...life can be translucent

Menu

22.2.4.5 --> 1

nike michel

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I had 22.2.4.5 changing into 1 and my question was about a future romantic development with someone.

I do not feel like taking actions. I also do not want to rush anything.

My impression is that 22 and the changing lines into 1 are positive: it is possible that something will happen and no action is required from me. However, 22 seems to be related to superficial, exterior beauty of things - so perhaps nothing serious will come out of this.

I have also read Hillary's interpretations on the unchanging hex 1 and she seems to suggest that things could only happen on an imaginary level, never becoming real.

What is your experience with 22 and with 1? Thank you!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
22. Grace is made up of the fire trigram below and the mountain trigram above. It is an image of a small campfire in the mountains. The fire doesn't light up a large area but it does create a cozy feeling of friends on a camping trip gathered together roasting marshmallows. The implication, warning, is that this vision may only last the night and tomorrow it's back to reality. As a response to your question, "What about this relationship?" I think it's saying that at this point you are only imagining what it might be and while the lines are mostly positive, at this point it's all just a vision. The resulting hexagram 1. The Creative makes me think that if you continue to visualize what you'd like to have manifest, an opening to having something more concrete will eventually appear. However, I would not assume this means you don't have to do anything. Maybe it means nothing more happens if all you do is dream. My experience with 1.uc is that it presents an opportunity but then one must be receptive to it. So I would say yes, 22. - 1. is something happening on the imaginary level but as to whether it ever becomes real is not addressed here.
Warning advice - 22. can describe a situation that is better left in the realm of the imagination - like having a crush on a stranger who later turns out to be quite different than you imagined.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I had 22.2.4.5 changing into 1 and my question was about a future romantic development with someone.

I do not feel like taking actions. I also do not want to rush anything.

My impression is that 22 and the changing lines into 1 are positive: it is possible that something will happen and no action is required from me. However, 22 seems to be related to superficial, exterior beauty of things - so perhaps nothing serious will come out of this.

I have also read Hillary's interpretations on the unchanging hex 1 and she seems to suggest that things could only happen on an imaginary level, never becoming real.

What is your experience with 22 and with 1? Thank you!

You didn't get 1 unchanging, 1 was your relating hexagram. relating hexagrams never have change lines since they are what the lines in the primary change to.

I think that behind your reluctance to press forward in any way is some distrust (line 4) that this could be as good as it looks and also perhaps you feel it's beyond you, maybe a lingering sense of unworthiness (line 5). I don't think you will rush anything, especially if we see the lines here as a progression. In line 2 you pay attention to the form of things, in line 4 you can't quite trust that something is as promising as it looks and perhaps later, if it develops, by line 5 you may at times feel out of your depth, a sense of embarrassment. I think hexagram 1 as the relating hexagram lends a dynamic energy to the primary, things move along inexorably as if there's more of a charge behind the issue, it's more than just about what you decide, there can be a sense of destiny in it.

I like the reading. It's a charming reading. Look out for feelings of unworthiness or shyness getting in your way though.

nike michel

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Rosada and Trojina. Your readings are my favorite on this website, so I am grateful that you both replied. I found interesting insights in both of your answers. I agree with Rosada that if an opportunity comes I should be ready to seize it, however, I do not want to take the initiative. Will this make the opportunity in hex 1 less real? Perhaps so.

Trojina's explanation of the progression in the three lines makes sense to me, and of course I'd like the idea of a destiny in hex 1, because it takes a weight off my shoulders.

Yesterday, right after this first question, I had asked another one: I asked if this guy is in love with me. I got 16.2 --> 40

I know I should not ask about the feelings of others, so I am not sure the Ching is talking of me or this guy. In both cases this answer makes sense to me. I was struck by the image of the rock in 16.2, and of the rain in 40.

I would like if you could once again share your readings about this casting in relation with the first one. I think it will help clarifying.

Thanks!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.
Hexagram 16.2 suggests a situation where things aren't moving but if you wait a bit the - hexagram 40 - rain may eventually fall.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).