...life can be translucent

Menu

Did the assessment I took part in today go as horribly as I believe it did?

dancingfox

visitor
Reaction score
Did the assessment I took part in today go as horribly as I believe it did?
Hex 6.2.4.6 to 8

I am in the final round for a job at the company where I have been an intern during my final year as a student. I had to go to an assessment center today for this final round, where I was tested all day long in role-plays, interviews and psychometric tests. It was quite intensive and I started the day in a state of overtiredness. I managed to arrive half an hour late due to a trafficjam, despite the fact that I left early to prevent just that. Yesterday I finished my thesis and I am in the middle of exams. My mental state today was not exactly where it should have been :(

I have this sinking feeling about today -_-

Too tired to have good insights. Any comments? :bag:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Looks pretty yuk, doesn't it? With so many strikes against you - and mostly not your fault! - I'm wondering if this position was spiritually not right for you but you were so qualified you would have definitely been hired so the angels had to step in and create a major screw up so's you could move on and be where you're supposed to be in 2017 ... which would be where? A better job? Meeting true love? I dunno but as I say, it's seems like destiny is playing a hand here.
If you are offered the job I would read these lines as saying, yeah it did go badly but you are right for the job anyway.
I think 6.6 is saying don't stress over this or keep replaying it in your mind.

julie

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the way I see it, the I Ching is acknowledging what you felt: this didn't go the way you wanted it to. But it offers a lot of reassurance. I hear it as saying something like, "Yeah, bummer, time to retreat and lick your wounds, but it's all going to be fine."

dancingfox

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada

I just received word from the assessment center. I did great, so my bad feeling was based on my own fears I guess. They thought I was the perfect fit for the job, so I am hired :)

I guess the feeling I had about the assessment was based on my own fears and worries.

dancingfox

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Julie,

Yeah it did feel like a bummer, turned out unexpectedly great though :)

yarrowfield

visitor
Reaction score
What a great turnabout from your expectations; looks like you're much stronger under pressure than you realized! Congrats on the job, dancingfox -- hope it's everything you want it to be.

julie

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Fantastic! Thanks for reporting back.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Fabulous!
I find occasionally the I Ching doesn't so much give me a picture of the way things are so much as it acts as a mirror of my own feelings - and thus gives me a chance to reconsider how I feel, if my emotional state is rational or if I'm being, well, emotional. Your Conflict with Seeking Union certainly seems an apt description of how you were feeling but also it gave you a chance to change things around, to reconsider if it was THAT bad or to send up a prayer. I was worried awhile back and did a reading asking how my wedding was going to be and got the worst of all possible lines. Don't remember the number of the hex but the line was the one about a marriage and the couple just going through the motions and the ceremony being a complete fraud! Yikes! But just reading that made me straighten up and say No Way, I demand the angels rewrite this script NOW! And guess what? It was a beautiful day and people said it was the most fun wedding ever.. The I Ching works in mysterious ways...

Good to know for the archives that Conflict changing to Union can mean things working out well!

dancingfox

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Rosada,

You got married! Congratulations! Sorry for the late response...

Conflict changing to Union might also be a an apt description of my personal growth. I remember having to go through a similar assessment a couple of years ago. I did horribly, broke down in a minor panic attack before the end of the assessment. The outcome suggested I was an hsp, a highly sensitive person and that I wasn't suited for the job I was applying for back then. Yesterday I received the detailed results of my recent assessment and I was so very proud of myself. The conclusion was that I am able to channel stress into positive energy. If stress is the Conflict then Union could be seen as a catalyst to channel the tress into positive energy.

Perhaps I am delving to deep but I like the concept. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).