...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 29.6 and The Underground Railroad

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
The Underground Railroad was a name given to the efforts of Harriot Tubman to lead 1,000 slaves to freedom during the American Civil War. She smuggled slaves from the South to freedom in the North. Her route became known as The Underground Railroad made up of a series of safe houses. She commented after the war, "I could have saved ten times that many if only I could have convinced them they were slaves." This comment made me think of hex 29.6. as representing those held captive because they would not/could not see that they were slaves and simply would not be rescued (29.6). Thus if the superior man of 29. "carries on the business of teaching", perhaps 29.6 means there are none so blind as those who will not see (learn).

Interesting 29 is about water - to lead the slaves to freedom she often had them hide in swamps.

Last edited:

AYaren

visitor
Reaction score
wow.. I just was checking an old reading of mine and came upon this thread.
I had asked 'what does liberation mean?' and the cast was hex 29 line 6
any insight about the resulting hex, hex 59?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
59. Dispersion is the very essence of freedom but also a sense of releasing, scattering.

Visualize blowing on a dandelion. Or releasing a loved one's ashes into the wind.

It may be useful to think of 59. Dispersion's position in sequence. I see the hexagrams thus...
56. The Wanderer
57. Blows about
58. Exchanging Points of View, seeing things from another person's point of view.
59. Ultimately realizing all points of view make sense to the person who sees things that way, and each person's point of view matters to God.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).