...life can be translucent

Menu

Will the Bar get opened? 36.6 > 22

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A friend and I are developing a concept to open a bar that serves food (small plates) called S.H. He is a "mixologist" - best bartender in town, I contend! And we both can cook pretty well. We worked together briefly at a new place and both quit the same day. Now, we've been developing our plan to open our own place. So I asked...

Will SH open? I received 36.6 > 22 I think that Hex 22 is really encouraging. And 36.6 is also a good sign - basically that there is nowhere to go but up...to be bright once again. I think this answer says that SH will open.
Thoughts? Am I off base totally?

thanks in advance,
Lorna

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Hey there... I have a few instinctive theories on the Yi's answer.

Bars run at night.... 36 is coincidently "hiding the light" line 6 to do with ultimate darkness. Matched with 22 I feel this could be advising you to make sure that your bar has sensual / low-key - atmospheric lighting to bring out the aesthetics (22). In a word - be really stylish and minimalistic.

My second take on this reading is: This will open in an area that is a bit hidden away due to high costs of renting in a more commercial area. Problem is that you'll have a real gem (22) that's hidden in an obscure part of town and your business may rely a lot on word of mouth.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
MoonCatcher,
that is PERFECT!!! and that is the exact concept we are going for - the word my partner uses all the time is sexy. AND - the location we have chosen IS IN FACT off the beaten path and kinda tucked away. that's how we want it. WORD OF MOUTH is exactly what we envision.

thank you!!!

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
It can open, but then it will crash in failure. That is what the line says.

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
No problem Lorna... I've noticed that hexagrams haven't been as dramatic as they seem in my experience.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I appreciate creativity as much as the next person but, if you are looking to Yi for help, you might want to pay attention to what it says and means instead of making things up.
(which you both did)

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Well Moss Elk - the whole point in this forum is to allow the opportunity for interpretations other than what can be googled... is it not?

Furthermore one should equally look at the question asked which was whether this bar would open; not if it would be successful longterm. That's another matter. That line could just mean that the opening isn't an instant hit...

At the end of the day; human beings came up with original interpretations in the first place; so why can't we modernise them and give a different angle?

There's so much more to the i ching and how it answers us than we can possibly conceive; which is why I believe intuition is key and why this forum is so great.

For example; I got pretty bleak hexagrams for a project that I produced. (like 12, 6, 29, 36, 39 etc) Yet it's very successful. Those hexagrams turned out to be temporary headeaches / obstacles in the grand scheme of things.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
At the end of the day; human beings came up with original interpretations in the first place; so why can't we modernise them and give a different angle?

Hi mooncatcher,
Nothing at all wrong with using modern lingo to understand the meaning of a text, but that doesn't mean to disregard the words and message that are present and make up your own meaning.
It says something specific already, the message and meaning is right there in line 6. If we disregard the message and make one up, we are not using the Yi any more than we are using the wallpaper in the room to inspire us.

Here is Bradford's 36.6 :
Instead of light, darkness.
At first rising into the sky.
But at last going into the earth.

It is an ominous message.
(probably referring to the reign and downfall of king Zhou of Shang.)

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Well, Moss Elk - haha I feel a bit like a schoolgirl being slapped on the wrist.

I'm not giving a middle finger to Ancient Chinese wisdom; but will point out; the dramatic messages in traditional text have been inaccurate in 70% of my situations. I've found that the Yi, speaks to me in a very pragmatic way that has taken me 4 years to decode.

I did not "make up" my interpretation of line 6 from thin air. The 6th line does point quite literally to darkness consuming itself. Now my point is; this could be extremely literal… (like the lights going off in a train for several hours) or it could be a warning. I was pretty sure most people would give the warning; so I chose to go with the simplest literal interpretation.

King Zhou was the epitome of abandoned morals; and if one is to apply this to Lorna's situation; maybe her or her business partner is or will be consumed by greed or will need investment from bad people. Who knows.

