...life can be translucent

Menu

How can I prepare for his reaction? 56.3.4 to 23

scarlett3page

visitor
Reaction score
Anyone who would like to give me your interpretation, I'' freaking myself out a bit here...& Funny I was just thinking about Hex 56.4 from someone else's post , & then I received 56.3.4 changing to 23 when I asked Yi the question "How can I prepare for L's reaction to me moving?" A few of you saw my previous post about being in an uncomfortable living situation...well next month I'm moving in with a female coworker & I am so excited! But I have not told my friend's father yet, because I am scared he's attached to me & will not understand why I want to move. (The house is dirty, I am out of sync with my friend, her father has been weird with me, & neither of them understand or appear to value my interests & lifestyle choices...Eating well & being a growth minded individual) so there seems like little to reason to stay...it's also been 15 months, I certaintly tried to make this work & they did help me get back on my feet....are these lines mirroring my fears, simply warning me to stay amicable lest I offend him, or am I misunderstanding? Thank you for your help!

'Traveller burns down his resting place.
Loses his young helper.
Constancy: danger.'

Don't impulsively complain or be negative with him or I'll ruin the relationship?

'Traveller in a place to stay,
Gains property and an axe.
My heart is not glad.'

This describes how I currently feel I believe...I'm so uncomfortable here & an affordable opportunity to leave has finally presented itself...

And 23 as the relating hexagram, strip away the fears or perhaps it simply describes the situation where I am getting rid of what has worn out (this home!!)

scarlett3page

visitor
Reaction score
Or maybe it is inferring I have not or am not being as grateful & appreciative to them as I should be? All in all, I have struggled with my attitude but always, always been thankful & a good friend & roommate.

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Hi scarlett3page
I know this is an old thread, and you have probably resolved the situation?
I have found that looking back can be useful, sometimes enlightening.

I have often received this hexagram in relation to others passing through my life, as if the Yi is saying to me "you are all passing through".

I am passing through the situation, but so are others. Being a single parent for many years, I have been unable to travel the world as much as I wished, so instead I have met and cultivated friendships with many interesting people from all over the world. So in a sense, I travel with them, when they visit me, I am journeying within myself as we talk and exchange and learn with each other. Actually if I had a bigger house, I'd be active on couchsurfing.com. Nowadays I often end up with runaways, or stray friends from my teenagers friend groups!
Whenever I get this hexagram, I ask myself where I am wandering, or how I can step outside my own perspective. It also tells me that the situation is mutable, changing, not fixed, and that the questions qill xhange.
"The ground you are on is changing"

We are all the guests of life, not the hosts, and no matter how strongly you build a fortress, you yourself are just passing through, someone else will inhabit it after you, and one day, birds and trees and sky will reside therein.

Straight away, I thought that line 3 refers to your friend's father - he has burnt his house down with you!
You are the young helper, helping this man travel out into a changed world, a guide to how the world is now.
From deKorne
NOTES AND PARAPHRASES
Editor: [FONT=&quot]Wilhelm points out that the dynamic line in a dynamic place is in this case too overbearing -- representing one who shows no respect for either those above or below him. For a "stranger in a strange land" to behave in this fashion is a sure formula for failure. One is reminded of the boorish behavior of some tourists in foreign countries -- their insensitivity invariably costs them both money and respect. Sometimes the line can suggest a kind of masochistic petulance in your attitude toward the Work. [/FONT]Note: [FONT=&quot]Oracle interpretation must always remain open and flexible. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A recent receipt of this line reversed its usual syntax to portray a situation in which the “ Inn set on fire” referred to an organization which lost a faithful servant (the querent-employee) through unethical business practices. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Always allow your best intuition to recognize the best fit for the symbolism, particularly if an answer doesn’t seem to make sense.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Try inverting the situation to see if that works better – if so, the answer will usually be numinous.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I see it that his 'weird' behaviour has destroyed the house of your friendship that ye have been building.

To me line 4 says Gather yourself together and move on.
I think it also says that it is possible to retain your friendship with your friend. Did this happen?

Both together with Hexagram 23 as the background suggest that his reaction is not important to you - that he will react as he has been already. The bed is already split or splitting. The domestic situation has already split.

Just wondering how the situation turned out?
Did you move, but remain connected to your friend, but not with the father?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
any feedback on this ? to be fair the answer arrived years after the question so you likely didn't see it

scarlett3page

visitor
Reaction score
To give you all an update on the situation, I moved out in January 2017. Remained on good terms with both my friend & her father. Was already seeing her less and less due to our schedules, and she has never been good about reaching out to me, but since then saw them at her AA degree graduation in June and both their birthdays (August and October). Also took care of their dogs for a weekend a month ago. B didn't reply to my texts during the holidays. Her Father has asked me how I am and replies to texts from me within mere minutes. I chalk up the experience to him being very lonely, out of touch, and cultural differences. I don't think he is a weirdo. I hope to stay on good terms with them and see them for special occasions.

scarlett3page

visitor
Reaction score
Pardon, I am rushing my reply! I don't feel the house burnt down entirely...but yes, in a sense I was just a traveler in a very strange land. I am so happy the situation was temporary and is now over!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).