...life can be translucent

Menu

13.3.6 > 17 what is happening at job front?

lilo

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
Need some help here friends..
I'm a single mother and joined work after a very long gap , in this job since 6 months.
To be able to take care of home, I have opted for working in office for 5 hours and rest 3 hours I work from home at my convenience. Recently after coming out of a project [had inquired here about it] midway, I haven't been put on another project yet.
I tried to find the reason, and learnt that project leads on existing projects don't want me as a resource coz of my time constraint.

I feel quite insecure, if I'm of no value, I may not be here long...
I asked what is happening at job front?
13.3.6>17

Does 13 and 13.6 say all is well? Does 13.3 say I won't have a project for a very long time?
What is the scene?
Please help me understand the situation.
Thanks!

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi lilo,

"What is happening at job front?"
13.3.6 to 17 ~ Stay principled and it will work out.

I see line 3 here as a clannish group of "us vs them" change-resistant hex 12 office types taking cheap shots at a flex-timer ~ the advice is to continue turning around high-quality work products within the expected timeframes ~ without getting entangled with the barbarians hiding in the thickets of the file cabinets. Sell yourself to the PM's as truly "one of them" in terms of commitment to project success and good team play.

Line 6 says that, after a time, you'll make peace at the suburban altar ~ i.e., your flex-time will work out because your professionalism wins the day with everyone.

Good luck with it!

lilo

visitor
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense Radiofreewill. There are hidden clans in the office for sure.

After the chat about this news few hours have passed and I don't feel as agitated as I did when I heard it, and intuition tells me it probably isn't as serious right now as I felt.

I was taken aback with the 'three years not starting anything' part of the line... what could that mean?

Thanks a lot for your help!

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You're welcome!

I take the three years part of the line to mean that if you can stay above the petty office politics ~ not starting any trouble ~ then you should be able to continue the current work-from-home arrangement for 3 hours a day. After three years, the situation may change, but for now it looks good.

I'm glad that you're feeling better about it!

lilo

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, like being patient and working productively for three years or for a long time - to avoid trouble.
Thank you very much!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).