"Though your opponent has gained immense power, his/ her true face is also now apparent to many. Carefully continuing your advance will be to your advantage." from Pathfinder

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
MoonCatcher and Moss Elk,
I want to thank you for the words here. I appreciate them all.
I wanted to share why I thought the reading was a positive one. I read from divination.com on 36.6 "The climax of the dark times has arrived, and the darkness has begun to consume even itself. When negative energy is finally spent, people of intelligence and good spirit naturally re-emerge, and gain positions of rightful prominence." I took that to mean that its going to be hard and the path dark to open but we would re-emerge into the light - therefore get open. This may even mean that jealous people might try to block our way but we will be victorious. Then that line changes into 22 - which said "...Yet grace brings artistic expression into the world, and enhances the quality of our lives. Grace brings success in small matters." and that's essentially the concept - craft cocktails and beers and beautiful small plates of food. It will be a small place (seating 30-40) but will be something of art and beauty. the whole thing will be an experience - not just somewhere to order a big plate of fried food and slog down $1 Miller Lites. The experience, we hope, will nourish the soul.

However, I did a reading asking "Will SH be successful?" Got 51.2 > 54

Now that got me worried. Electrical fire perhaps?

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
36.6 - I thought of this analogy. It's like being a person wanting to migrate to another country but going about it illegally. The heart is in the right place but the means will mean a dark path forward but one which ends in the brilliance of the light.
I picture people migrating thru underground tunnels or hidden paths where they must remain quiet as to not be noticed. But 36.6 promises that the light is coming and the good will re emerge once again.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
36.6 - I thought of this analogy. It's like being a person wanting to migrate to another country but going about it illegally. The heart is in the right place but the means will mean a dark path forward but one which ends in the brilliance of the light.
I picture people migrating thru underground tunnels or hidden paths where they must remain quiet as to not be noticed. But 36.6 promises that the light is coming and the good will re emerge once again.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
But 36.6 promises that the light is coming and the good will re emerge once again.
Not really, that is just someone's commentary. I'll recuse myself from this thread. Good luck.

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As an update - this casting was referring to the fact that I would need to become a silent partner in this venture due to a potential conflict of interest with my career. So, I essentially would need to hide myself from involvement from a public perspective.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
You would have to become a criminal to be involved wirh this business.
If you get caught, you career would crash, no?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As an update - this casting was referring to the fact that I would need to become a silent partner in this venture due to a potential conflict of interest with my career. So, I essentially would need to hide myself from involvement from a public perspective.

Synchronicity. I was writing about 36.6 here this morning https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...6-gt-22-Plunging-to-Earth&p=239520#post239520 then I just happened to see this from Luke 8.16 in the bible...about the lamp and hiding it which of course made me think of 36

'No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar (which is what we do do in 36) or puts it under a bed. Instead they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or bought out into the open.'

So in 36 we need to hide for self protection but by line 6 the dark and the light are both visible...it's no time to attempt to hide anything hence

...er I think this is a clear indication you cannot successfully hide yourself here, it will be revealed at some point.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Just my two cents I see 36.6 as something that happens fast, whatever it is , you wont be on high for very long something will bring you down to earth.

Steve

Lana73123

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Steve and Trojina,
Yes. Thanks for the responses. what you both say is how I interpret it. It just took some time to pass to see exactly what the hexagram meant for my situation. and it was, of course and no surprise, SPOT ON!!! I actually called my partner and told him that he was on his own. I would still assist him where I could and when opened he could give me a job there...which would not be a conflict of interest.

Again, thank for the replies. I appreciate it very much.

PS - last night I found this thread and was fascinated completely by every word. This hexagram and line has really "shown" for me. https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?3072-22-6-(36)-and-its-Fan-Yao-36-6-(22)

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I remember drinking with some friends about an idea it seemed great at the time but in the light of day seemed ridiculous, 36.6 could relate to a hangover of sorts. It could in some cases be auspicious as you seem to get the message fast. In other cases it could be quite bad for example a fall from grace.

Steve

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).