...life can be translucent

Menu

Help for interpretation

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I would be interested in having some insights about an hexagram.

I asked Yi Jing, in more precise terms, whether NOT accepting something would be best for me. I obtained the hexagram 64. I am not sure how to interpret it. I read the Wilhelm explanations, but this did not help me.

Could I have some help?

Thanks

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
I should specify that all lines were stable.

Also I asked, before this question, the opposite question: whether accepting something would be best for me. (The "something" in both questions is the same thing.) I obtained hexagram 22, with mutant lines 1, 5 and 6.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

Hi kellne and welcome,

whether accepting something would be best for me
22.1.5.6 > 39

The lines say take it easy with this offer, take some initial steps but don't go fast (22.1). The offer is 'small' but it looks good and is sincere (22.5). There's a blank somewhere further down the line (22.6) and a considerable obstacle ahead (39). So overall no, don't accept the offer just like that, investigate and determine the details first. Once you have them, be decisive, because if you take way too long to decide if you'll accept or not, then the offer might vanish into thin air.

whether NOT accepting something would be best for me
64 unchanging

'Not yet' - so don't make any final decisions right now. You don't have all the details yet.

Last edited:

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Diamanda,

Thanks for your answer, this was helpful.

I have gathered more information about this choice, and tried to look more within myself. I asked again Yi Jing:

"Is going to City A best for my personal development?"
I obtained: 36.3.4.5.6 > 25

"Is staying in my city best for my personal development?"
44.3 > 6

Would it be possible to have more help?

Moving or not concerns a job offer. I do have a job currently. I am not sure what is best, all elements taken into account ((a) reconstructing relations and stability elsewhere with no visibility on my personal future, but with more professional skills to reduce employment uncertainties in my professional future, or (b) staying where I am and trying to find someone to share my life with, but with uncertainties on the mid- or long-term future of my career).

I think what I am looking for is a path that will make me know who I am.

Thanks

Last edited:

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe these additional details would help the interpretation (?).

This is my second session with Yi Jing. The first was three years ago. At that time I was unemployed and homeless. I asked Yi Jing where I should live, and I obtained the hexagram 39. I do not recall whether it was with mutant lines. I interpreted this hexagram literally, so I went to a city south-west of where I made my request to Yi Jing (and slightly south but really west of my country). After a difficult time, I found an apartment, then a job, and then a better apartment (in the same city).

Now I can see that I have still a lot of work to do on the personal side to understand who I am (hence the phrasing of my questions to Yi Jing). This starts to be important to me, but I do not know what this work should be.

D

diamanda

Very interesting that you had 39 some years back as well, and yes it does say best to go south west, so I'm sure you did the right thing. I would personally go to City A without a doubt, if this was my cast.

Is staying in my city best for my personal development?
44.3 > 6

This is a negative reading, no two ways about it. You would really like to take some steps where you are, progress, but it's just impossible. The line describes someone who has been severely punished/beaten up and thus can't walk because of this. Not only is it impossible to walk, but also there's more conflict ahead. This could be external conflict (e.g. with people you know, or your current job) or internal conflict (e.g. stress, ambivalence). I've had this combination quite a few times, it always meant the situation is a no-go. I can't see any development in it.

Is going to City A best for my personal development?
36.3.4.5.6 > 25

Going from darkness (36) to a natural state of innocence (25), obviously that sounds good. As Wilhelm puts it about 25, "all beings receive from the creative activity of nature the childlike innocence of their original state". So concerning personal development, you can't go wrong if you aim to find again your natural state. The lines of 36 are very intriguing. They describe a situation where you find out what the real problem is, you know it can't be solved and want to leave but you can't, then you pretend everything's fine despite feeling trapped, and finally the situation runs its course and at long last the "darkness" (?) collapses. This has either happened recently, or it will happen very soon (if you take this option, that is). When there are four lines I also read the entering line of the resulting hex - in this case it would be 25.1. This adds the notion that your gut instinct is already pulling you towards city A.

To add my two-pence on personal development, it's really important to learn to recognise what core beliefs exist in you, and to know where they come from. Most of them are originally placed in us by our parents, peer groups, and society. Of course lots of them are good, and have a valuable function in helping human societies work as a whole. But there are lots of them which might be inhibiting us in one way or another. I believe it's important to learn how to spot core beliefs, so as to evaluate them, and even alter them if they're not to our advantage.

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Diamanda, for your interpretation and your advice on personal development.

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
Hello again,

I had a change of perception concerning the matter at stake. The things I was feeling with respect to going to City A went from sadness (felt in the belly) to the "need to grasp" (felt in the head) this opportunity. I think this is because I am taking too much time to make a decision and the possibility of moving starts fading away: I realized I wanted to experience what was discussed above.

