...life can be translucent

Menu

how to stop suffering? 14,1,6/32

V

Vissino

I asked today "How to stop suffering?"
It seems that Possession in Great Measure (suffering?) ends and then Duration.
14.1 No relationship with what is harmful. I should avoid harm by realizing the dangers and exercising appropriate restraint.
14.6 keep things in balance...then... I am blessed by heaven and good fortune.
32 Duration.

It seems that if I stay away from what makes me sad and restraint myself, I will be blessed and it will have duration... Anyone sees it differently?

Thank you! :)

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
Embrace what is good for you, release what hurts you. That's the advise from the Image.

This is not only about staying away or to release what hurts you. That is half the work. This is also about to embrace what is good for you in a proactive way.

V

Vissino

I am thinking.... If my answer was only the image of 14 I wouldn't need the changing lines, for an unchanging 14 would be the answer.. But IC gave me 2 changing lines and hexagram 32...

Also, I was doing a research about line 14.1 it seems to show one being hurt because he has no access to all resources (wealth, Possession in Great Measure, blessings)... like someone who feels unlucky, doomed... or someone who meets with difficulty upon difficulty, but through no fault of his own... (the way I feel indeed) but finally 14.6 shows that someone is blessed by heaven...

Maybe I should feel blessed and grateful even though the difficulties I cope with...because sometimes a higher purpose is served through suffering..

Last edited:

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
I am thinking.... If my answer was only the image of 14 I wouldn't need the changing lines, for an unchanging 14 would be the answer.. But IC gave me 2 changing lines and hexagram 32...

Right.

Lines 1 and 6. You shouldn't feel any guilt nor sorrow when you decide to disassociate whith whatever hurts you (being situations, places, persons or ideas); you also need to keep aware that this 'something' is hurtful. There is a risk to seek continuance with something hurtful, being situation, places, persons or ideas.

Reaction score
Hi Vissino,
When I get line 1 and line 6 of a hexagram, I sense that I am going quickly through the lesson of the entire hexagram. Here is what I get from your casting.
32 is the context of your question and the result at once. You are enduring in your life, enduring through the ups and downs. Sometimes, we must keep going forward. Living itself is healing. Be constant, patient, keep your faith in yourself and in life.
Line 1, as Sixth Relative and you are both saying, has to do with releasing what is harmful and what separates you from Great Abundance. How are you torturing yourself? You may be causing feelings of separation within yourself and making your wounds hurt more. Do you speak to yourself with kindness? Do you value yourself , even when things are difficult? Or do you cause hurt by negative self-talk?
Line 6: Divine Help. However you understand the divine, -- as a transcendent source of goodness, as luck, as God, or however, -- call on the divine. Call on that source of power and goodness within yourself, and value it, be generous to yourself and others, and then your life will pick up and suffering will dissolve. As I see it.

Last edited:
W

weaver

I agree with loverofknowledge. To me the message is that there is a part of your self that persists and endures unaffected by what you go through - the way it's possible to look back at certain events from long ago and feel almost that they happened to someone else, even though they were difficult to live through at the time. For this self (32) there is no loss or gain (14.1). Everything is blessing (14.6). So connect more and more to that part of yourself whether by meditation, lying down and closing your eyes for a few minutes, or asking yourself, How will I feel about this in 20 years' time? That might sound like a very irritating answer since you are suffering and worried now. But there is the important side effect that as you connect more with that enduring, calm part of yourself, things otherwise also become smoother, both in the sense of your reactions to things and the external things themselves. Wishing you the very best.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).