...life can be translucent

Menu

Guidance: relationship with Qigong teacher

Kailash

visitor
Reaction score
I need guidance on how to improve the relationship with my Qigong teacher, whom I've met only a few months before, but has become very important to me as a teacher and also as a friend (& also the Qigong has grabbed me completely). I'm not a very good communicator, tending to keep things to myself, and possibly resulting in a sudden cooling down of relations because of a possible perceived lack of trust (maybe he feels I don't trust him). Also, with the new technology, some messages sent could possibly have been interpreted as a bit hostile, while it was not al all meant that way.

I am new to these I Ching readings and not sure at all what the reading suggests, although it sounds very positive.

My question was: What can I do to improve communication between me and my Qigong teacher (& friend)?

The reading: 61 changing to 2

Hexagram 61: Inner Truth

'Inner truth. Piglets and fishes, good fortune.
Fruitful to cross the great river.
Constancy bears fruit.'

Line 1
'Guided, good fortune.
There is another, no peace.'

Line 2
'Calling crane in the shadows,
Her young respond in harmony.
I have a good wine vessel,
I will share with you, pouring it all out.'

Line 5
'There is truth and confidence as a bond – no mistake.'

Line 6
'Cockcrow rises to heaven.
Constancy, pitfall.'

Hexagram 2:

'Earth.
From the source, creating success.
The constancy of a mare bears fruit.
A noble one has a direction to go.
At first, confusion. Later, gains a master.
Fruitful in the southwest, gaining partners.
In the northeast, losing partners.
Peaceful constancy brings good fortune.'

Mira72

visitor
Reaction score
May be it is a question of emptying your cup a little? It seems the hexagram might be giving you picture of the situation...

as you have said, may be the teacher feels that you are not 'receptive' which is another aspect of trust?

Kailash

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Mira72, I really appreciate your comments. Yes, at first - after an initial period of timidity and shyness - I just felt so relaxed and at home in his company, like a long lost brother almost. Then he was away on a sabbatical for 6 weeks, with his girl friend, and when he got back a few misunderstandings happened (or maybe I am just being oversensitive), with a resulting cooling in relations. One of the sentences from the reading says something about "absolute presence and concentration creating a true connection", maybe that is what the message is mainly about (or that's my feeling anyhow). Which compliments nicely what you are saying about emptying my cup a little.... if I can really try to empty my mind, for instance, of all the worrying thoughts, and truly listen what he is trying to teach me... or empty my cup in the sense of trying to be less egocentric, yes, that also. Thanks so much

Mira72

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Mira72, I really appreciate your comments. Yes, at first - after an initial period of timidity and shyness - I just felt so relaxed and at home in his company, like a long lost brother almost. Then he was away on a sabbatical for 6 weeks, with his girl friend, and when he got back a few misunderstandings happened (or maybe I am just being oversensitive), with a resulting cooling in relations. One of the sentences from the reading says something about "absolute presence and concentration creating a true connection", maybe that is what the message is mainly about (or that's my feeling anyhow). Which compliments nicely what you are saying about emptying my cup a little.... if I can really try to empty my mind, for instance, of all the worrying thoughts, and truly listen what he is trying to teach me... or empty my cup in the sense of trying to be less egocentric, yes, that also. Thanks so much

Glad to be of help. And the part about the girlfriend clarifies the yi's comment on 'there being another'. For I did wonder a bit about that line. So all in all, I am glad to see how completely helpful the yi is when we ask with sincerity.

I notice this often times...on either side of the equation....when we meet someone who has more 'presence' than us, whose mind is stiller and thus deeper than ours, we find that peace of complete acceptance, and communion...for they see us fully, as we see us. And then when we lose that point of contact, which has to be from the very depth of our being, everything else that comes up, is the stuff our mind throws up...and if we are not careful, and considerate, we miss the chance to interact with such a person and deepen our own connection, but at the very least we can become aware of our tendencies that get in the way of reaching our own depth.

Kailash

visitor
Reaction score
Really very helpful these insights. Much to think about now. Such beautiful words. Thank you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).