...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump or Clinton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trump or Clinton?

The original Who will be President of the United States thread got 20 pages long. After Trojina's great idea on page 20 of that thread, that someone should collate all readings about Trump and Clinton, I decided to be that someone. I went through the whole thread (phew...) and here are the collated results. For anyone interested in all the readings about Bernie Sanders, I had summarised them on page 9 of the original thread.

To add my overall impression after this interesting exercise:
    The elections will be a thriller full of suspense and unexpected twists and turns.
    The next president will be either Trump, or none of the two.

I would also like to add Sixth Relative's excellent observation from that original thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sixth Relative View Post
    when it comes to the use of Yijing in electoral issues, my experience is that 'getting more votes', 'winning the election' and 'taking office' are 3 different animals. It is the best practice to Keep that difference in mind when tossing the coins.

ref noposterdatequestioncast
    mholden1969April 20th, 2016Will Trump be our next President41.1 > 4
    2Will Hilary be our next President10.1.4.5 > 4
    3loverofknowledgeApril 21st, 2016Will Trump win the election57.5 > 33
    4Will Hilary win the election8.1.2.5 > 19
    5TohpolApril 21st, 2016I received 9.5>26 for Trump as President9.5 > 26
    6mholden1969May 11th, 2016Is Trump going to be the next President55.1 > 62
    7Will Hilary be our next President31.3.4 > 8
    8mholden1969July 1st, 2016Will Hilary win this election41 unchanging
    9Will Trump win this election15.5.6 > 53
    10mirianJuly 22nd, 2016Please describe the gender of the next American president.8.3 > 39
    11Tim KJuly 22nd, 2016I decided to ask about a gender too16.3 > 62
    12Trump wins?43.6 > 1
    13Trump wins?47.4 > 29
    14Clinton?46.5 > 48
    15Clinton?20.2 > 59
    16TohpolJuly 22nd, 2016What's the likelihood that Trump will romp home to "victory"?13 unchanging
    17What's the likelihood that Hillary Clinton will romp home to "victory"?16.1.2.3.5 > 43
    18steveJuly 22nd, 2016Give me a picture of the next president of the USA25.4.6 > 3
    19liquidityAugust 30th, 2016Trump's electoral prospects3 unchanging
    20Hillary's prospects36.1.4 > 62
    21mirianSeptember 2nd, 2016reading for Clinton50.2.3 > 35
    22reading for Trump2.4 > 16
    23steveSeptember 12th, 2016Will Clinton resign before the election57.1.2.3.6 > 3
    24mirianSeptember 12th, 2016I did a reading asking if she would succeed regardless [of her pneumonia]45.3 > 31
    25mirianSeptember 13th, 2016Is Clinton going to walk into the White House as a President?50.3 > 18
    26Is Clinton going to resign?33.3.5.6 > 16
    27mulberrySeptember 14th, 2016Will Clinton be president?64.1.3 > 14
    28I also asked for a picture of Trump's chances to win27.6 > 24
    29Re: assassination...I asked for a picture of Trump's risk2.1.4 > 51
    30mirianSeptember 18th, 2016I asked today if Clinton is going to win25 unchanging
    31diamandaSeptember 25th, 2016Hilary & Trump - will the next president be one of them?24.1.5 > 8
    32leighdSeptember 27th, 2016Will HC be the next president of the US?25 unchanging
    Will DT be the next president of the US?51 unchanging
    34mulberrySeptember 28th, 2016Will Hillary be president?55.3 > 51
    35Will Trump be president?51.1.5 > 45
    36soshinOctober 10th, 2016In which position is Mr. Trump now?29.6 > 59
    37steveOctober 20th, 2016Will trump win the election26.1.2.6 > 15
    38liquidityOctober 20th, 2016Prospects for Trump in the election?13.2 > 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My thoughts about today's readings (ref no 37 and 38):

Will Trump win the election? 26.1.2.6 > 15
    Steve I agree with you, this sounds quite auspicious for him.
    After danger (26.1) and a separation (?) (26.2), line 26.6 shows an unobstructed way.
    And yet 15 doesn't show a very great success, so it still doesn't sound like a clear 'yes'.

Prospects for Trump in the election? 13.2 > 1
    The "insiders" lose. So I believe this means Clinton loses.

