...life can be translucent

Menu

Misfortune

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
I've had more than my share of misfortune..and just had a large amount of money stolen, again, when I barely have enough to meet my survival needs. :weep:
Was the money stolen? 53.3-20
How can I heal this recurrent pattern of theft? 53.3.4.5-35
What is my best attitude to this horrible loss? 36uc

:bows:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Lodestar,

Sorry for your loss!

"Was the money stolen?" ~ 53.3 to 20: It appears so.
"How can I heal this recurrent pattern of theft?" ~ 53.3.4.5 to 35: Hide the money better.
"What is my best attitude to this horrible loss?" ~ 36uc: Be less transparent going forward.

Bottom line ~ Stop flashing your cash ~ if these nefarious people lurking around you don't know that you have money, then they won't steal it.

I hope this helps!

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply radiofreewill. Yes absolutely that's the first layer. Thanks for this feedback.

But I'm interested in the deeper layers. I actually turned to face a wall and hunched to hide as I checked my cash.. I am not reckless at all. It was literally a 3 second check. But I did have to open it again to pay.. Previously I was targeted by professional thieves who were simply picking off easy targets. I know I have an unassertive demeanour and I'm sure that attracts this wrong kind of attention. I told my friend what happened and she said she's always overly casual about her cash and has literally never been stolen from.

It's possible to be careful and yet be a repeated target, just like you can keep attracting violent relationships.

So this is the layer I'm curious about about with my questions. :bows:

Last edited:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I see, thanks for clarifying!

I'm not a therapist, but in meditation there's the notion that our habitual thought patterns radiate their energies out into our surroundings ~ acting like a beacon ~ and calling for a dance partner.

So, if we act outwardly normal, but mentally beacon 'victim,' then the chances that a 'taker' will show up, acting outwardly normal, are pretty high.

In answer to your second question, imho, the Yi is saying to change out the upper nuclear trigram from Fire to Water ~ which I read as: switch-off the beacon, and flow along naturally.

Since you're conscientious about not flashing your cash, then I guess the question at the next layer down would be ~ what is your mind state about it all ~ calm and non-plussed like your friend, or something else?

I send a deep bow of best wishes. :bows:

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thankyou radiofreewill.
I think you are right, someone definitely saw me, despite my being a little careful.
As for the deeper layer..well I guess Yi hasn't an answer for how I can heal.
My friend has no trauma, I've a shed load.. I certainly am the opposite from victim mentality, but I was seriously victimised as a child and it seems to have set in my bones. Incidents like these just make me wonder why I bother, if despite all the work I've done, my past trauma is going to continue to blight my life. It's so devastating.

How am I? Exhausted..trying to move forward, make a living, find a home, survive..

Ok to try and see a positive purpose..emmm let's try this..
'I keep re-experiencing loss and devastation, but it's as an adult and the purpose is to show me I can survive and I have resources I did not have as a child'.

Last edited:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, Lodestar! I'm glad you're here.

The good news is:

You are not your trauma ~ you are the awareness of your trauma.

Even if fate has taped a sign to the back of your jacket that says ~ "Rob Me" ~ that's not who you really are at your core. As long as you identify with your trauma, though, then you will be buffeted around by it, as if it is your reality and destiny ~ which feels like real suffering.

Have you tried EMDR therapy? It's very effective at surfacing and releasing deep trauma, including trauma that occurred during childhood ~ and even trauma before you had the ability to verbalize it.

You seem to be losing hope (36uc), but keep a goin' ~ a changed perspective can reveal a way out of your predicament which is not currently visible to you. I highly recommend that you read The Untethered Soul ~ it is full of brilliant answers, imho, for questions at that next layer down.

All love and blessings to you.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

Lodestar I'm so sorry to hear about this loss, especially because it adds up to many other losses you've had.

Was the money stolen? 53.3 > 20
Yes I'll agree with you, it was stolen. It's quite striking that you got this particular line twice. The misfortune of the line happens because of loneliness. The woman has no child, neither a husband, and so there is advantage in "fighting off robbers".

