...life can be translucent

Menu

How to 'gain a home'?

Mira72

visitor
Reaction score
As a follow up to a cast that said 'gaining servants, not a home'...I had asked the yi, this question.

The answer was 52.3.6 - 2

Line 3 obviously is very troubling.

I suppose it might be referring to the point of beyond exhaustion that I feel, in this limbo state of being.

If I can somehow not let my 'heart' wither away in the futile miasma of stuckness, and the utter inertia of not knowing where to go, what to do...breathe through it somehow, and feel the potent mix of feeling that is awaiting to be felt, then I can abide in the midst in all, be present to the stuckness without stifling the movement of feelings within, the not wanting to be 'here'...then a greater stillness, a bigger hearted beingness might 'land' me into the space of pure receptivity to ALL That IS?

Now could someone wash off the 'bigness' of my interpretation...and present a more 'down to earth' and practical viewpoint to help ground the stilling into being?

Thanks.

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mira,

I can see why line 3 of Hex 52 would be troubling to you...however I see it in a more positive way. I think that 52.3 just describes your current state - you would like to feel an inner home, but do not so at the moment. You do not feel tranquility that you would like t. Wilhelm say of this line:

" Therefore, in exercises in meditation and concentration, one ought not to
try to force results. Rather, calmness must develop naturally out of a state of
inner composure. If one tries to induce calmness by means of artificial
rigidity, meditation will lead to very unwholesome results."

So, to me this says that you should accept your current state, without trying to force it to change RIGHT NOW. Because it will change - line 6 tells you that. So, don't put yourself under any pressure to achieve a result now - this will suffocate your heart. Rather, relax into the current situation and have trust that it will change in the right time.
The changing Hex 2 underlines that with its focus on being receptive to anything that is now and that will come.

Hope this helps!

maui

Mira72

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mira,

I can see why line 3 of Hex 52 would be troubling to you...however I see it in a more positive way. I think that 52.3 just describes your current state - you would like to feel an inner home, but do not so at the moment. You do not feel tranquility that you would like t. Wilhelm say of this line:

" Therefore, in exercises in meditation and concentration, one ought not to
try to force results. Rather, calmness must develop naturally out of a state of
inner composure. If one tries to induce calmness by means of artificial
rigidity, meditation will lead to very unwholesome results."

So, to me this says that you should accept your current state, without trying to force it to change RIGHT NOW. Because it will change - line 6 tells you that. So, don't put yourself under any pressure to achieve a result now - this will suffocate your heart. Rather, relax into the current situation and have trust that it will change in the right time.
The changing Hex 2 underlines that with its focus on being receptive to anything that is now and that will come.

Hope this helps!

maui

Indeed! Thank you so very much, maui.

I am finding it so very hard to trust the way of 'action', but finding it almost unbearable to be in the present moment...but as such any action out of such a sense of desperation can not be helpful. So your reading it helpful...in that regard.

However I have also been getting a lot of 'leave and go as far away as possible' in the various ways of that casting...may be in all of them. Sigh. So it has been a very tough place...but it is possible that only that 'inner home' feeling can truly get me to the outer home place.

And only when I am able to find and trust that feeling I might be truly receptive to the outer home even.

Thank you again for your helpful response.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).