...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 44 Unchanging twice for a freelance job, and my mother's health

Amber_Rose

visitor
Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I hope this day finds you all well.

Recently my mother, who is in her early 70's, was told by her urologist that she has a large growth in her bladder. Since my mother has serious heart issues, her cardiologist didn't want my mother's usual local doctor to perform the surgery to remove the growth in case she might not survive the anesthesia. So he sent her to a colleague, and the colleague examined my mother, ran some tests, and said that the growth was a "monster tumor that was not invasive". He didn't want to dilly dally with a biopsy so he scheduled her for surgery next Tuesday.

Afraid and wanting more answers I asked the i ching about the growth. I rarely if ever utilize the oracle for medical related issues because it can just lead to more confusion and upset. This time, because I am physically so far away from my mom and hate feeling like I am helpless, I asked if the tumor is cancerous and received hexagram 44 unchanging.

This seems like a yes to me, although it may not be a form that is likely to be "permanent" since you cannot be married to hexagram 44, it just does what it wants and that is where the danger lies.

Oddly enough I asked about a freelance job my husband applied for yesterday and received the same answer.

That I take to mean that the job would be only contract work and that certain aspects would leave him frustrated and even out of control.

Has anyone ever received Hexagram 44 relating to health, particularly cancer or a tumor?

Thank you in advance.

Amber Rose

D

diamanda

Hi Amber Rose,
The character for 44, gòu, means "mate/copulate/good". So I believe and hope it's benign.
And yet it's somehow dangerous, so the best thing is indeed that they remove it.
Agree with your take on it about that job, he probably will get it, even if only for a while.

Amber_Rose

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Diamanda! I hope it is benign too. After giving it some thought I am wondering if the I ching is saying the tumor has the potential to spread, hence the mate/copulation nature of hexagram 44.

My mom had asked the doctor if it's benign, and his only response was, "I wouldn't say that".

Guess they have to test it once they remove it.

Amber Rose

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Amber,
The image of Hexagram 44 is of wind blowing about all across the sky - certainly that suggests something that could spread. But the hexagram is unchanging which can mean nothing changes - so perhaps this means nothing spreads? That sounds benign!
Sending you and your mom love and light!
I hope you will keep us updated.
Rosada

Amber_Rose

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words, Rosada! I will share any updates I receive as soon as I get them. Hopefully it won't be too long before we know exactly what it is that we are up against.

Amber Rose

Amber_Rose

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope you are all well this evening.

Just wanted to give an update about what happened with both of these situations.
It has been a very busy month with the move and my husband looking for work.

During our move, my husband received an email from his staffing agency saying that the job he was set to interview with upon our arrival had decided to go ahead and bring on someone else who was already in the area that we were relocating to. Basically they just needed a warm body.

So hexagram 44 depicted that situation pretty perfectly since they did turn out to be a company that he was better off not "marrying" so to speak.

As for my mother, this turned into a strange situation. My mom's urologist had done blood work on her and later she received a call from someone in his office telling her the tumors were not cancerous but that she will still need to have them taken out.
She scheduled the surgery and on the day of the surgery, she asked the doctor if the tumors weren't cancerous, then why did she need to have the surgery. The doctor then responded that the tumors were in fact cancer.

I'm not sure why she was told they were benign if they were indeed cancer, but they were cancerous. We will know more shortly since the tumors are being tested to see how far along the cancer was and to determine the best chemo options to treat my mom's cancer.

So I guess hexagram 44 meant that the situation was indeed dangerous. I will update again once we have a better idea of what is going on.

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
Hi

I'm sorry you and your mother are facing this tough time. Wish her good recovering.

When the issue is about health, I've found more useful to read the answer with the Wen Wang Gua method, which doesn't use the text but astrological symbols.

If you got the answer on May 25th, 2017, this method points to these elements:
a) the tumor is strong and "active"
b) your mother is strong and capable to resist and fight back the illness
c) medicine may be of very little use to eliminate the tumor
d) nevertheless, the tumor is not a mayor risk for your mother (yes, I know this sounds counterintuitive; and I wouldn't make medical decisions based only on a reading)
e) there may be a different health issue, still unnoticed. Right now it poses no risk but if it grows and get stronger, it may be a more serious threat than the tumor itself.

So, the tumor is real and strong; most probably it is cancerous. But focusing in the evident issue of the tumor, seems like a different health issue may be developing unnoticed. It would be wise to run extra exams.

Amber_Rose

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Sixth Relative.
Thank you for your reply. You're actually right about there being another health issue that is still not fully realized. Her cardiologist did a scan of her heart and said that there is another issue going on, but he didn't say what the issue is or go further into it.

He did say it was serious though. My mom has a lot of heart issues including wolf Parkinson white syndrome, it's really the main health concern she's been battling with her entire life.

I will update once we have more information.

Thank you!
Amber Rose

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
Let me elaborate a little bit further, in case it could be of any use for you.

In Wen Wang Gua every line has attached one of the 12 Earthly Branches, one of the Six Relatives and one of the Six Celestial Figures. This is a very technical and complcated system, so I won't bother you with a lot of info, just some relevant aspects.

In hexagram 44 there are 2 lines with the relative Parent attached (the relative Parent is useful to represent your mother), both ot them being Earth in the Five Elements diagram. One of them, the first line, has also attached the Eartly Branch Chou (linked to the Sign Ox of the chinese zodiac) and the Celestial Figure of White Tiger. For medical issues, the branch Chou represents the stomach and the blood vessels, and it has to do with the ability to transform food and to transport the nutrients to the whole body; while the Withe Tiger is symbolic for injuries and bloodshed.

Now, in hexagram 44, there is a hidden branch, which represents something that is not yet visible but can become "out of hide" in the future. Everytime an hexagram has a hidden branch, it is important to understand it. In this case the hidden branch is the branch Yin (wood in the Five Elements diagram). Wood controls Earth, so this hidden branch is much more a problem for you mother. The Branch Yin is associated with the liver and the gallbladder and the function to storage blood and to desintoxicate the body. In WWG there are many technical rules to figure out whether a hidden branch can or can't get out of hide. In your answer, it can do it. If Yin actually gets out of hide, then it can produce problematic effects on Chou (the line representing your mother).

Now, this is not meant to scare you. The best whay to deal with a problematic hidden branch is to identify it and neutralize it before it can do damage. My understanding of your reading is that: yes, the tumor is serious, but don't overlook another issue that may become a greater problem.

Wish you and your mother all the best.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).