So I asked Yi Jing:
"Yi Jing, how my recent change in perception modify your answer concerning my personal development if going to City A?"
27.1 > 23

It does not seem good as there is no more benefit. Is this how I should interpret it?

Thanks

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
I think I am making things too complicated. Please disregard my previous post. Thanks again for your help.

D

diamanda

Your new cast is a bit too strong to be disregarded. Line 27.1 is greedy. It already possesses 'food' and a spiritual tortoise. Yet, it discards them and instead it looks greedily at someone else's 'food' and 'tortoise'. And at such a situation (of not being able to recognise food and intuition), the omen is misfortune, and 23, it does not further one to go anywhere.

How about you ask two more tangible questions, e.g. "what will my life look like after another year where I am" and "what will my life look like after another year if I go to city A"?

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks diamanda, I thought it was inappropriate to ask too many time for help. I asked other questions as you suggested:

What will my life look like after another year where I am?
18.2 > 52

What will my life look like after a year in city A?
61.2.3 > 37

It seems there are good and bad in both situations and that both could be a path to follow with similar outcome (resolution of problem)?

D

diamanda

18.2 > 52

You will continue to deal (softly) with the toxicity and mistakes of a certain woman, maybe an important ex. Or this could symbolise your mother, and how she/her issues still majorly affect you to this very day. Resulting 52 shows that this scenario will persist and it also shows a certain loneliness.

61.2.3 > 37

61.2 shows inner affinity with someone, usually a line of being mutually in love. 61.3 similarly is a line which usually shows the push-pull 'games' between two lovers. Resulting 37 shows forming a family. Don't know if this whole scenario refers to someone new, or to the same woman as above.

The outcomes of the two casts are not similar at all. Your second cast includes some good times ("sharing wine" with someone, sometimes beating the drum and singing), increase/profit even during difficult times (hidden 42.3), while the first one is more like steady ongoing damage-control. By this I don't mean to say that one is better than the other - only you know what type of situation is most important to you.

kellne

visitor
Reaction score
You will continue to deal (softly) with the toxicity and mistakes of a certain woman [...] Or this could symbolise your mother, and how she/her issues still majorly affect you to this very day.

Yes, this is spot on. I stopped interacting with her as it became too stifling, but the damages are still there and undealt with.

The outcomes of the two casts are not similar at all. Your second cast includes some good times ("sharing wine" with someone, sometimes beating the drum and singing), increase/profit even during difficult times (hidden 42.3), while the first one is more like steady ongoing damage-control. By this I don't mean to say that one is better than the other - only you know what type of situation is most important to you.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

I asked Yi Jing a similar question again:
"Would going to city A help me discover the truth about myself?"
2.1.2.3.4.5.6 > 1

I think I could easily get lost in exchanging too much with Yi Jing. Similar questions can yield different answers at short time intervals. It is hard to see whether these different answers are different perspectives / aspects / properties of the same path, or whether these are different paths that exclude each other because a state of mind or other things have changed meanwhile.

I thought at some point I would ask Yi Jing what I should do to recover the course of events given by the cast 36.3.4.5.6 > 25, but this seems like going down the rabbit hole with one's intellect and the attempt of control. Chosing to take a path just to make it happen is maybe the best way of closing this path.

D

diamanda

No need to go into a rabbit hole.
With the I Ching it's important to pay attention to exactly how you've phrased each question.
It helps you choose a path, showing you what could yield benefit, and what wouldn't.
It cannot force you to take any path you don't want to take. The choice is ultimately yours.

To summarise your questions & answers so far:

whether accepting something would be best for me
22.1.5.6 > 39

The offer is sincere, but you might need to find a solution to some problems connected with this option.

whether NOT accepting something would be best for me
64 unchanging

You don't have all the details about this to take a decision right now (= at the moment you were asking).

Is staying in my city best for my personal development?
44.3 > 6

No it isn't.

Is going to City A best for my personal development?
36.3.4.5.6 > 25

Yes it is.

how my recent change in perception modify your answer concerning my personal development if going to City A?
27.1 > 23
Your current (at the moment of asking) perception is a greedy/helpless view of the situation, don't go on like this.

18.2 > 52

You'll be stuck with old issues and lonely.

61.2.3 > 37

You'll find a partner and feel good, despite any difficulties.

Would going to city A help me discover the truth about myself?
2.1.2.3.4.5.6 > 1

You would change in an instant, from totally passive, to totally active/creative.

Overall I believe it would do you the world of good to go away from where you currently are.
If you strongly feel, however, that you should stay where you are, I would recommend you to stop casting about leaving.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).