It seems like we're all going to have to wait and see what all those shocks will be.
    Clinton loses, Trump has an unobstructed way... and yet Trump's "victory" won't be that great.
    Whatever all that might prove to mean!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

awesome table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamanda View Post
    My thoughts about today's readings (ref no 37 and 38):

Prospects for Trump in the election? 13.2 > 1
    The "insiders" lose. So I believe this means Clinton loses.
    Interesting how we have such different views of the reading. The question was the prospects for Trump and the moving line reads "Fellowship with men in the clan. Humiliation."

Those are Trump's prospects. His prospects are "humiliation." That doesn't sound remotely like Clinton loses to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I see what you mean, you read it from a completely different perspective.

What I meant was, the 'clan' brought to my mind the Clintons, the insiders of the White House.
    Trump is an off-side. That's why I took it to mean Clinton/clan loses.
    I can't connect Trump with any particular 'clan'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The result is also hexagram 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the Ku Klux Klan? He has been associated with David Duke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The result is also hexagram 1
    In my experience with this cast, there's a need to move away from the 'clan' and make a fresh start (hex 1).

Quote Originally Posted by missann View Post
    What about the Ku Klux Klan? He has been associated with David Duke.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of this so far (while, in contrast, the whole planet knows that the Clintons are a presidential clan).
    I believe that if liquidity, who did this cast, has strong knowledge of strong Trump/KKK bonds, then it may well refer to this.
    However I must say that by searching this on Google, I can see articles on how this Duke guy "bromances" and "loves" Trump, but Trump on the other hand "disavows" and "rebukes" Duke. So, not sure how strong this connection is...

Just for the record, I consider both Trump and Clinton utter scum, and I find it very sad that the US people have to choose between one of the two.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great table diamanda.

Although at the beginning of the year I was fairly certain that Clinton would be president I think her health issues (dementia) as well as her longstanding criminal activity means that she has become a liability to a portion of her Establishment supporters. I think Trump will clinch it in a similar way to Brexit - fairly unexpected. The readings appear to be consistently favourable for a Trump "win."

Since the media and polls are hugely in favour of Clinton there is a huge underestimation for the level of support he has among the Christian right and Libertarians who make up a sizable demographic - shocking as that may be. He'll obviously be a disaster for domestic policy and societal cohesion in the U.S. but possibly a safer bet in terms of foreign policy.

It also depends how much Trump pushes the envelope of his own independent decision-making. Like Obama and those before him you either have a rude awakening as to the nature of politics and geopolitics at this level and thus play the game as a puppet or you have your wings clipped, or worse. Trump will undoubtedly have a few nasty urprises in store for him if he does get in.

There's a lot of hatred for both these candidates out there which is only going to produce more divisions whoever the winner is. Once again, it's the people that will lose. But I guess the old maxim is true: a nation get's the president it deserves.

Regardless, we don't have long to wait to find out...
    "Take the understanding of the East and the knowledge of the West and then seek." G.I.Gurdjieff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tohpol, what excellent points! Especially the similar to Brexit shocking factor.
    And I believe you're totally spot on about the (non) independent decision-making in US politics.

Yes I know about Clinton's criminal activities. As about her dementia - I hadn't heard of it. I searched for it on both Google and Yahoo (because I know Google do cook up "top search" results), but I didn't manage to find any substantial evidence on either of them. Do you have any reliable link? And just because I'm curious....

Does H. Clinton have dementia? 4.4.6 > 40

4.4 - entraped/enclosed folly, humiliation. This sounds like a yes, or, she's just a complete and hopeless idiot. "Not only that it has no opportunity to receive education, but that it is completely isolated by ignorance (...) (which is because it is) lonely and far from solidity". In any case, dementia or not, she's not well in her head.

4.6 - "Ignorance reaches its upper extremity (...) as if defending against a bandit (...) i.e. to prevent wrongdoing from occurring rather than offending the bandit (i.e. punishing an ignorant person for wrongdoing, which will create a backlash and become more serious)". I take this to mean her environment keeps her under control (e.g. maybe with medications?).

40, deliverance, so I guess her condition, whatever it is, is being controlled.

The hidden line is very interesting also, 64.6, if one wets his head, he loses it.
    So maybe she still has an alcoholism problem?

* the quotes for lines 4.4 and 4.6 are from Tuck Chang's page.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast