...life can be translucent

Menu

Ideas on what this profession could be? 20.2.6 > 29

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to determine if I already know the man that I will start a new relationship with (whenever that maybe - not rushing, just inquiring).
I asked Yi "What does this man do for a living?" and I got 20.2.6 - 'Overview' // changing to 29 - 'Dangerous Depths'.

So my thoughts are Hexagram 20 is referring to, maybe, a sales person, "traveling out in the community to see customers" . Hexagram 29 - has reference to Water, the River, and even read a "a cold drink".

What other kinds of professions do you see in this casting?

Thanks in advance!!
~Lorna

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As additional information / side note = there are 3 men currently in my life that I have interest in and they have interest in me.

One is Real Estate Agent, one is a regional rep for a Dry Cleaning Company, and one is a bartender who works at a restaurant on the River. In my mind - they all kinda fit the description.

I don't know if the 20>29 casting refers to any of them or someone I haven't met yet. Because we shouldn't ask yes/no questions - I cant exactly ask "Do I know this guy"..... How do you word a question such as that?

D

diamanda

What does this man do for a living? 20.2.6 > 29
Spying (20.2) and overseeing (20.6) danger (29) - digital security?
If it's one of the three you mentioned, then I'd bet on the bartender, due to the drinks & river.

Some people believe that you shouldn't ask yes/no questions, and some others believe it's totally legit.
I'd personally just ask "do I already know him", and I would also ask a question for each of the "suitors" you mentioned.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So, diamanda... I asked "do I already know this man"... and I got Hexagram 31.2!! LOL!!!
"be receptive to amorous invitations" // Woo-ing // getting a wife // inviting or being invited for a sexual encounter! all I can say is WOW. very fitting to the context of the question. haha
However - it changes to 28 - Domination......which could be a good thing or bad thing depending on the kind of domination (wink wink) (sorry couldn't resist the obvious there!!)

So - honestly - that answer didn't really clarify for me. lol

Would you see that answer as I DO or DO NOT know him. Because an invitation can come from either known or unknown people.

D

diamanda

I get the idea that it's someone you already know (or at least he knows you).
Line 31.2 shows someone who makes no movement, and that's good for a certain amount of time. But 28 shows that this person can't take the stillness any longer. So that makes me think it's someone who fancies you but hasn't yet made a move. Also, the character 居 in 31.2 means dwelling, or the place where you were born, and that's another element which makes me think it will be someone familiar.
Please do update this thread whenever it happens, and fingers crossed for you :)

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I cast for each of the 3

Bartender = 50.6 > 32 I think this is telling me NO he is not the one. he is a bartender as his income but he is a musician. He teaches me how to play the guitar when we are together. we have sparks when we are together but we both refrain from too much / going too far. I think that is where our connection is made - only music.

Dry Cleaner = 64UC Before Completion Ive had this one before, many times, with someone and it never worked out into something lasting. it was always just out of reach or never good timing. so I am going to say again NO he is not the one.

Realtor = 1.2>13 YANG/Energy and Initiative changing to Companionship ...this is the most promising of the 3. my initial gut reaction was yes he might be the one. But of course hesitation creeps in - because of the Companionship bit. but all good and lasting relationships start out as friends so there could be something to this. Also, this guy is the guy I know the least and for the shortest amount of time. we've actually only met once in a brief introduction but became FB friends and have had a few conversations that way - nothing too telling tho.

Thoughts???

Last edited:
D

diamanda

Totally agree with your interpretations lorna. 1.2 > 13 is a bit iffy indeed, but as you say you only just met him. It's the most promising of the three, there's definitely potential there!

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So....diamanda! Your digital security interpretation *could* be spot on. Just last week I (re)met a guy that I had met, briefly, a couple of months ago. He is a systems analyst for a tech firm. He is obviously interested in me. I am not sure where it is going yet, though.

So, I asked Yi if he was the one I had inquired about earlier and I got 24.2.6>41. that answer, to me, said NO. Returning changing to Decrease does not give me confidence.

D

diamanda

Hi lorna,

Glad to hear there's so much 'activity'!
I've been thinking about the meaning of your questions... Your initial one was what job will my next boyfriend will be doing - you did not ask though if it's going to be a nice guy etc. So fast forward to this question, well this question is also strangely said. "if he's the one mentioned earlier". The answer says return from short distance, and don't go further, and eliminate? That's one way of seeing it, as in, eliminate the others. Not sure though, as I find this particular question very confusing. Maybe ask what are the prospects for a relationship between you two?

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
diamanda,
I wasn't clear in my earlier response!! Sorry about that. The question about was he "the one from earlier" was regarding the 31.2 > 28 - where you commented that you thought it could be someone I knew. I totally think that that reading was in reference to this guy (computer guy) because apparently we had met a couple of times but I only remember 1 and since this last meeting he has been regularly attentive.

So I followed up with:
"what is the prospect of a relationship between Computer guy and Me?" 5.4 > 43 -- waiting with difficulty but could be love at the end

" Is Computer guy a good match for me?" 63 UC -- its a fantasy ...but fantasy could be either good or bad
...so I asked a follow up - "please clarify"... and got 42.4.5 > 21 -- which I am taking to mean that he would be a fantasy/dream come true in the real world / not just in my head but we are not meant to last.

" Should I ask Computer Guy to the X event?" 31 UC -- seems like a clear YES lol

I guess I will just go with the flow and not really worry too much about it. I could have a great time along the way with him until the day comes where we realize it doesn't work. Then back to square one. But I have to ask myself - do I want to invest in something that will not end up working out? I guess that's the next question....

thoughts?

D

diamanda

Ok I'll leave aside the question of if he's the one mentioned earlier, because I'm totally confused! :D

What is the prospect of a relationship between Computer guy and Me? 5.4 > 43
A 'painful' waiting.
43 about relationships is not that good... as the masculine lines get rid of the feminine line.
What makes you say "love in the end"? (< this is a genuine question, not sarcastic or anything).

Is Computer guy a good match for me? 63 unchanging
Another question: where do you get the keyword 'fantasy' for this one?
In 63 all lines are in their right place, so he's a good match. But... "in the end disorder"
and arm yourself against misfortune in advance. So starts well, but goes weird after?

please clarify... and got 42.4.5 > 21
Someone takes "the capital" and leaves, because the other person is too nice. 21 is
painful, and hidden 25:5 is probably about heartache. So unfortunately I'll agree with
you that it will be great, but won't last that long.

Should I ask Computer Guy to the X event? 31 unchanging
It sounds like a yes to me too!

do I want to invest in something that will not end up working out?
Well, to chip in my opinion: I'm 50/50 on this, depends on the mood.
Sometimes it's good - because if we never do anything temporary, then we might as well say:
"Do I want to invest in life, since we're all going to die one day anyway?"
Then again, if you're currently fed up with relationships not working out, maybe best to give it a miss.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).