How can I heal this recurrent pattern of theft? 53.3.4.5 > 35
I'll disagree here, the issue is not hiding the money better. After the loss (53.3) find a temporary solution (53.4). Then at long last you'll become "pregnant" and this will solve the problem, i.e. you won't have to fend off life's misfortunes all alone.

What is my best attitude to this horrible loss? 36 unchanging
Being less transparent is one way of seeing it. I also see 36 as cocooning and licking one's own wounds.

You said that your easy-going friend hasn't been through traumas. Does she also have her back covered financially? I.e. if she does get robbed one day, are there others around her who will jump in and save the day? I'm saying this because I've noticed that it's usually people who are well covered that are so nonchalant about money. Being myself quite an unlucky person, who has experienced all sorts of losses and devastation and traumas, I have concluded and learned that I just don't like misfortunes! I'd much rather have been born much luckier with a much easier life. I know it's no fun to be dealt with a bad hand (repeatedly)... I'm wishing you strength and I hope things get better very soon for you!

PS - maybe leave aside thinking about the past traumas for now. You've got a fresh trauma to deal with, and a very serious practical one. Concentrate on this urgent matter - one thing at a time, try to be easy on yourself :hug:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"I have concluded and learned that I just don't like misfortunes!"

diamanda,

I feel like you would love this book (check out the extended description) ~

The Spiritual Basis of Good Fortune by William Douglas Horden

I think of "The Untethered Soul" as laying out a crystal clear map of the inner spiritual landscape, common to all. This book, SBGF, on the other hand, is more like an i-Ching aware, trigrams-based, guidebook for finding the Way within that spiritual landscape ~ it's aimed at active seekers ~ and it is positively illuminating.

I hope you enjoy!

D

diamanda

Radiofreewill thanks for the suggestions, I know that such books work for some people. However they don't work for me.

I'm not a spiritual seeker. Back in my 20s I spent many years reading such books, lost count how many. I persevered for years, without any benefit at all. My life didn't become better, I didn't feel better, and I can say with absolute certainty that I see no point in continuing on an path which has no benefit for me. The only one thing that I read back then (can't even remember in which book) which actually proved true in practice, was something like this (it's not a word-for-word quote) - "if you expect life to be fair, with fair allocation of good and bad things happening, you will be perpetually disappointed".

Lodestar sorry for hijacking your thread!

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
It is curious to see such a combination of readings.
53.3 then 53.3.4.5 → 35 like an extended answer for the 2nd question, unfolding of the story so to say.
And also 36 is an upside-down version of 35.

Best attitude? 36 - accept this loss, keep living despite the difficulties, experience these setbacks, feel them.
53 seems to reinforce this,
Richmond:
The tree on the mountain grows tenaciously, refusing to be uprooted.

How to heal this pattern? 53 → 35, gradually the sun will rise in h35.
All three lines suggest passive approach,
53.3 → 20 Observe,
53.4 → 33 Retreat,
53.5 → 52 Keep Still.

I think your soul wanted to experience this for some reason, to be stronger I guess. Maybe the message for you is to 'Let God' worry about the money, to give up logical control of the situation. I mean - trust the universe it will provide the opportunities to earn/get money. Lose today - get it back tomorrow somehow.

Hidden lines:

53.3 → 20.4 → 12 (Stagnating), Richmond:
Contemplating the glory of the kingdom, his advantage is to be a guest of the king.

Let God ?

12.5 → 35 (Progress), Wilhelm:
Standstill is giving way. Good fortune for the great man.
"What if it should fail, what if it should fail?" In this way he ties it to a cluster of mulberry shoots.

Stop worrying so much, all will be fine ?

To be more practical, last two lines can mean - keep money in a secure bank, use debit card. It's safer that way.

p.s. reading book about OOBE, maybe you will find this message useful :)
(Talking with guides after astral projection)
No wonder there is so much confusion. We know how tough the physical vehicles
can be; we have all been there. The ultimate test is to recognize the truth while
surrounded by dense illusions.”

Spontaneously I respond with a thought, “There is too much expected and too little
guidance provided. Why must it be so hard?”

Another picture appears in my mind. I somehow know it’s female. “The school is
firm, but fair. Each creates the lessons they need.”

I look toward her and my thoughts just seem to flow. “But why so much ignorance
and pain?”

