...life can be translucent

Menu

18uc

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
I asked Yi how did the group see me, I got 18UC
I also asked was I successful in remaining in my Dao in this group.
61.1.2.4-12

I have been a part of a work group of really odd characters. Some have obvious developmental issues, others psychological issues, really limited, and then there are a few nasty but dumb bullies who mock the weaker members. Ok, this could be managable if authority functions as it should, in a moderating capacity, ensure a safe environment and some level of meritocracy - however the manager flips everything on its head and treats these bullies, as if they are super talented and cossets them, and completely ignores the superior talents of the sane and conscientious people in the group. There isn't any logic.

Authority is backing the most dubious people, so the others try to be nice and super tolerant in the group to get along. Ironically they end up supporting the bullies by 'wishing them well' because they feel the best thing they can do is to be 'positive'.

As someone who normally protects others and tackles injustices, I decided for once, just to keep to myself and let the manager do or not do, what they were being paid for. It was very difficult on a day to day level, as I being human, also like to be liked and belong, but I felt it was time I was true to myself, instead of protecting and rescuing other people. I set boundaries with the more extreme characters and got on with my own work. However I'm sure this felt threatening to them as I stood on the outside and I was generally not happy to be in the environment. I asked the questions because I want to know if I've been strong in the right way, maybe I shouldn't ask how they view me, because if I had worried about that, I would have not have been able to make the change in my behaviour that I feel was long overdue.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 18.
Hexagram 61.1.2.4 - Hexagram 12.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
How does the group see me?
Work on what has been spoiled.

Either they think you have a bad attitude and need to improve or they recognize that you are seeing how the group experience falls short of the ideal and could be made to improve.

Have I successfully remained in my Dao with this group?
You have been able to stay aligned with your inner truth up until now, but the group energy no longer motivates or supports you. As it is, you need to either leave or find a way to reinvigorate yourself.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada, that's how I see it yes.

I cast again and asked aside from the day to day trials of sharing space how overall am I viewed?
(I ask more on this, as setting boundaries is relatively new to me and if I've both managed to set them and not alienate people, I feel it's been a big sucess in my personal development)
48.2.3.5.6-23
I think this shows my deeper foundation, that gave me the strength to adhere to my own boundaries. It may show that this was perceived by others over time.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 48 - Hexagram 23.

People see you as someone who has a Well of knowledge and experience to share but one who tends to spread herself too thin or who is going to Split Apart from the group if her gifts can't be utilized.

btw, I think these questions where you ask about your reputation with a whole group are too broad to give significant answers. Up to you of course...

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Yes. You are totally right!
It's a bad habit.

Recently I try to use 'am I in my Dao?' in any particular scenario.. and if I am then let the chips fall where they may!

In fact that's been so helpful I stopped posting questions for months. I felt there was only one important question ever - 'am I in my Dao and if not what to I need to do to get there?' ... :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
It's always good to hear suggestions for good questions. I am not clear what you mean with this one though. Can you explain it a bit?:flirt:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).