...life can be translucent

Menu

How to cast coins - online vs manual

MahaMasha

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

This question is actually more than what is in the title.
On one hand, I always feel a bit uncomfortable when casting the "online" coins, like is this random enough, is the energy really "felt" in this way.. On the other hand, an online tool is a part of totality, so why not.

On the other hand, what interest me more, is the state of the mind I'm supposed to be in, when casting a coin, whether online or not. Should i think and keep the question in my mind while doing it, or only in the beginning and then empty my mind. Maybe you already dicussed this topic, I don't know.

I'm posting this question now, because recently I asked I Ching for the reading via an online tool, by only briefly thinking about the question, and then almost impatiently clicking to get the lines, without much thinking, stopping a bit in the middle. I got such a stunning answer, that just couldn't be more accurate. And this is definitely not always the case.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Should i think and keep the question in my mind while doing it, or only in the beginning and then empty my mind.

Here are a couple things to try:
1- Write your question down, then walk away for 1 hour before asking. When you go back to the question, ask yourself if it is what you really want or need to know. Edit or discard the question as appropriate.

2-Concentrate on the subject matter during the entire casting.
If your mind wanders during, and you start thinking about something else, you can get a mixed up message. (which of the two subjects would it then apply to?)

N

Nevermind

"On the other hand, what interest me more, is the state of the mind I'm supposed to be in, when casting a coin, whether online or not. Should i think and keep the question in my mind while doing it, or only in the beginning and then empty my mind. Maybe you already dicussed this topic, I don't know."

Both should work. In the Five Arts, there are systems that doesn't construct hexagrams or anything based on the question or random factor at all.
For example QMDJ(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_Men_Dun_Jia), that is one of the supreme 3 in the Chinese metaphysics and it works with the hour when the question came up in your head.You don't construct anything, you just look at the current map based on the hour and find the answer in there. And QMDJ can work very well, from what I have seen(examples in the net as well, although it isn't very popular in the western world).

So it really doesn't matter, do what you think is best and comes easier. But the answer isn't as related to what you do/think/observe as it may seem.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).