...life can be translucent

Menu

What is best 31>58

G

goddessliss

Things aren't quite working out in this new job....at times it's been nightmarish and I've been through a myraid of emotions which mainly come from high frustration.

The school term ends in 3 weeks and I'm sort of expected to make myself scarce until the new term starts. It's a live in situation a very long way from home and I'm without my own car. So long story short I'd have to spend all I've earned to go away from the homestead for 2 weeks although I'm welcome to stay here it's so, so isolated and out in the wilderness there's absolutely little to do and I did travel a long way from home in the hope I could explore the area not this homestead.
Also next term I'll only be working for about 8 weeks and then the job's finished here as it gets way to hot to for anyone to stay and the family will move into town and the kids will go to the local school.

I'm not enjoying myself really but getting some reward from my teaching and getting paid.
I've started seeking out similar jobs that are closer to my hometown and I'd be taking my car with me so I could explore that area easily and head home for the school holidays as well as be able to visit my middle son who would be about 8 hours drive away.

However I feel like I start so many things, something happens and I leave and try something else...is this a pattern? am I not following through enough?

How would it benefit me to continue with this job next term

31.1.2.3>58

Opening and Attraction

Line 1 - little influence in this situation - this is true overall although I can see I've had a positive strong influence on the kids education but there's never, ever any acknowledgement from the parents

Line 2 - a need to just stay with it at this time

Line 3 - seek a better place for myself

Reaction score
Hi,
31. 1. 2. 3
This has to do with the early stages of attraction -- or joy in what you're doing. There is the impulse to move towards what you want, but it is not yet the time. Something needs to be worked out.
58: if you stick to the process, you will have exchanges with others, which will help you make the right decision.

It sounds like: it would be nice for you to get away during the break.
And: what would the benefits be to staying another 8 weeks afterwards? Generally, persistence pays off. Is that the case here?

Remember You have moved outside of your comfort zone, literally into the wilderness, doing a difficult job, -- teaching -- all of a sudden. Please know, it's completely natural to feel uncomfortable and unsure! It would be surprising if you didn't feel that way. Give yourself a lot of credit for your willingness to do it. You are growing and learning.

G

goddessliss

Thanks again loverofknowledge for your interest in my threads - well the thing that needs to be worked out is another job to go to I'd say.
I had a breakthrough with the kids on Friday but man it's been a challenge being here.

Well in the bigger picture if I work the 8 weeks I may not be able to get another job to take me until the end of the year.....which is more like 18 weeks so I would be missing out on a whole lot of pay.

thanks for your kind words re moving out of my comfort zone...

Reaction score
Oh, so there might be an opportunity to find another job, which would last longer, if you pull out of the 8 extra weeks?
Your reading, as I understood it, was saying that this decision will be decided by a process of exchanges with others (58), preceded by noticing your feelings (hex 31) without necessarily acting immediately upon impulse.
yes, about going out of your comfort zone: it's really true. Allow yourself to feel unsettled, knowing that you are growing.
Working with kids could definitely be challenging, but rewarding once they trust you...

G

goddessliss

Well I've made up my mind to leave regardgless. I've spoken to a couple of other people who do a similar job to mine and unfortunately because there's no monitoring body some of us get treated very badly so I realise now it can just go hand in hand with job and this happens to be one of those not so nice places to work.

Perhpas that's the process you speak of loverofknowledge

The process of exchanges maybe the conversations of had with other tutors and/or also with another employer who job offer is attractive (Hex 31) to me at this time and she has an opening (hex 58). Hopeful to know by the end of this week.

G

goddessliss

Thanks loverofknowledge and the plot thickens in this job....too long a story to share on here. However employment elsewhere looks promising should know by this time next week what my next move is re employment.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I've read through this thread and am sending you every good wish that you find a more suitable situation, Liss!

G

goddessliss

Well it got so stressful and I started to feel more vunerable that I called on a neighbour I'd never met to help me get the hell outta there. I'm back home and sleeping on and off from exhaustion.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).