...life can be translucent

Menu

Met ex after 5 years! - Hexagram 51

yibee

visitor
Reaction score
An ex flame with whom I had a passionate but brief affair 5 years ago met me last week. Truly a Venus retrograde moment! We had been in very minimal contact these past 5 years. An occasional new years or birthday greeting.

The meeting was all business. He arrived with his 'girlfriend' while I had my team. I am also involved with another man. The meeting went well. But the sparks were still flying! I suppose that sort of thing was to be expected between exes and so I was mentally prepared. The ex agreed to work for us independently.

However, its been a week since the meeting and there has been no further communication.

I consulted Iching what's going on with ex, what's holding him back ? and received hexagram 51
Tarot gave me the Tower card.

So is this just textbook shock of seeing me after 5 years?

I admit I've been overthinking about him since last week reliving old stuff purging the unresolved issues etc.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

Hi yibee,

"Sparks flying" is a great phrase, 51 is double thunder after all. Electricity.
51 very often shows being love-struck.

So, firstly, what is holding him back is that he's been feeling shocked by how alive the connection still feels.
Secondly, "he does not let fall the sacrificial spoon and chalice". He's controlling his reaction.
And thirdly, "in fear and trembling The superior man sets his life in order And examines himself".

I wouldn't worry if I were you, it sounds good to me that he's being responsible with his 'sparks' :D

yibee

visitor
Reaction score
I have an update. I never heard from my ex after that meeting and my texts and voicemail was unanswered so I backed off. My team also thought how weird it was that he should call us, tell us how keen he was and then vamoose.

A month after the meeting, the ex sent a message in reply to my old text that my team needs to contact him. I told him he came across as highly unprofessional, arrogant and disrespectful by not responding in work context and just waltzing back without any explanations after a month and advised him that he should've kept his ego and conflicts about me aside and seen the situation for what it was a mutually beneficial business arrangement or quid pro quo as he'd called it and said we aren't going to chase him and that it was his call to reach out, be professional and win our confidence if he wanted to collaborate.

When I told him off, I was secretly relieved he erred as a part of me doesn't really want him on board! But that position for which he was chosen for is still vacant and he's quite talented so I am kind of in a conflict myself. But my conflict arose because of his disrespect, this whole intrigue and not having the courtesy or professionalism in getting back to us, responding to us. Otherwise, when I met him it was in good faith and was all up for business collaboration.

I consulted Iching to give me insight into this situation and got hexagram 47.5.6>64

I understand the dread in line 6. But can someone break this down to me?

D

diamanda

I wonder now if 51 unchanging showed that the guy wasn't replying to you on purpose, to shock you.

insight into this situation 47.5.6 > 64
One of you was extremely frustrated in your relationship, and felt that there was nasty hit after nasty hit. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong and it felt dreadful. This person finally mustered the courage to break free from that awful situation - but somehow never managed to fully disentangle. 64 here might be showing the continued effort of this frustrated person to internally disentangle even at this stage.

Position still vacant? What sector? I'm looking for a job at the moment :D

yibee

visitor
Reaction score
hmm... yeah it was a soul hurt and I did take a good few years to get over him until I met someone. The fact that he used to throw in crumbs of attention every now and then used to raise my hopes up until I recognised the futility of it all and moved on a coupla years back. I am wondering though if this reading refers to the past or the current events because the NOW began on a clean slate and we were quite cordial leading to the meeting until the same blow hot blow cold treatment began! Oh its a media startup business that does events too. Very exciting. x

D

diamanda

The hidden line of 47.5.6 > 64 is 40.6. You were just about to hit the 'vulture' but missed (64). So you didn't really hit/disentangle from the real issue. To me as an outsider, and given the extra info you wrote, it sounds like this guy is the hidden 'vulture'. He obviously uses common sick techniques to shock and ruin potential partners. Throwing crumbs of attention in between is yet another well-known strategy of such disturbed people. Sorry that I didn't see through the 51 immediately.

You began on a clean slate, you had genuinely got over him, but he obviously remains the same. So once he comes back and throws the same game at you, you're sort of entangled once again. You spend energy on trying to explain the bleeding obvious to him (that he was unprofessional and rude), thus showing him that you still have some esteem for him and he still has the power to upset you. I would personally never employ such a person. I truly don't believe he'll behave any different in the future.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).