...life can be translucent

Menu

Yi as inspiration (from the blog)

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Yi tends to shape people’s thinking, and when it gets hold of an artist or writer the consequences can be thoroughly*interesting…
I mentioned Will Buckingham’s Sixty-Four Chance Pieces once before, but I’ll happily jump on this opportunity to recommend them again. These are 64 short stories, one inspired by each hexagram,*drawing on real knowledge of and insight into Yi and a true delight to read. (And maybe to use as a divination companion, as who knows what synchronicities might open up in response?)
ir
And… I’ve just heard of a new work*that looks very interesting: Changing, by Richard Berengarten. It’s a remarkable undertaking: a poem inspired by the whole Zhouyi, line by line. Here’s a pdf sampler that includes the first two hexagrams – though we’ll need to read the whole book to discover how much he’s been able to integrate of the Yi’s own internal architecture. I look forward to it.
(If you’re in Chicago, there’s a book launch and reading from Changing in the University of Chicago’s Wieboldt Hall 408 on October 3rd at*4.30pm.)

The post Yi as inspiration appeared first on I Ching with Clarity.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).