...life can be translucent

Menu

Wen Wang Gua

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by WWG and interested in learning this. I have messaged 'forty two' (Yvonne) about her insights here but I'm not sure she still checks this site. Is anyone else interested in WWG or have you studied this in the past?

Thanks

charly

visitor
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by WWG and interested in learning this. I have messaged 'forty two' (Yvonne) about her insights here but I'm not sure she still checks this site. Is anyone else interested in WWG or have you studied this in the past?

Thanks
I also believe that Ivonne doesn't check Clarity from time ago.

Maybe if you ask Jack Chiu, the author of The Secret of Wen-Wang Gua, Divination using Hexagrams.

Here is his site:
Good luck. Let us know if you find her.

Charly

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
Hi 1eleven

Liu Yao (aka Wen Wang Gua) is a very interesting but complicated system. Fortunately, you can find a little bit more information about it in Western languages now; but it is still true that most of the information/resources/courses are in Eastern languages (Chinese, Vietnamese, Singaporean, etc.).

I haven't found yet any book in Western language with the full scope of rules and guidence for interpretation. Raymond Lo's is pretty basic yet it gives you a right foundation mindset; Jack Chiu's is a little bit more complete but again he left aside some important concepts like "total clash" (oposition in his terminology). Sheng Bau's Prediction of Changes is a good one for reference, but no so strong in clear rules. And Alex Chiu's is a mess... he gives you a lot of real/good information (he is the most elaborated at this time in Engkish) mixed with blantantly errors (and for a beginer is not easy to discern the good and the riot meal).

You can get some nice stuff if you can read Spanish, French or Italian.

Unfortunately, once a Chinese topic gets "popular" in the West you can find A LOT of oportunistic "masters" selling you expensive (and most of the time uneffective) short courses to "master" it in 3 days :duh: But then again, with some luck you can find someone serious to teach you the real deal.

Best

ernobe

visitor
Reaction score

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
Hi ernobe

I've heard of Shu-Yuan Chen's book but haven't read it yet. It seems very interesting. Can you give us some review of it?

Best

ernobe

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Sixth Relative
I haven't seen the book. But judging by WWG books that I have seen, I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to begin even if I had. I'm the creator of Wikipedias' page on Wen Wang Gua, in which I tried to approach the subject more from a historic point of view, as a development of Chinese philosophy. Spanish version is at Wen Wang Gua.

Last edited:
N

Nevermind

Hi Sixth Relative
I haven't seen the book. But judging by WWG books that I have seen, I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to begin even if I had. I'm the creator of Wikipedias' page on Wen Wang Gua, in which I tried to approach the subject more from a historic point of view, as a development of Chinese philosophy. Spanish version is at Wen Wang Gua.

What do you want to know about it?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).