...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump or Clinton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamanda View Post
    And yet many of us who have posted have said that it's very possible none of the two will win.

In my experience, 27 unchanging means that the hunger will remain unsatisfied. I don't see JS winning with such an answer (although I hope I'm wrong).
    OK. I see your point. This thread is not stuck in the 2 Party Trap.

Hexagram 27 unchanging is the very first hexagram I ever cast. I was living in Cleveland, OH at the time and a sand tray therapist I was seeing suggested that I needed a "guide" and encouraged me to learn about the I Ching. I asked about a trip I was hoping to make to Hawaii to study for one month at a lomi lomi massage therapy school run by Nerita Machado. It didn't really make practical sense for me to do that. I wasn't sure what 27 Unchanging meant. Would I be a meal for a shark in the ocean? I haven't thought about that reading for a long time. I can say that I will never regret my decision to go and do the training. I feel fortunate that I was able to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The email investigation has been reopened into clintons emails, this is possibly the surprise maybe

Steve

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Just an observation:

I wonder why so many of us ask yes-or-no questions when it is common knowledge in Yi-circles that questions like "Will A or B win the election/the football game/the supertalent show?" are not exactly the most useful ones?

In my opinion such an approach leads nowhere.

We should concentrate more on questions which clarify what undercurrents there are at work in the minds of the voting populace; how well each of the candidates is able ride the waves of news cycles (like pussygate or FBI-letter) and so on.

Or for example questions about the Dao of the next administration. Or how the respective personalities of both candidates make them more or less likely to get the trust of the majority of voters.

I think we don´t have too many questions in the original thread but too few questions who reach a little deeper.

Just my two Eurocents.
    Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are the chances Clinton can still win the elections?
    42.1.2.3.5 to 18

If one considers the resulting hex as the backdrop/context, her chances still look good, but it will be topsy turvy until the end.

Regardless who wins, the US is facing an hard long pass of (re) nation building. The damage, even to kids, is profound and can't be swept under the rug. I'm very sad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
    What are the chances Clinton can still win the elections?
    42.1.2.3.5 to 18

If one considers the resulting hex as the backdrop/context, her chances still look good, but it will be topsy turvy until the end.

Regardless who wins, the US is facing an hard long pass of (re) nation building. The damage, even to kids, is profound and can't be swept under the rug. I'm very sad.
    I hear you, but it hardly gets any more auspicious for Mrs. Clinton than that, I´d say.

Hexagram 18 in the background and the probable future indeed shows a lot of work on what has been spoiled. And by god, it has been a lot. This election was beyond belief. On many occassions I asked myself: Is this really happening?

As someone said:

Do you see it way up high? Way beyond the clouds, almost invisible?
    That´s rock bottom.

This election had traumatic consequences not only for people in the United States but worldwide.

But here comes 42
    ----

It furthers one To undertake something.
    It furthers one to cross the great water.

It furthers one to accomplish great deeds.
    Supreme good fortune. No blame.

Ten pairs of tortoises cannot oppose it.
    Constant perseverance brings good fortune.

The king presents him before God.
    Good fortune.

One is enriched through unfortunate events.
    No blame, if you are sincere
    And walk in the middle,
    And report with a seal to the prince.

If in truth you have a kind heart, ask not.
    Supreme good fortune.
    Truly, kindness will be recognized as your virtue.

-------

Obviously I am not American, but I think I can speak for the overwhelming majority of people in countries worldwide when I say:

First:
    Thanks God this psychological trauma misnamed as election will be over soon.

And second and foremost:

Good old Europe is setting all his hopes in the wise choice of the good people of the United States. This election is not about emails or about grabbing p*ssies. But about someone who asks why he shouldn´t use nuclear weapons when he has them; who wants to proliferate them to countries like Saudi Arabia and who thinks climate change is something the Chinese made up.

Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight View Post
    What are the chances Clinton can still win the elections? 42.1.2.3.5 > 18
    With 18 as the resulting hexagram, I'd say her chances to win are far too slim.

On the other US elections thread, one of the first questions was
    "Will Bernie be our next President", 41.1.3 > 18, and we know how this turned out.

