...life can be translucent

Menu

Focus and motivation on project 39.3 > 8

Dive00

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I have a project which pays well, it's a big one to in the domain of publicity, my expertise.

Long story short, I don't feel comfortable, happy, doing this project, simply because I am so fed up dealing with these sorts of projects before. The pay is good, but since I have been dealing with incompetent clients in the past, and projects alike. I'm just so tired, bored, frustrated working on this. Let alone being stuck behind a computer again working on this ****. It pushes me into depression and inevitably, I accepted this job for the pay! (hooray, things we do for money when we are desperate).

I don't feel creative, not at all motivated, deep down I feel I don't want to do this sort of work anymore (after 15 years).

I think I might have already answered my question, but I am also counting in external factors that could contribute to my lack of motivation and focus on this project that I could have over-seen.

So here is the question:

"Why don't I have and focus/motivation on this project?"

39.3 > 8

39 = Obstruction, speaks for itself.
.3 = "Biding Time"- To advance at this time will prove difficult. There will be safe passage only if you wait things out

Where does the "waiting" relate to? Waiting for my whimsical motivation/inspiration/creativity to come back?

8 = Union

Is this me "holding things" together? My relationship with my client? Or just get out, take a break, and mingle with people? The client is pushy to get things done fast!

"What can I do to feel better about this project?"

50.5.6 > 28

50 = Cauldron
I don't know where the cauldron applies to, my motivation? My mind?
.5.6 = Old handles replaced with Jade/
Stop thinking negatively? Refresh yourself? Meditate?
28 = Test of Faith
Have faith? :/

This I don't understand :(

Thank you. :eek:uch:

!!! OMG So sorry!!! I didn't pay attention and posted it in the wrong board :brickwall: :brickwall: How can I fix this this? Ha! Goes to show how I am not paying attention and distracted from this lame project :duh: !!!

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I'm just so tired, bored, frustrated working on this. Let alone being stuck behind a computer again working on this ****. It pushes me into depression and inevitably, I accepted this job for the pay! (hooray, things we do for money when we are desperate).

I don't feel creative, not at all motivated, deep down I feel I don't want to do this sort of work anymore
Exactly what I've started to feel about programming 5 years ago. I did quit, and my answer is surely biased :)

39.3 → 8
You can't connect(8) with this project. 8 asks 'Examine, are you right? [to join with ...]'.
.3 says better stay here in a safe place, than to go on with the project.

How can you feel better? 50.5.6 → 28
50.5 → 44 (Seduction) Don't be seduced by gold (rings), the contents of the pot are what matters.
The joy of working, the product itself, meant to be a sacrifice for the gods and/or to feed the people.
Ears/rings are just there to carry the pot, steel will do as good as gold you know :)

50.6 → 32 (Duration) Trying to do the same thing over and over again, holding on to the idea of money mentioned in previous line.

All this leads to 28 - rigid structure, excess. Don't try to contain your real feelings (50), they will overflow eventually.

28, Wilhelm says:
Thus the superior man, when he stands alone, is unconcerned,
And if he has to renounce the world, He is undaunted.

Dive00

visitor
Reaction score
Hello ashteroid!

Thank you for your reply! ^^ Much appreciated, and thank you to who ever moved my post to the correct board (excuse me).

Uhmm.. so in layman's terms, is Iching telling me it's better to abandon the project than to continue? (Which in it self is not a bad idea actually, or maybe just finish off the foundation-publicity-platform and discontinue the marketing plan --which has it's own future).

The joy of working, the product itself, meant to be a sacrifice for the gods and/or to feed the people. Ears/rings are just there to carry the pot, steel will do as good as gold you know

sacrifice for the gods and/or to feed the people + Ears/rings are just there to carry the pot, steel will do as good as gold you know

I got the first part, joy of working (on my behalf) but the rest goes through me, don't really understand how this applies to the situation. Let alone the sentence :/

And if he has to renounce the world, He is undaunted

Again, I don't understand :/

Next question then;

"What if I continue with the project until the end?"
42, unchanging, increase.

Increase or stress, difficulties, or, get my act together and buckle down. :/ ?

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I meant that you shouldn't just work for the money(gold rings of line 5).
The pot is really what matters - the job/work but also the product (food).
If you feel good when you work, if the job gives you joy, and even better the product gives joy to others - that's an ideal to strive for.

I was trying to somehow express the sacrificial/spiritual side of h50, its combination of material and spiritual aspects. Your spirit should enjoy the project too, that gives the drive and real motivation I think.

By steel I meant - you don't have to have golden rings on a pot to carry it, steel/iron will do the same job, although not so glamorous.

"And if he has to renounce the world, He is undaunted"
If superior man has to renounce material riches/big rewards/projects - so what? He is still happy, he understands that money is transitory, that it's not the most important thing.

Find a job that you really like, don't concern yourself with the salary.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).