...life can be translucent

Menu

Will Le Pen Win? 52.3.4.5.6 > 45

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Someone asked me about this, so I did an I Ching on Hillary's site. The French election is outside my sphere of any kind of expertise or even interest, but I do find this reading fascinating. What do you think of it?

Your reading resulted in the following hexagrams:

changing to
52 45
Hexagram 52, Stilling

Key Questions

What if there were nothing you had to do now?
What if there were nowhere else you had to be?
Where is your inner point of balance?

Oracle

'Stilling your back,
Not grasping your self.
Moving in your rooms,
Not seeing your people.
Not a mistake.'

To still yourself is to come to rest in your own right place. It's not the opposite of motion, but of being pushed into motion by outside influences. Whether you move or stop is determined inwardly, by your sense of the nature of the time.

Attaining this kind of stillness means firmly, even stubbornly, resisting the forces that would disrupt your equilibrium. Hold yourself still, as if in meditation. Don't seek to 'grasp your self ' by hunting down your every thought; you can no more make them stop by force of will than you can make your back still by holding it with your hands. Instead of twisting and spinning in circles trying to grasp your self, keep still.

In the same way, you can move freely in your rooms (or the chambers of your mind, which can be just as crowded) and simply not see the other people there, because you hold yourself still and do not resonate with them. Even if you feel as if you 'ought' to be constantly sensitive to their presence and needs, in a time of Stilling it is no mistake to exclude all these things, and be quiet within yourself.

'Joined mountains: Stilling.
A noble one reflects, and does not come forth from his situation.'

Sequence

Stilling follows from Hexagram 51, Shock:
'Things cannot end with stirring up; stop them. And so Stilling follows, which means stopping.'

Changing Lines

Line 3
'Stilling your waist,
Dividing your back,
Danger smothers the heart.'

Line 4
'Stilling your self,
No mistake.'

Line 5
'Stilling your jaws,
Words have order,
Regrets vanish.'

Line 6
'Great-hearted stilling.
Good fortune.'

Hexagram 45, Gathering

Key Questions

What is asked of you?
What are you investing in?

Oracle

'Gathering, creating success.
The king enters his temple.
Fruitful to see great people, creating success.
Constancy bears fruit.
Using great sacrificial animals: good fortune.
Fruitful to have a direction to go.'

The old character for 'Gathering' shows people gathered like grass, or perhaps gathered to bring in the harvest: they have a shared identity, and invest together for a purpose, looking for what will bear fruit. Sometimes this is an external gathering, sometimes an internal one – collecting yourself and integrating your many roles and strengths, getting yourself together. Many people, roles, energies and issues are concentrated in this single focal point.

The king enters his temple to connect his people with the ancestral spirits. This is a time to strengthen shared roots, and understand mundane daily activities as part of a larger story and identity that gives them meaning.

With this connection made, it is time to see great people. Originally this might have meant consulting with diviners, to ensure your offerings were made in harmony with the time and the spirits. Seeing great people (whether in the flesh or with your inner vision) gives you longer- term guidance to align your efforts with your purpose. Then a steady persistence will bear fruit. And you are making great efforts – and an act of faith – investing the best you have in this gathering. You need those good, deep roots, and clear-sighted guidance, and you need to know where you are going with it all.

'Lake higher than the earth: Gathering.
A noble one sets aside weapons and tools, and warns against the unexpected.'

Sequence

Gathering follows from Hexagram 44, Coupling:
'They meet one another, then they assemble, and so Gathering follows. Gathering means assembling.'

Pair

Gathering forms a pair with Hexagram 46, Pushing Upward:
'Gathering means assembling, Pushing Upward means not coming back.'

D

diamanda

Thanks for the interesting topic poised!
I'm assuming that by 'win' you mean the 2nd and final round, and become president, right?
I'm adding my own casts for the other two contestants, Fillon and Macron - for balance.

Will Le Pen Win? 52.3.4.5.6 > 45

Split in the middle - the centrist parties are not doing well.
Then we have a calmness of heart, calmness of speech, and let it to god attitude.
The result is that a huge crowd will support her, so I believe that yes, she'll win this time.

Will Fillon win? 7.1.3.4 > 34
Bad preparation, loses the war, the army retreats. A clear no.
However I'm not sure how 34 ties in here. Maybe they'll choose another leader, big and strong?
In which case then this leader would win, maybe.

Will Macron win? 49.1.4 > 39
Initially he continues as he is, wrapped up (?). Shortly he will change the government/mandate.
And that will actually be a bad move which will block the way ahead for him. So, I think not him either,

Last edited:

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, diamonda. I read it that way too. Today's headlines suggest that she will go all the way, but people actually lied to pollsters in the US, why not in France? We shall see.

D

diamanda

So now we've got another guy in the picture, so I did a cast for him too.

Will Mélenchon win? 30 unchanging
Bright-bright. The "great man" "illumines the four quarters of the world".
My bets are on this guy. Le Pen will also do well, but I believe 30 beats Le Pen's cast.

D

diamanda

Oh wow, I was gloriously wrong about 30 meaning victory, I'll keep that in mind.
Mélenchon is out, probably just looking after his survival and gone to the barn to look after his cow :D
The two finalists are Le Pen and Macron, so the suspense continues.

Anne777

visitor
Reaction score
Not bad for my first attempt in interpreting someone else's reading. Le Pen lost despite significant support and Macron won after some problems with hacking!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).