...life can be translucent

Menu

How to not feel so spaced out, Hex. 51.4>24

pallasathena

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am undergoing an astrological transit, a pretty strong Neptune one, which often causes one to feel spacey. I understand what it's about but I still would like to not feel so spacey, especially because I need to focus on details for my work. So I asked 'What can I do to feel less spacey during this Neptune transit?' (I'm a fan of cross-referencing metaphysical approaches. ;-) )

I received hexagram 51.4, changing to 24. I'm not sure what the advice is here, unless there is no advice and it's just descriptive. It certainly does sound like what I'm talking about - feeling lack of clarity and inertia. So I guess my first question is whether there is any advice here for me, and secondly whether this means there will also be an upcoming shocking event of some sort that will add to the spacey feeling - so far there is not. I also have no idea what hexagram 24's involvement is here. Is the advice just to accept that I will be unavoidably 'mired in the mud' for a while?

Thanks for any insights/input!

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Splash some cold water on your face and go for a walk.

pallasathena

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have included this in my original message - this is a several-years-long transit, so not just a brief passing thing, and I'm still plenty active in my life, it's just that feeling more spaced out than usual can be challenging to my continuing responsibilities. I also don't own a car, so pretty much constantly go for walks. ;-)

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
The reading was just a picture of the muddleness. Are you looking for practical advice or what exactly?

As Bob said, "Lively up yourself"

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Neptune is associated with the idea that energy diffuses and eventually what was a clear focused solid object loses it's tight outlines and returns to being a part of the neutral energy grid. Think of a leaf in the compost pile eventually becoming dirt again. When Neptune is prominent in our charts definitions become vague resulting in feelings of uncertainty as to what is real and what should we respond to and what to ignore?

Hexagram 51. is about an unexpected event totally changing one's perspective. Think of how jokes are little stories that have an unexpected ending which shocks us and makes us laugh - Oh! Oh! Ha! Ha!
With 51.4 the shock doesn't quite do it. You're mildly surprised but nothing changes. Like looking in the mirror and being shocked to see you've gained weight but ...while you see you should exercise, still the shock is softened - mired - by the big fluffy sweater you're wearing and so you aren't so jolted that you change your diet.

I think this describes the effects of a Neptune transit. When Neptune is around things just aren't quite clear enough to jar us into action. We may be aware we've gained weight or that the President is crazy but... we just don't feel energized to do something about it. We ignore, we drift.

So what is I Ching's advice for this circumstance? Neptune is known for causing people to be easily distracted and to feel very vulnerable to the influences of the people and world around them and Hexagram 24 says that after all the comings and goings it is good to return home and close the door, to take a break. (Neptune people are known for needing their privacy, their detox time. )

So I think the I Ching's advice to you is, "Close the door to distractions, clear out clutter that makes it unclear what is important and what is not. Don't wait to be inspired. jolted, to take action, just do what you gotta do."

rosada
p.s. Neptune rules music and playing classical music in the background can be a great help in keeping a person focused.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).