah, I am a musician and songwriter too. When I tried not to feel in order to protect myself, I had little to write about. Ever since I decided that does not work, and I will love who I love and follow my heart, I have had some heartbreak, yes - but a creative peak that I should have had 20 years ago. I would say if you try to protect your heart and restrain your feelings too much, you damge your creative spark as a human being. You have to take the chance of disappointment and heartbreak. That is what love and human life is all about. That is why we are here.

Thanks everyone.

- LL

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).