...life can be translucent

Menu

26.2 -> 11 Awaiting answer about writing submission

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi!

Last summer I submitted a writing sample to a publisher via one of their authors who endorsed my submission. I was not the only to submit, but probably one of the very few to have an accompanying endorsement. So for several months I've been waiting for a decision. The publisher told me abobut 2 months ago that he wanted to make decisions on the regular submissions, then consider the endorsed ones. Then this past week, I was told there were still 12 more regular submissions to get through, and I was given the email address of a new staff member put in charge of submissions, as she would provide all future status updates.

After 9-10 months of waiting, I finally asked the I Ching what was the best way going forward to approach the publisher about my submission, and I got 26.6 -> 11, Great Taming's Flow. Would you agree this was saying, 'For all your enthusiasm, just go with the flow, and see how it unfolds'? Because, to be honest, my compulsion is to contact this new staff person right away, but thought maybe the I Ching is indicating that it would be better if I waited another few weeks.

What do you think? :confused:

Cheers,
Compass :bows:

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Compass, I agree with your interpretation. It seems patience is advised. And perhaps time to think about alternate routes, e.g., are there other publishers you can explore?

D

diamanda

Line 26.6 also says "the way is grandly open for movement". I would go for it.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at 26.2 instead of 26.6. When I look at 26.6 I have to agree with oceangirl and diamanda.

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I'll let you know what they say.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).