...life can be translucent

Menu

Scientific interpretation of the I Ching?

Leerling

visitor
Reaction score
Searching the internet I saw the book Scientific Code of the I-Ching by T. Tran. It is on Amazon, but I can hardly find any information on the book anywhere else. It seems to have made no impression on current I Ching studies. Has anybody read the book? I would like to know if it is worth buying and why?

D

diamanda

I haven't read this book, but the 3 reviews on amazon seem to have been written by people with a deep I Ching knowledge. It sounds like this is definitely not a book for someone just starting with the I Ching. Have you studied it for long? If not, then I would totally recommend starting much 'smaller' than this.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
From perusing what was available in the "Look Inside" feature, it looks to me like the author really doesn't know what science is. Neither does he know that Yin-Yang theory didn't come along until at least five centuries after the Yijing was first created and should therefore be treated as an afterthought rather than fundamental or foundational. But obviously he isn't alone in not knowing that.

Leerling

visitor
Reaction score
I haven't read this book, but the 3 reviews on amazon seem to have been written by people with a deep I Ching knowledge. It sounds like this is definitely not a book for someone just starting with the I Ching. Have you studied it for long? If not, then I would totally recommend starting much 'smaller' than this.

I already have simpler introductory books on the I Ching and I know something of Chinese philosophy generally and a lot about mathematics and physics. So I was just wondering whether the book would be interesting for additional study. More to the point: the grandiosity of the claim to have solved the mystery of the I Ching and the world process tastes like pseudoscience, but I have not found enough information on the book to decide....

Leerling

visitor
Reaction score
From perusing what was available in the "Look Inside" feature, it looks to me like the author really doesn't know what science is. Neither does he know that Yin-Yang theory didn't come along until at least five centuries after the Yijing was first created and should therefore be treated as an afterthought rather than fundamental or foundational. But obviously he isn't alone in not knowing that.

I had my doubt also. Maybe I will eventually just buy the book as a "rarity" but only after I have studied more serious introductory works.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).