Another voice enters my mind, “School is painful for some, enlightening for others.
Only experience creates wisdom. The end result is always effective.”

I respond, “Even so, too little guidance is provided. Five billion people, and all are
hoping and praying that what they believe is true. It seems like an ineffective
school to me—all these people living in the dark.”

Another voice appears, “You don’t see the whole picture, my friend. Time is an
illusion. There is no rush. All are immortal. The very act of being is experience, and
experience creates wisdom. Time is not the issue.”

As I look around the room, the reality of the experience is overpowering. I can feel
the table and see the room with absolute clarity. Distracted by the sound of the
waves, I begin to feel an intense tugging sensation. I am being pulled back. In
seconds I am within my physical body. As I slowly open my eyes, feelings of
numbness, tingling, and disorientation quickly fade.

What is the purpose of physical existence?
Physical existence allows us to learn from experience. In a sense, the physical
dimension is a slowed-down molecular environment ideally suited for the training of
developing consciousness. The personal challenges we encounter in our biological
life are the lessons we need for our personal development. We learn by being, by
doing—by firsthand experience.

p.p.s
After some vandals stole my car's mirrors (rather expensive to replace on a volvo) three times in a space of few months I sold the car (didn't really use it, felt it was time to let it go). Put the money in a bank which went bust after a month! :)
State insurance of deposits only gave me half the amount 14 months later. So basically I sold the car for a half-price. After that experience I realised that money is just some pile of meaningless paper, I just walked one day and started laughing after this realisation. It will come when it's needed, no less no more.

O

oceangirl

I'm with diamanda here - sh.. happens to good people no matter how many meditations and spiritual books I've read it appears I continue to have tough things happen. As a child I experienced unphysical domestic violence and my very short first marriage was the same. My second marriage of 18 years was not in any way. However twice this year I've experienced domestic violence in 2 out of 3 my jobs.....I don't believe I attracted it but I am unimpressed.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Lodestar,

First, I hope things are working out for you ~ there's a lot of support for you in this thread ~ Please update when you can?

Also, it appears that your tosses have brought to the surface a common concern among many.

So, I hope you don't mind if my comment below addresses your situation broadly?

With the Yi, imho, it's not so much that bad things happen to good people...or that good things happen to bad people.

It's more that 'things' happen to people in a cyclic/repetitive way, based on resonance: if it happened before, then it can happen again.

So, if a person has a repeating pattern in their experience ~ for instance, serial robbery, recurring non-physical domestic abuse, why do I keep attracting people like this?, undergoing misfortunes generally, etc ~ then right or wrong ~ there will be a susceptibility to it happening again.

In the ancient Chinese worldview, moral good and bad is a matter of perspective and cultural norm referencing: it's understanding conditioned by past experience to determine what is right and what is wrong behavior on a personal and collective basis: it's learned behavior, and everyone participating in the system is expected to know better and do better, or there's punishment.

The Yi operates at a layer below that ~ at the level of pre-verbal empirical experience based on energetics ~ it's actually impervious to cultural conditioning. Instead, the Yi shines a hexagram response reflecting the underlying energy dynamic right through the conditioning layer ~ indicating the telemetry of the underlying situational energy in relation to the question asked.

Over time, Diviners in the way back put together a book of knowledge correlating the hexagrams received in response to questions asked with omens that they understood to indicate good fortune and misfortune.

These omens, prognostications and counsels then are interpreted in the context of your situation to advise you on how do I choose for the best outcome?

So, Lodestar ~ in response to your questions, I read the Yi as saying: If you want to break the pattern of serial robbery, then you should not flash your cash ~ which I understand as the Yi doing its job to guide you to the best life you can live under your current circumstances...

...regardless of the so-called moral good and bad attached to it by convention.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I hope you find it relevant to your questions, and useful for the discussion. :bows:

All best to you!

