...life can be translucent

Menu

Have I been overlooked 41>3

G

goddessliss

Recently I was sent an email asking if I was interested in discussing the prospect of working as a teacher in the wilderness.
I answered yes and sent my phone number suggesting they ring me so we could discuss the potential of this for position.

The job is for 6 months which suits me fine as that's exactly what I was hoping for and an adventure at the same time.
It's been over a week and she hasn't looked at my message so obviously haven't responded. She may have sent out the same message to other teachers so I'm wondering it the jobs already taken.

What is the potential I've been overlooked for this teaching position

41.2.5.6>3

I'm not sure although if I just use Hex 41 reading it as Decrease I feel it's gone to another especially line 6 saying servants (teacher) have been gained.

D

diamanda

It does sound like the position might have gone to another person.
Your question, however, was if you were overlooked - the answer says yes, you've been overlooked for now.
It all sounds quite vague - overlooked as in temporarily, or position totally gone?
I'd ask a separate question about if the position has already been given to another.

G

goddessliss

Thanks diamanda - they employ people only in the busy season which does mean it's a temporary position and then next year it will be open again.

What is the potential Jo will offer me this teaching position in the future

46.2.5>39

Honestly it's still not very clear to me - Obstruction and Pushing Upward - makes no sense to me.
Possibly I could be offered it next season - which would be a year from now.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I was sent an email asking if I was interested in discussing the prospect of working as a teacher in the wilderness.
I answered yes and sent my phone number suggesting they ring me so we could discuss the potential of this for position.

The job is for 6 months which suits me fine as that's exactly what I was hoping for and an adventure at the same time.
It's been over a week and she hasn't looked at my message so obviously haven't responded. She may have sent out the same message to other teachers so I'm wondering it the jobs already taken.

What is the potential I've been overlooked for this teaching position

41.2.5.6>3

I'm not sure although if I just use Hex 41 reading it as Decrease I feel it's gone to another especially line 6 saying servants (teacher) have been gained.

It's a great cast for the job IMO. That is it's full of exploratory spirit and doesn't ask too much of you (41.2)

But for this particular question you can get the actual answer by calling them if you have their number. I urge you to do so. No point sitting there wondering and consulting an oracle if you can pick up the phone and ask them if they have your application. So many things can go wrong with communication so it's always worth checking out. So on the basis of this cast you cannot simply settle for acceptance that you have been over looked, you must check it out in person.

46.2.5>39

Honestly it's still not very clear to me - Obstruction and Pushing Upward - makes no sense to me.
Possibly I could be offered it next season - which would be a year from now.

Good idea to talk to Jo rather than the I Ching here ? She can tell you for sure whether your current application has been over looked and also, if it has, tell you why, and perhaps advise how you might do better for the next application ? If there is someone who can answer your question directly do speak to them. I am afraid the time you spend wondering what your answer means you could have got the actual answer from the place with additional information besides perhaps ? At least if you call you'll know for sure.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

46.2.5>39
It sounds like although there will be promising steps to begin with, the process will be blocked in the end.
With 3 and 39 as resulting hexagrams in both cases, I don't think this will work out (but of course I'm wishing you it will!).

G

goddessliss

Thanks Trojina - she found my job profile on a website that's specific for these sort of jobs (teaching in outback Australia) and approached me, but unfortunately she didn't leave me a phone number to contact her, just asked if I was interested.

Thanks diamanda - well that's a bummer :(

G

goddessliss

She has just sent me a message giving me more information re the job and asking if I'm still interested.

G

goddessliss

Yes totally....I've knocked back a few jobs because they just weren't right but this one is very much in so many ways. I replied saying I'm still keen so now it's a waiting game yet again!!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If it says 'Guest' under the user name then the person has left.

Liss left ages ago.

There is a goodbye thread somewhere in Open Space.

When asking people to update it's worth checking if it says 'Guest' and also look at their profile to see when they were last here. If they were last here a decade ago they likely won't show up.

I do see people asking others to update who haven't even visited the forum for maybe 7 years. I suppose you never know, they may come back or come back with a different name.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).