...life can be translucent

Menu

55.1 about relationship duration

N

nAstWr

I was searching on the forum about line 1 of hexagram 55. I am a bit confused.

If you are asking about a relationship prospect - does line 1 always show a short-term relationship?
Do you have any different experience?

N

nAstWr

In case you have asked about a past relationship (if there is possibility of reconciliation) does it show that the relationship has run its course and it's over?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you need to take it too literally as I know one member cast it about her husband who she had been married to for years and is still married as far as I know.

In my own readings I've not seen it show up for short term relationships either. I think it's meant to mean you have a connection that has a life cycle and then is done with....but I've yet to see that play out in that way

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In case you have asked about a past relationship (if there is possibility of reconciliation) does it show that the relationship has run its course and it's over?

That would be my guess. Or, maybe you'll get back together again for a short while, for some purpose, and then go your separate ways again.

If there's an actual reading you'd like help with (vs. this inquiry about 55.1 generally), of course you could start a thread in Shared Readings, and maybe link it to this thread.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, crossed posts, Trojina has a different point of view. What I said wasn't based on readings, just on what I think the text is saying - I'd go more with Trojina's actual experience, if it was me.

Bradford Hatcher seems to stress the importance of the relationship in addition to a span of time, if I understand correctly. Hexagram 55 describes a time where there are many urgent things to do, says Bradford, but even then it's okay to pause for someone / something else if it's important enough.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
it's okay to pause for someone / something else if it's important enough.

To that point - :blush: - I just found a 55.1 > 62 reading where my so-called "question" was, "I have no appetite for spending hours on end trying to figure out what you [Yi] mean!"

Of course that's just one reading, but I think it could be interpreted as, "This is worth spending time on," or as Yi asking me to think about whether it's important enough to spend time on.

Either way, it might have helped me at the time if I'd read Bradford's commentary, which makes that angle explicit.

Naturally I don't know what angle on it applies best to your question, nAstWr.

N

nAstWr

Trojina in relation to what you wrote:

"I don't think you need to take it too literally as I know one member cast it about her husband who she had been married to for years and is still married as far as I know."

- I was thinking about her. Perhaps the line 55.1 showed an affair of her husband with a short life span. I think it was a warning from Yi. I'm glad she is still married and I wish she is happy.

Liselle i think you are right..

"That would be my guess. Or, maybe you'll get back together again for a short while, for some purpose, and then go your separate ways again. "

- This is what I am thinking too.

" just found a 55.1 > 62 reading where my so-called "question" was, "I have no appetite for spending hours on end trying to figure out what you [Yi] mean!"

Of course that's just one reading, but I think it could be interpreted as, "This is worth spending time on," or as Yi asking me to think about whether it's important enough to spend time on. "

- What an amazing example! I have the same conversation with yi by the way! It's difficult for me to figure out what yi means! I think your interpretation is correct!

About my question.. I asked yi to show me if I will be together with my ex and this is the answer I received. So in that case.. either we will have a short time relationship again.. (our relationship was indeed short) or.. yi showed me that the relationship has already run its course and it's over.
I want just to figure out in case we are back together if it will be for a short time. I don't want to have one more of this.

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi nAstWr,

somehow I am not convinced that this line is about a relationship quite as literally as it sounds. it seems to me to speak more about the need to achieve clarity about your situation (about the previous relationship, likely). Wilhelm says "To bring about a time of abundance, a union of clarity with energetic movement is needed."
That seems more like, if you want to achieve your goal of a fruitful abundant relationship, you need alarity about yourself, your dreams your wishes, and your soul. If you find that then a wonderful relationship can be acieved "Two individuals possessed of these two attributes are suited to each other, and even if they spend an entire cycle of time together during the period of abundance, it will not be too long, nor is it a mistake. "
Guessing from what you wrote in other threads about the previous relationship, it seems that this is very clearly not the one meant here - instead, Yi talks about a relationship with flowing love, trust and most of all, connection to each other.
So I think Yi is telling you find clarity and abundance in yourself, and then the "destined ruler" will come into play.

And also, that is a more general impression of mine, line 1 to me says that there is only ever the present moment and the present moment is eternal.

best wishes

maui

N

nAstWr

Maui, very interesting point of view... This is what my friends advice me. Thank you for taking the time to write me such a nice post.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).