...life can be translucent

Menu

Auspicious line? Hex 2.2 to 7 outcome

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I received this reading in asking the Yi for clarification on how a complicated situation involving a bit of a mess with acquaintances would be resolved or resolve itself. The situation itself is complicated, a romantic interest of mine (the feelings are mutual but it's too much of a mess to deal with) and the meddling of this third party. Right now I've been in a terrible state of confusion and vacillation of feelings for the romantic interest and of course anger at the third person for betraying my confidence and also trying to control the friendship I have or had with the romantic interest. (Told you it was a mess.)

The first hex I got was 47.5 to 40, indicating forgiveness I guess, or confinement to liberation strangely! Line five confused me because forgiveness is so broad, abstract, so I asked for further clarification on how all of this would be resolved and got 2.2 to 7.

When I looked this up, different sources said that 2.2 is a very pure line by which I do nothing and everything gets done. All I really want is clarity and truth to arise from this situation, but overall I'm getting the message that there is literally nothing to DO--but that a correct order will be restored. Or something like that. That's probably beyond my comprehension, and who knows how things will turn out between me and my first friend the romantic interest.

Does anyone have a different take on 2.2 to 7? I mean it seems like it can't get any simpler and purer than that. I also wanted to share the reading because it seems like such a cool line, something I've been searching for in all this tumult of emotions.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Blofeld's translation says: "Though nothing is done, everything prospers . . ." I remember how confused I was getting this line years ago, when my situation was complicated. Much of what I was thinking was "wrong," and I uncovered the bedrock of my true beliefs and understandings in a few days.

Please come back when your situation sorts itself out and let us know what happened!

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
Blofeld's translation says: "Though nothing is done, everything prospers . . ." I remember how confused I was getting this line years ago, when my situation was complicated. Much of what I was thinking was "wrong," and I uncovered the bedrock of my true beliefs and understandings in a few days.

Please come back when your situation sorts itself out and let us know what happened!

I certainly will, Ginnie. I'm interested in finding out what I "don't know" yet, and meanwhile I will have to do what for me comes hardest--nothing, and surrender. :)

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
Just adding a little to this thread- I still don't know what this misapprehension is that's indicated in 2.2, so I asked the Yi for a clue. I've done nothing but be receptive and keeping to myself in all this.

I asked, "What is this thing I don't understand? May I have a hint?"

I got 11.1.2 to 15.

In any case I'm having a hard time putting into words what I see in 11. It seems like the energy of it flows upward from an earthy complicated scenario of interconnectedness up to ...??? Who knows? Line 2 seems very obscure. Maybe leaving these friends or abide them and keep my principles.

I noticed --I think-- that both 11 and 15 are balanced hexagrams. Is there any significance to this?

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I got 11.1.2 to 15. Line 2 seems very obscure. Maybe leaving these friends or abide them and keep my principles.

I don't know about the balanced hexagrams, but line 11.2 is usually something that we do alone. Leaving those friends or abiding them and keeping your principles: In any case, that's a withdrawal.

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know about the balanced hexagrams, but line 11.2 is usually something that we do alone. Leaving those friends or abiding them and keeping your principles: In any case, that's a withdrawal.

I meant hexagrams that are the same trigrams top and bottom. I don't know if that's significant or not.

Yes. I've had to retreat. It makes me sad that I put energy into these relationships and they perhaps weren't what I thought they were. Still no giant realization, or maybe that's the realization. All I know now is that I can't change it--just have to retreat and do nothing.

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
I meant hexagrams that are the same trigrams top and bottom. I don't know if that's significant or not.

Yes. I've had to retreat. It makes me sad that I put energy into these relationships and they perhaps weren't what I thought they were. Still no giant realization, or maybe that's the realization. All I know now is that I can't change it--just have to retreat and do nothing. . .

My final cast for what I'm not seeing was 22, which at least gives me a more positive focal point for the whole thing thank you, Ginnie, for your responses.

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
Following up

I posted this query more than a year ago and am following up ~ It took me a year to let go and do nothing and just let this situation with a friend of mine sit WAY on the back burner. I just got this same cast again in reference to the same person/my relationship with this person.

What I understand about this line now is that things are just the way they’re supposed to be. The more I can settle into the position of not trying to steer my way toward outcomes that I want, to be closer to this person, the more genuine I am actually being with myself (2.2). This has taken a LOT of self discipline (7) to get to this point of not being a control freak and yes, a lot of studying the Yi, a lot of maturing and a lot of acceptance (very 2!).

My takeaway from this line is that you cannot and are better off not forcing things to happen, and the 7 in the background means cultivating the self discipline and discomfort of not having things my way.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).