...life can be translucent

Menu

What is the difference between Hex 3 and Hex 9?

minto

visitor
Reaction score
Which would be the difference between them? I cannot tell the difference. Thanks!

minto

visitor
Reaction score
I was trying to edit the post but the edit button doesn't work. I would like to remake the question: to my understanding hex 3, 5 and 9 involve waiting. What is the difference between them?

D

diamanda

The common element in 3, 5, and 9 is not waiting, but "not taking direct forward action".

3 = too much confusion, back off and ask for advice. Don't make any direct move towards your goal.
With patience and by listening to good advice, there's a chance that you'll succeed later.

5 = the time is not right for any move towards your goal. For now just wait and try to be in a good mood.
If you do that, you'll most probably get what you want, later.

9 = the time is not right for any drastic move at all. Be polite and look after daily business for now.
If you do that, there's a small chance that you'll get what you want at some point.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
3 is at the beginning and needs to reach out to others for help.
5 waits and makes the best of the mean time. (eat drink and be merry)
9 works on (and appreciates) the small things that it has and can do.

So, the only common thing I see is that Large and Great things are not immediately accomplished. (Although getting assistance, having good cheer, and tending to/valuing small things are a certainly a kind of greatness)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I'm wondering what motivated your question. Perhaps you asked a similar question several times and these are the answers you received? Like if you wanted to know if your boyfriend really loves you and you asked the question 3 times and got these three answers you might wonder what the common idea is. If that 's the case then I think you are being told in a variety of ways that
3) The situation is a bit confusing now,
5) You should wait for things to calm down so
9) You can recognize your unique, individual path.

By the way, I see you are a junior member so you may not be aware of the "thanks" button at the bottom of each posting. If someone responds to your post it is appropriate to post a thank you acknowledging the other's contribution, even better to take a moment and compose a reply.

Last edited:

minto

visitor
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am aware of the thanks button. I use it regularly :)
Btw, I didn't reply before because I didn't receive notifications of the post and couldn't find it when searching at the forum the day after posting it and today I remembered about it! :rofl:

minto

visitor
Reaction score
Rosada: I have been using the Iching for several years now and I'm just recently learning to descifer it. Over the years I have noticed similarities between hex 3, 5 and 9 even though Bradford cannot see the similarities hehe, lucky him. I'm still not that proficiency. :blush::rofl:

Diamanda and Moss Els's explanations have somewhat clarified me the differences between them. I will let the answers sit(?) checking out old readings and post back in case I have some new doubts. Thank you! :bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).