...life can be translucent

Menu

Has he made a decision?

G

gael123

Three years ago, I broke a friendship in sad circumstances. It was my decision. My friend then moved away from our shared city.

We have many friends in common. I get plently of news, and I often miss him.

Bottom line: I've tried to reach out to him, to apologise for how I ended things and to suggest we could meet. I did it by email. He never replied.

Ah, well. Doubtless I'll move on. But in the meantime I asked the Yi:

1. How does he feel about me these days?

33.2 > 44

2. Has he made a decision about me?

15.3>2

3. What do I need to understand about our relationship?

18 unchanging.

Hm. Seems like mixed messages to me - or maybe I'm just unable to read for myself as I'm too invested (as usual).

Any help with what these hexagrams might mean would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

G

kttuan

visitor
Reaction score
1. Hexagram no.33 to 44 means he think "ohh this girl need me, so i do...".
2. 15 changes line 2 to 02: no decision but he will come back, take some "benefit" and dissappear gain, soon.
3. No 18( decay) i think you understand fully.
Anyway, your casting is very convergent.

D

diamanda

I'm afraid it sounds like he's already made up his mind and left your friendship well behind.

How does he feel about me these days? 33.2 > 44
That he's retreating and you don't want to let go.

Has he made a decision about me? 15.3>2
"There is an end", he's made his conclusions.

What do I need to understand about our relationship? 18 unchanging
It's poisonous in some respect or other.

G

gael123

Thanks for these responses. I'm not a woman and we haven't been involved sexually, so I would only edit those things a little, but then I should have told you that! I suppose in a way these aren't the answers I'm looking for, but I do think your readings make sense. I was a bit thrown off by the hex 18 which I have always experienced as meaning 'slowly fixing or restoring something.' but I've been looking at discussions about hex 18 unchanging and people do seem to lay more emphasis on decay or irrecoverability than I had expected. I think I see how that works now: unchanging, it can mean - you've done all you can, move along.

In any case, I've asked the Yi some more questions and they correspond with quite striking clarity to what you've been saying.

What decision, if any, has he made? hex 33.4.5>52

What was the perception on his part that motivated his decision to withdraw? hex 55.4>36

What's his view of me now? hex 33

I'm very sad about this, but I don't think there's any hope there.

M

mirian

Hi gael123,

I am sorry to hear that you have received hex 33 twice this time, confirming the interpretation from diamanda and it is striking that the Yi is really making a point ! Hex 33.4.5 > 52 just shows his complete withdrawal, in a polite and diplomatic manner. I know that it is still important to you to look into his motivation. And when you asked that you had hex 55.4 > 36 which imagery is completely dominated by darkness, both line 4 and the relating hex. 36. I think his view is that there is no understanding whatsover between the two of you and the result can only be hurtful. So total retreat is the only possible attitude. I understand how hard this is but at least you know where you stand at the moment.

G

gael123

Thank you, Mirian. He was very important to me and our falling out has always hurt a lot. I asked one last question of the Yi - 'What has it been like for him to let go of me?'

Answer: hexagram 28 unchanging.

I guess it's been hard on us both. Perhaps with that I can let go and move on.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).