...life can be translucent

Menu

Potential new client? 62.1.3.5 -> 17

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a freelance copy editor & proofreader for years, working on science & humanities books for a few publishers. From time to time I get a new client who will ask me to take a sample test to see if my editing matches their requirements.

Recently an acquaintance put me in contact with the science journal she works for, which is a pretty prestigious one. The journal editors have asked me to take their proofreading test, which I've completed and am about to return to them. I asked the I Ching whether the editor will be satisfied with my test and offer me some work, and I got 62.1.3.5->17.

Lines 1 & 3 mention pitfalls and having to defend myself--perhaps overexceeding in my efforts? :confused: But then I think line 5 hints that I get what I've gone after ...?

The related hex is 17, Following, which I think is saying I may have put a lot of effort into this--maybe too much? I have worked for 2 days on this test--but events will fall as they will and I must simply go with the flow and not expect it to unfold as I want it to. :brickwall:

Am I close? :)

Thanks,
Compass

kttuan

visitor
Reaction score
62 to 17: there are at least 2 ideas about your work, 1 accepted and 1 not, however counter idea is heavier.

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
62 to 17: there are at least 2 ideas about your work, 1 accepted and 1 not, however counter idea is heavier.

By 'counter idea', do you mean the 'not-accepted' one?

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there

I believe things work out ok , line 1 i believe is describing you preparing yourself,line 3 is describing the roller coaster you have been on and line 5 i think is saying things will work out if you believe in yourself, 61 in general is about inner strength.

This all leads to 17 following means advancement through willpower. So i guess yes follow through and nail it.

I believe in general this has been quite a test but at the end of the day I think this will just make your tools sharper

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Lets us know how you went Compass, would be interested.

Steve

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lets us know how you went Compass, would be interested.

About 45 minutes after you posted your first response, the publisher emailed to say that he will look at the proof when he gets back from vacation in 2 weeks, but on initial glance my work 'looks more than acceptable'. So that looks very promising--I wanted to wait until I hear further from him before saying anything here, but your reading seems to be very accurate. Thanks very much for your help! :bows:

Cheers,
Campus

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).