...life can be translucent

Menu

How do you document your readings?

lilo

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Yi fans,
How do you document your readings so it's easy to access later anytime?
I tried keeping a notepad file but it gets all mixed up since there is no difference in fonts visually (hierarchy - heading, subhead, notes etc.)
I tried keeping a diary and now when I look back , though I didn't continue for long, I think it's a better idea.
Please share what tools you use (software, online, offiline ) and the way you take notes (write down line text? Hexagram name ?) I know it sounds stupid, but I don't know all the hexagrams by numbers-names yet.
Thank you !

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Software journal designed by Hilary, the owner of this site and Justin Farrell. It's called the Resonance Journal...here it is you get a 30 day free trial and it's not expensive to buy after that. Justin also provides tech support for the product https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/journal-software/

See tab in title bar 'Journal Software'

This is specially designed for readings so you can easily find them and also, if you want, cross reference them with dreams and synchronicities. I just use it for readings.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I received a journal as a gift for my birthday and decided to use it for recording my castings. What I did was use post it flags for each number and left a few pages for each number. (now, I will go back to my stack of "little papers" and transcribe them into the book!!!)
I record the hexagram by the lines and the cast number. then I write the title of the hexagram and any keywords that strike me for the reading. On specific lines, I will also write down the keywords or phrases associated. Finally I will make personal notes (very brief) to relevant events, feelings, and situations. I also write the date of cast for later reference as well.

Im thinking of doing the online journal, but there is something about writing things down on paper with pencil that helps me to remember.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I always write them in my journal first, when I cast them, but for ease of finding them, I transfer them to software journal. When you have year's worth, software is much better, so much more space to write, and much easier to see connections between readings. I once tried a similar thing to Lorna but it just didn't work very well.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I probably tend to agree. I just haven't made the transition into the software, yet!!!

lilo

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Lorna and Trojina. I feel completely connected when I'm writing things down, but then going back to certain hexagram/reading is so much work, I would never do it.
I will give it a try one more time before switching to the online journal.

I saw a 'resonance journal' that shown on this site at the top when check a reading. How does that work? Couldn't figure it out.
Thanks again!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Download it free for a month's trial. You can't try it until you download it.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have had the Resonance Journal for a long time and find it very very useful. The software is easy to use and it includes Hilary's translation of Yi. One can add other translations if desired though I have not tried doing that.

lilo

visitor
Reaction score
I asked Yi about buying/using Resonance journal.
And guess what?
Hex. 50 UC !!!
How amazingly awesome :) :D

Thank you all :) <3

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)