...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 30 about Romance

VulpesVulpes

visitor
Reaction score
Here’s the situation. I have fallen in love with a friend. I have told him how I feel about him in a PM a few days ago but he has not said yes he is interested or no he is not, he is just still talking to me and acting as affectionate as he always does. He has told me that he is incredibly busy right this moment, but it will ease up in a few days. I told him that I am very busy as well (I am ) and that we can chat next week. We chat via PM every day and he always encourages me in what I do and has nice things to say. He told me he thinks I am amazing, kind, and generous in the past and he is always there for me. We both haven’t been involved with anyone for over 10 years and another important detail is that he has Asperger's Syndrome. I don’t see him face to face often due to circumstances (I don’t drive) but I will be getting my driving license and will be seeing him in June, July and August. In August we will be going on a week long trip away with friends. So, I asked the question: I need to know, I want to know, what will happen if I continue thinking that what ___ and I have will blossom into a romance? I drew unchanging Hexagram 30. Any thoughts?

kttuan

visitor
Reaction score
I think you have no hope with this person. hex 30 is seperation.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s the situation. I have fallen in love with a friend. I have told him how I feel about him in a PM a few days ago but he has not said yes he is interested or no he is not, he is just still talking to me and acting as affectionate as he always does. He has told me that he is incredibly busy right this moment, but it will ease up in a few days. I told him that I am very busy as well (I am ) and that we can chat next week. We chat via PM every day and he always encourages me in what I do and has nice things to say. He told me he thinks I am amazing, kind, and generous in the past and he is always there for me. We both haven’t been involved with anyone for over 10 years and another important detail is that he has Asperger's Syndrome. I don’t see him face to face often due to circumstances (I don’t drive) but I will be getting my driving license and will be seeing him in June, July and August. In August we will be going on a week long trip away with friends. So, I asked the question: I need to know, I want to know, what will happen if I continue thinking that what ___ and I have will blossom into a romance? I drew unchanging Hexagram 30. Any thoughts?

It sounds lovely. I think 30 here shows you have quite a good grasp of how things are between you. I see no basis at all for what kttuan said about 'no hope'. I mean if all 30uc ever meant was 'no hope' well they may as well call the hexagram 'No Hope' but it isn't called that, it has a whole text of all kinds of meanings and I will link to the unchanging thread on 30 so you can see how others have found it.

The first thing I see of hexagram 30 here is how mutually supportive you are together. There is warmth and kindness here by the sound of it. 30 does have to do with caring for that which we rely on, our sustenance and also brightness, clarity of perception. It is quite a complex hexagram for me..hence will link to the uc thread but I like this answer.

I can't say for sure you'd become a couple, but whether you do or or not there's something good here by the sound of it. Mutual support and dependence makes a very strong bond. Here we are https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...eriences-with-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-30

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I must admit I also do not see how Hex 30 arrives at "Separation". Isn't it called "The Clinging" or "Brightness"? If anything it seems to encourage feminine strength. In the context of your question it could mean a mutually complementing situation where both of you can compensate with their own strengths to the weaknesses of the other.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I must admit I also do not see how Hex 30 arrives at "Separation". Isn't it called "The Clinging" or "Brightness"? If anything it seems to encourage feminine strength. In the context of your question it could mean a mutually complementing situation where both of you can compensate with their own strengths to the weaknesses of the other.

Well there is the idea that in order to clarify we also have to separate things to see clearly...or to 'catch' the idea, there's the bird in the net imagery too. I think 30 is one of the more complex ones since it contains ideas that appear to contradict but don't if you think about it on another level. So when you separate one thing from another you can see it more clearly...but also you see it more clearly in contrast to the other and in that way there is mutual dependence, just like the ying/yang symbol...oh and the actual name of this site. I doubt Hilary called it after hexagram 30 for nothing. I don't think she'd call it after 'separation' which would be more 12ish if it meant two people moving away from one another. But I see where the idea of separation might arise in 30 but I don't see that this alone can just mean there is no hope in a relationship. Besides which I don't think it's possible to just look at someone's answer, with this amount of information and simply declare it's all over, no hope, since we don't know on what level the answer applies anyway.

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting!
This adds a new facet to my understanding of Hex 30, thank you so much.

For me, too,this is one of the more difficult ones to read.
I had always focussed on the interpreation by Wilhelm
"What is dark clings to what is light and so enhances the brightness of the
latter. A luminous thing giving out light must have within itself something
that perseveres; otherwise it will in time burn itself out. Everything that gives
light is dependent on something to which it clings, in order that it may
continue to shine."
This is where I read the complementary energies in a relationship.
But I have to admit I have no personal experience here, having never drawn this Hex in response to a n important, personal question.

Still, even with the background of clarity, this does not look like separation between two people for me - rather maybe a separation (or clearing up) of different emotions, expectations - so it might point to teh fact that a clarifiying conversation between two people is needed.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).