...life can be translucent

Menu

Brexit

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
So Article 50 has been triggered. I saw a tweet from the Belgium guy posted at 12:28 30/3/17 having just accepted the letter from May.

Later that evening I asked the Iching "what is your opinion on Brexit?"

47 > 6 changing line 6

Very fitting for the end of the waiting period to just get on with it! And possibly hopeful for a successful outcome for all parties? I'd almost say the Iching is a Brexiter!

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
oops, it was Donald Tusk who accepted the letter and he's actually Polish. He is, however, currently President of the EU.

Mira72

visitor
Reaction score
How perfect!

The image of Brexit: Conflict/Enclosed by walls.

The intertwined image of Conflict and Isolation...The confounded image of cause & effect.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is a bit puzzling given this 24.1.6 > 23 reading from just a few days ago. 24.6 sounds a lot more dire than 47.6. I wonder what we're misunderstanding?

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
Well, it is the Book of Changes! What a difference a day makes... as the song lyric goes.

And we are looking at 2 different questions - you asked about the prospects for the UK - I asked for Yi's opinion on Brexit.

My question was prompted by the actually triggering of Article 50. The release of 47 line 6 is perfect for that moment in time. I think Yi is refelcting to that exact moment.

For your reading - when lines 1 and 6 are the changing lines, I tend to read the overall situation as "over before it's begun". Flash in the pan or ultimately irrelevant.

Given that Yi is over 2000 years old, has seen empires built and empires fall, perhaps political machinations are - not exactly not important - but not spiritually relevant perhaps? Apart from lesson of non-attachment that can be learnt. And that is my feeling about both readings.

Interesting that Tusk is reported as saying "we miss the UK already". The regret of 47 line 6. Not to mention the delay in triggering the leave...
UK press are reporting that MEPs are berating Tusk for being soft on the UK and that May is using "shared intelligence" (terrorism, extremism etc) as leverage. Blimey, puts the timing of the Westminster attack in an interesting light, unless she is just very quick to have incorporated the strategy of the letter...

23 Splitting apart is about getting down to the nitty gritty, stripping away the what is not essential, required, needed. Obvious connection to leaving a situation. And the details of negotiation.
Line 6 says bad timing. But the time will come round again, you just have to recognise it and be patient in the meantime.

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
Well, it is the Book of Changes! What a difference a day makes... as the song lyric goes.

And we are looking at 2 different questions - you asked about the prospects for the UK - I asked for Yi's opinion on Brexit.

My question was prompted by the actually triggering of Article 50. The release of 47 line 6 is perfect for that moment in time. I think Yi is reflecting to that exact moment.

For your reading - when lines 1 and 6 are the changing lines, I tend to read the overall situation as "over before it's begun". Flash in the pan or ultimately irrelevant.

Given that Yi is over 2000 years old, has seen empires built and empires fall, perhaps political machinations are - not exactly not important - but not spiritually relevant perhaps? Apart from lesson of non-attachment that can be learnt by the individual. And that is my feeling about both readings.

Interesting that Tusk is reported as saying "we miss the UK already". The regret of 47 line 6. Not to mention the delay in triggering the legal process.
UK press are reporting that MEPs are berating Tusk for being soft on the UK and that May is using "shared intelligence" (terrorism, extremism etc) as leverage. Blimey, puts the timing of the Westminster attack in an interesting light, unless she is just very quick to have incorporated it into the strategy of the letter...

23 Splitting apart is about getting down to the nitty gritty, stripping away the what is not essential, required, needed. Obvious connection to leaving a situation. And the details of negotiation.
Line 6 says bad timing. But the time will come round again, you just have to recognise it and be patient in the meantime.

D

diamanda

Someone wants to break free - wants to move on - but can't (6).
This is my precise experience of this particular combination.
So to me it sounds like it will take ages to happen - if it ever does.

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
Possibly. You've got me thinking - May was pro-Europe before she was PM.

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
I do think Yi is clear that in line 6 you can move on - and it's only your own imaginary fears holding you back.

D

diamanda

Ok but May is not in it all by herself - it's not really all up to her.
And in this case the issue is far from depending on imaginary fears.

The resulting hexagram is 6 - stress, a conflict between two parties.
Don't know what happens when line 47.6 is a part of a larger mix - by itself, imo, it doesn't bode well.

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
May is certainly acting like it's her show!

You're saying you think it will take a very long time and might not happen at all. Think about it -
1. we know the timescale is 2 years
2. do politicians tell the truth?
3. Does the public EVER really know what's going on behind the political scenes? Is there such a thing as an independent financial market? - or are they all connected?

Yes, it could be imaginary fears - from both sides - Yi says it's auspicious to act in 47 line 6. Nothing is holding you back even if you think it is...

I think both readings actually show the irrelevance of politics.

I see 6 - Conflict - as the negotiations. Or the desire to to leave. Or the referendum. We always stayed a bit aside - we are not the same land mass - we didn't join the Euro. That the UK. Conflict. Even among the voters - almost exactly 50/ 50. Now that's a conflicted population!

47 - Exhausted all options and challenges not to trigger article 50 -

Line 6 release the fear. Or - feel the fear and do it anyway. Think I'll add that to the proverbs thread!

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just for the record, the other thread (the 24.1.6 > 23 one), wasn't my reading; it was Gael123's reading.

D

diamanda

Hi susannah,

Yes the timescale is 2 years, as it currently stands at least.
You never know with politics/politicians, and of course I don't think they're truthful! :)

The yi does say that line 47.6 is auspicious. But, the result is 6.
In my experience, the resulting hexagram does matter, and it does show a resulting situation.

"one feels remorse over this and makes a start"
This must refer to article 50. However, Europe (i.e. Germany) has already expressed opposition to the plans of May. Since your question was about the whole Brexit issue, I assume this 6-type of situation will continue and Europe/Germany will oppose May every step of the way.

susannah

visitor
Reaction score
I read the 2nd "resultant" hexagram as "setting the scene" not the result. This has proved accurate for me.

"one feels remorse over this and makes a start"
Tusk said "we miss the UK already". My question on Yi's opinion of Brexit was prompted by Tusk's tweet that he had accepted the letter from May triggering the start of the process of "divorce". I do feel the answer is very much tied into the moment and the inspiration for the question. Perhaps we are looking at the EU's perspective rather that UK? Although my intention in asking for an impartial overview.

D

diamanda

Well if you read the resulting as setting the scene, then Brexit will happen and the UK will benefit.
Of course Tusk "misses the UK already", and Merkel "is not worried that other countries will follow".
I believe that the EU will make an example out of the UK, so as to avert other countries exiting.
Imo 47.6 clearly refers to the UK, and 6 refers to both parties (UK and EU).
We shall see, 2 years, not long to go :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).