...life can be translucent

Menu

slow slow slow ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know why entering readings in the journal is so slow compared to the old software journal. There is buffering between everything I try to do wheras with the old one I didn't have to wait. So I click 'new entry' and have to wait, then wait to indicate what type of entry, then wait again to put in the hexagram number and wait again with the little circle going around and around for the thing to save.

My computer in general isn't going slow so I guess it's this software and I wondered if anyone knew how to speed things up ? I'm getting bored with the waiting.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Which view are you in when you're entering readings? If you use Entry List, it's marvelously fast (Justin improved that a lot in the last upgrade). If you're using Entry Tree - my understanding is that Justin is working on it (that information is pretty old, though).

Calendar view is pretty fast, too, though I don't think I've ever added a new reading from calendar view, except just now as a test.

Speaking of versions - what version are you using (Help > About)? I have 1.3, which I'm pretty sure is the latest, unless I've missed something.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Which view are you in when you're entering readings? If you use Entry List, it's marvelously fast (Justin improved that a lot in the last upgrade). If you're using Entry Tree - my understanding is that Justin is working on it (that information is pretty old, though).

Calendar view is pretty fast, too, though I don't think I've ever added a new reading from calendar view, except just now as a test.

Speaking of versions - what version are you using (Help > About)? I have 1.3, which I'm pretty sure is the latest, unless I've missed something.

Thanks Lisa, you're a star. I will check these out. I hadn't even considered what view I was in. I will experiment later and let you know what happens. All I want the journal for is to put readings in so that's all I do, but it's taking 3 times as long as the old journal. It must have something to do with the view as you say.

What version ? Well I only just bought it so I think it's the latest version.

I might use it for other things when I get used to it.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked, I have version 1.2 so need to update. I have a journal updater icon, tried that but it doesn't seem to have updated it even though it said 'update complete'.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh tried the view thing and it makes no difference, it's terribly slow, something needs to change. I can't sit watching the buffering circle go round and round when I'm trying to add new entries it will take months so I assume I need to get the update. How ? Maybe there is a thread here ....going off to look

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the slow-th. This is a bit odd as it's never been that slow for me - not in version 1.2, either. Windows is weird. (Though not as weird as Mac, of course, which won't run it at all.)

(There is a new version in the pipeline that will improve the entry tree's speed, Lisa will be relieved to hear.)

It seems possible that the updater icon you have is left over from updating to version 1.2. I suggest you start over at http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/journal/updater.php and download the updater to the new version.

If stuck, shout - if you send a ticket to the support desk (via the 'technical support' link), Justin will see it as well.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hooray I hadn't realised my journal was located in 'local disc C'. I still had the 1.3 update icon on my desktop so applied it to the journal and the update succeeded and yes it is all very speedy now

:bounce:

Problem solved. Glad I posted as I wouldn't have got there without suggestions, I'd assumed I had the latest update

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).