...life can be translucent

Menu

Shoulder Pain Relief: 28.1>43

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted. I'm still divining though.

I've had pain in my left shoulder for some years. It's related to some emotional things, my ex who's a woman. I've had bodywork quite a bit. This pain comes and goes. In my last session with a rolfer, I discovered that there's nothing "wrong" with me; that I don't need "fixin'," even though the pain is real and seems to come from either inflammation in the bursa and/or probably the supraspinatus muscle. The meridians that run up my neck also seem affected. I suppose I hold tension there. Maybe a "resistance" of sorts. Lots of inner work has led me to the idea that some things can't be reconciled, even within us. Maybe like not being able to reconcile what we know with what we feel.

Anyway, I'm curious about 28.1. I've thought on it for a week. Obviously, 28 is about stress and overload. But what are the "white reed mats?" Seems like reinforcement, from what I've gathered at the forum.

I guess this could be read as my need to support this shoulder, or even the root cause of it. The relating 43 makes me think that Yi is saying to bend my knees in prayer on the white mat, speak my truth to the Lord, maybe give it up to higher powers, as a way of asking for reinforcement or reinforcing...something.

Anyone else get a hit in this?

Thank y'all.

MM

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Another thought: could the white mat mean laying down for bodywork again??

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
In your context, 28.1 immediately makes me think the answer to healing here is more material than emotional or spiritual. The white rush mats sound like a sling or a brace; Yi is saying you must take extreme, gentle care, and using a quite literal metaphor. If you haven't seen any practitioners besides the rolfer, this reading suggests you should, especially someone who could provide more material support like a properly fitted sling. Alternately Yi could be saying you must take extreme care by not lifting, no exertion, lots of careful movement. But I strongly think a temporary sling fitted by a doctor who handles shoulder issues is suggested here!

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That makes sense, being that the line is about material reinforcement. Maybe the 43 is me making the announcement at the doctor.

Thank you, mulberry.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
28.1 means to be extraordinarily careful
(with your shoulder).
Avoid lifting and strain.

The mat is an analogy.
but I do wonder if there is something like a compression sleeve for the joint?

thisismybody

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Moss Elk,

Umm, I probably should have thought of that. I will look google it. Thank you.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
thisismybody, When I consider your thought and question "could the white mat mean laying down for body work again" and also the comments about being extraordinarily careful I am wondering if a gentle form of body work may be a good follow up to the rolfing you have already done. Many people are unfamiliar with cranial osteopathy which can be a gentle way of treating the entire body. You can find an osteopath who does the work in your geographic location on the Cranial Academy website. Craniosacral therapy is a similar form of work done by massage therapist, etc. (i.e. nonphysicians) and it may be easier to find someone who does this work near you.

The other thought that "laying out the mat" brings to mind is yoga.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).