Also there was 18 resulting for one? some? of the losing candidates for the UK conservatives leader election in September. Can't remember, and can't find the thread. Does anyone know - has that thread been deleted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe Clinton is so much more dangerous for the world she is not progressive she is a NEOCON. She voted for the Iraq war which was a regime change and has really distabilised the middle east, whats worse she repeated the same mistake in Libya. Now she wants regime change is Syria, my god there will be nobody left there because they will be in Europe. The more instability in the Middle EAST the more refugees.

For many US citizens obama's policies are not working ie obama care. So with her policies its more of the same.
    Clinton does not care about the american people, just investigate wiki leaks, she herself has said you need a private and public face. The clinton foundation is a way for her and bill to line their pockets.

What they have done to the people of Hati is disgusting at best, go ask them what they think of the clintons.

Her criminal investigation is open again, she is finished, where is her trusted assistant? she i off the campaign trail, really who do they think they are fooling. The democrats have ran this campaign like they are in the 1930's are think people really still fall for these shenanigans, if she won this now i would be astonished.

She is part of the group of people who want one government which has an eliete class and we work for them.
    Lastly clinton has bad relations with russia which concerns me, she has already blamed them for wiki leaks of which they have no basis.
    Trump wants better relations with russia not worse.
    Trump says dumb things but clinton does dumb things. I will feel much safer with Trump in office.

The democrats could have chosen anybody except clinton and won but they wanted her to do the establishments bidding and its backfired. There greed has hung them.
    I dont know what all these donors will say that gave them money to their foundation thinking they will win.
    LOL quite angry I would expect.
    I really believe this is the end for the clintons this time. If they were confident uma abedin would still be with clinton.
    They know whats on the laptop

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Diamanda -- Not re this thread per se -- and perhaps I should post elsewhere -- but I'm curious about how to interpret resulting hexes.
    In this thread, you appear to take it as the future outcome. In my thread on "kitty from US", you indicated that the fan yao is what the answer is not.
    I'd learned that the resulting hex, especially in the case of several changing lines, should be read as the context/backdrop and that the fan yao provides details on the meanings of the changing lines.
    So I'm wondering whether I've been interpreting the wrong way all this time.
    There are situations, such as this reading on Clinton, where the difference in interpretation method makes for wholly opposite meanings.
    If Hillary has a moment to comment on this, that would be great!
    @Steve, yes Clinton is a Neocon and yes there are lots of things about her professionally and personally that are not thrilling (understatement), but nothing is more frightening and dangerous than having Trump elected.

What are the chances that a third person might end up president in the aftermath of the elections?
    5.3.6 to 61

Line 6

'Entering into the pit.
    There are uninvited guests – three people come.
    Honour them: in the end, good fortune.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think everyone and anyone in the forum should post on this thread, its politics and not everyone agrees "thank god" otherwise we would all be walking around in silver jumpsuits and no hair.

In Australia there is saying never bring politics or football to the pub and for good reason.

So many may not vote and vote green , to me thats a wasted vote however others will not comply feeling they have been pushed into a scenario that is totally distasteful.
    My perspective in the reading is that this will open up a path in the future for a third candidate
    5.3.6 to 61,

There is only one week to go before the whip comes down, i believe the surprise was the complete dismantling of the democratic party ( clintons fbi investigation) lets face it when these people are on your case they never go away, even if you are a clinton.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flashlight, I don't read the 2nd hex as context, other people do.
    I read it in sequence, e.g. in 42.1.2.3.5 > 18, increase ends quickly (4 changing lines) then decay.
    There are many methods to interpret the I Ching (and threads about them), I chose what works best for me.

As about choosing between two evils...
    Clinton is pro-war. That, to me, makes her way more dangerous globally.

What are the chances that a third person might end up president in the aftermath of the elections?
    5.3.6 > 61

5.3 - something stuck in the mud. An enemy arrives.
    5.6 - someone stuck helpless in a pit. External help arrives.
    61 - protection, under cover, truth hidden.
    From this answer, I don't think there will be a third person as president.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast