...life can be translucent

Menu

Giving money 25 line 6

lisaford2

visitor
Reaction score
I have shared here about a dear friend who recently had back surgery and will be unable to work and earn money for 3 months. He has a number of obligations including for his kids. I decided I wanted to give him some money - not loan it. I asked the I Ching today about doing it and received hex 25 line 6. My first thought from reading various interpretations was no way! don't do it! Then as I delved in I read it can mean that sometimes we are clueless as to what to do. so I asked the IC whether I was being compulsive as some 25 ,6 interpretations say or clueless. I received 22 unchanging. could that mean I am being superficial? Looking to look good? I haven't a clue. I'm worried sick about my friend. He would never ask for anything. But I could wait to see him and try to further see his needs. I know in my heart that money without any conditions would be the greatest help. I am fortunate in that I can do this but I don't want to do something that perhaps my ego needs. I.e. To be useful. On the other hand back in the day when I was struggling financially I had some hairy moments and I just feel his back is way up against the wall. Thanks for any help. I very much appreciate!!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have shared here about a dear friend who recently had back surgery and will be unable to work and earn money for 3 months. He has a number of obligations including for his kids. I decided I wanted to give him some money - not loan it. I asked the I Ching today about doing it and received hex 25 line 6. My first thought from reading various interpretations was no way! don't do it! Then as I delved in I read it can mean that sometimes we are clueless as to what to do. so I asked the IC whether I was being compulsive as some 25 ,6 interpretations say or clueless. I received 22 unchanging. could that mean I am being superficial? Looking to look good? I haven't a clue. I'm worried sick about my friend. He would never ask for anything. But I could wait to see him and try to further see his needs. I know in my heart that money without any conditions would be the greatest help. I am fortunate in that I can do this but I don't want to do something that perhaps my ego needs. I.e. To be useful. On the other hand back in the day when I was struggling financially I had some hairy moments and I just feel his back is way up against the wall. Thanks for any help. I very much appreciate!!

You had 46.3 about this same question in another thread didn't you. Taking that answer and this one I'm getting the idea you are somehow somewhat disconnected from what is actually going on with him. I could be wrong...

By line 6 of 25 it's no longer enough just to act without planning or thought or engagement. Avery concrete example of this line in action was where Hilary burned a pan while doing other things. So in 25 we allow things to be as they are (crudely speaking), we don't need to get all tangled up in things and we need to understand there is such a thing as bad luck and bad luck, random things do happen that have no connection to what we did or didn't do. But by line 6 we need to re engage, start taking some responsibility again but what does it mean for you here ?

First thing is to ask yourself how much do you really know of his current situation ? it's clearly a very tough time for him and you probably don't know exactly what he's feeling since I don't think you are having conversations with him ? I feel your best way through this is to be straightforward about this. Make the offer, tell him why you are making it and perhaps also make it clear you will understand if he refuses etc...but just make the offer. At the moment you are trying to guess what is in his mind via the I Ching whilst not acting. I think it is time to act using your ordinary human ways of engagement.

There is nothing wrong with offering him money so why not go ahead. Don't worry about your ego needs there's worse things in life than an ego need IMO. I mean maybe I'm answering you now because of an ego need...who cares, it doesn't matter at least I'm answering.

But I could wait to see him and try to further see his needs.

You could or you could just say what you've said here in all honesty which is 'I want to help you because you are having a tough time and I don't think you should have to worry about finances at such a difficult time'... I mean financial worries can weigh very heavy on people so why not offer to lighten his load and simply be ready to retract if he doesn't want it.

Hopefully he won't feel any pressure to get better. I can imagine he might take some communications as a kind of pressure to 'get back to work' which he might find stressful....I'm guessing, obviously you know him better than me.

Anyway from what you've said here I think the 25.6 is saying it's time for you to get a proper handle on the situation rather than dance around it trying to guess what to do.

lisaford2

visitor
Reaction score
I decided to reach out and asked him to contact me. We were in contact daily for two weeks around his surgery and the last ten days has been no contact. You are correct- I was using the IC to try and figure out his state of mind. He is given to shutting down when stressed. I know he won't take any positive reaching out badly but might feel pressure to respond which clearly he does not want to do so.I just have to wait it out. Thanks for your support. I will act as soon as I have the opportunity.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).