...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching and Aging---New book out

tacrab

visitor
Reaction score
A new book (from late 2015): I Ching for Wise Living and Aging: How to Consciously Find Inspiration and Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Willy Norup, Ulla Norup Milbrath.

Kirkus has reviewed the book, "The sections are long and thoughtful and encourage a deliberative, inward-looking analysis of one’s own situation."

A nice article about the book from the Napa Valley Register here. ".... The second half of life is a period of freedom and newfound possibilities. It is about finding a comfortable balance between too fast and too slow, too much and too little. If there is too much of something, look for ways to add the excess where here is too little. Go with the flow, and keep going until you find the point of harmonious equilibrium.”

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the book? What do you think of it?

I'm not sure Kirkus's reviewer knows much about the I Ching. For instance, he made this silly statement:

"There are 64 hexagrams, with some variations, so that readers who consult the I Ching daily, as Norup advises, will make their way through the book in a matter of months."

tacrab

visitor
Reaction score
I've not seen the book yet. But Kirkus is one of the top book review magazines in the US.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but it's a review on non-substantive qualities of the book.

tacrab

visitor
Reaction score
Correct. It's a review aimed at general readership and libraries.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
You can find it on Amazon and use the 'look inside' feature to see what they make of hexagram 1. Basically it's another volume of commentary without translation.

:(

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like this could take my senility into unexplored realms.
As Moses Hadas remarked: "this book fills a much-needed gap."

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).