D

diamanda

It's more that 'things' happen to people in a cyclic/repetitive way, based on resonance: if it happened before, then it can happen again.
Radiofreewill, when repeated things happen to someone, it can sometimes be because the person has drawn them to themselves in some way or other, but this is not always the case. If Lodestar had done something wrong and had attracted this theft, I would expect to see a line such as 5.3 (waiting in the mud brings about the arrival of bandits) or 40.3 (he thereby encourages robbers to draw near). So in this case I believe it's not something Lodestar did or didn't do. It was simply a misfortune, bad luck, which does often happen to good and bad people alike. My sister once got robbed three times in four days. She's a very careful person, always, and she never got robbed before or after that time. The first time she was shocked, and obviously she was then even more careful. And yet it happened twice more within a few days, what are the chances!? Needless to say she was utterly shocked. She had done nothing different - she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time without any way of knowing it.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Lodestar,

To heal this pattern I first recommend you carry some sort of protective amulet with you. This could be a religious symbol, a special stone like a rose quartz crystal, or an item that is very special to you like I carry a souvenir ticket stub from a Beatles concert. These things form a much stronger energetic bond with you than money which comes and goes and thus makes it harder for anyone to slip past your radar to steal from you.

Next you need to re-prime your good karma pump. Start by counting your blessings, come up with a mantra of positive affirmations, "I have good health, I have good friends, I'm incredibly good looking, I speak English, I have enough to eat, did I mention how good looking I am? I'm warm at night etc. etc." Keep this going in the back of your mind for 3 - 10 days. Or just repeat, "I am blessed, I am blessed."

Make a list of things you've gotten for free or at a discount till it adds up to $400 (or what ever the amount was that was stolen) thus proving to your inner child that you are not a victim.

Happily give. Donate something to The Goodwill. Make a point of being very positive and happy now when ever you pay a bill or buy something. Be as delighted to give the money as the other person might be to receive it.

Although not everyone feels they benefit from reading self-help books they can be a source of inspiration. You don't even need to read a whole book - sometimes just reading the reviews can give you just the idea you needed in the moment. Although I am not a Christian I notice that when ever I read the Bible - even if it's a few verses picked out at random - I experience a shift, as if I've been re-calibrated to a better vibration.

Bachflower essences, particularly Rescue Remedy, can help too.

Best wishes for a rapid recovery!
Rosada

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks so much for your input. I am so grateful for this forum.
I can't reply to all comments so I'll just pick out a few things. Thanks Diamanda your answer resonantes. I really appreciate your feedback radiofreewill, having cash on me is something I need to be more careful not to do, but sometimes it's just unavoidable, and really I think the pattern of theft/loss is deeper. Thanks for "Keep a goin' ~ a changed perspective can reveal a way out of your predicament which is not currently visible to you.." yes that's so hard to do at the time, I just felt like giving up. Yep read that book a few times ;)

Tim, despite my despair, your OOBE 'Another voice enters my mind, “School is painful for some, enlightening for others. Only experience creates wisdom. The end result is always effective.”' actually made me laugh out loud at my situation.. the last sentence just cracked me up! :) ah yes pain is very effective!! 'Money will come' as is needed, is something I'm starting to believe over the past year or two, thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Here is my perspective on it now, after recovering slightly. I believe my energy was extremely low that day, low vibration = low vibration experiences, unless you are in a position to withdraw and protect yourself, which I simply could not that day, or ....I felt I'd no choice but to put outside demands above my own needs and therefore I was a walking target for some kind of low vibrational experience.
(Rosada your crystal suggestion is a great idea for there will always be days like this)

Another element of this is maybe a big fear of mine is being without money, that things will not work out, that no one will care, or help me if I'm vulnerable, make a mistake, or if I put a foot wrong..

Once the experience had happened, my next job was how to process it.
In talking to people I realise how brutally harsh I was being on myself, feeling like a complete loser and failure.

The last theft I got very little compassion or emotional support at all from the people around me, this time I'm in a new environment and three people touched my heart with their responses to my predicament. This means so so much to me, as I have spent so much of my life giving love and support to narcissists and doing without any support myself, the situation has shown me I am changing, the type of people in my life are changing. What's more is I verbalised what a complete failure I felt, normally I would just be stoic. In fact the last theft when I lost even more money, I didn't even cry.

Last edited:
O

oceangirl

I feel for you Lodestar and agree sometimes our energetic vibration can make us easy targets but sometimes things just happen. Hope all goes well from now on....Merry Christmas

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).