...life can be translucent

Menu

Interpreting hexagram 24.4.5

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 24 changing into 17

I asked if me and an ex have a future together... We've been hanging out for the past 2 months and have gotten along well and acting pretty much like a couple. I always have trouble interpreting iching results... does 24 changing into 17 mean that there is a chance for reconciliation? Or that I should move on and that that is my correct path to go on

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
Additionally, i asked afterwards if she will want to get back together... got hexagram 46 unchanging.

From what I've read by researching, this is a bad sign and saying that I should move on. Thoughts?

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
Additionally, i asked afterwards if she will want to get back together... got hexagram 46 unchanging.

From what I've read by researching, 46 is not favorable towards relationships. So this is a bad sign and saying that I should move on. Thoughts?

D

diamanda

if me and an ex have a future together 24.4.5 > 17
Yes you do, the game continues.
It won't be rosy though, there's lots of break up/make up involved.

if she will want to get back together 46 unchanging
Are you a big man who lives 'in the south'? If yes, then yes (if not just move south :))
Also 46 advises to slowly heap up small things, and pile them up patiently.

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
if she will want to get back together 46 unchanging
Are you a big man who lives 'in the south'? If yes, then yes (if not just move south :))
Also 46 advises to slowly heap up small things, and pile them up patiently.

This is weird because I am actually moving down south next week for my job which is why I've been asking iching this since we won't be 30mins away from each other anymore... additionally, we are traveling south this weekend on a hiking trip. Not super south but south of where we are. Hmm

D

diamanda

This is weird because I am actually moving down south next week for my job which is why I've been asking iching this since we won't be 30mins away from each other anymore... additionally, we are traveling south this weekend on a hiking trip. Not super south but south of where we are. Hmm
Wow. 46 says "do not worry, south journey lucky".

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused after this weekend. We were hiking yesterday and only briefly talked about the idea of reconciliation since we both didn't want to get upset in public... I asked if we are able to see other people but she said no and that she doesn't want to say we're dating because she doesn't want to deal with the problems that come with being exclusive (didn't ask for what those problems were.. maybe problems with her parents not supporting same sex relationship) and that she didn't want us to go through a period of not speaking again. I wanted time away from her when we first broke up so I told her I couldn't speak to her or see her just so I could get over her. I told her when I move for my job, that if we aren't together, I won't be able to talk to her anymore either because I feel I wouldn't be able to move on.. not sure if that's the right thing to do

D

diamanda

So she doesn't want you two to see other people.
But also doesn't want to be exclusive (??).
And she also doesn't want to lose you completely.

= She's playing you and she wants to have her cake and eat it.

Your reading 24.4.5 > 17 foresaw problems as I mentioned.
24.4 says you turn back alone.
24.5 speaks of your honesty and hidden line 51.5 shows many shocks, but 'nothing is lost'.
So if you do want a future with her, be prepared for lots of similar incidents, back and forth.

Maybe ask a couple of questions on what your best course of action is.
E.g. What's my best action towards her so that we can head for a proper relationship?
What will be the outcome in my life if I keep trying?
What will be the outcome in my life if I leave the situation completely?

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
So she doesn't want you two to see other people.
But also doesn't want to be exclusive (??).
And she also doesn't want to lose you completely.

= She's playing you and she wants to have her cake and eat it.

Your reading 24.4.5 > 17 foresaw problems as I mentioned.
24.4 says you turn back alone.
24.5 speaks of your honesty and hidden line 51.5 shows many shocks, but 'nothing is lost'.
So if you do want a future with her, be prepared for lots of similar incidents, back and forth.

Maybe ask a couple of questions on what your best course of action is.
E.g. What's my best action towards her so that we can head for a proper relationship?
What will be the outcome in my life if I keep trying?
What will be the outcome in my life if I leave the situation completely?

Thank you. I asked what my best action towards her would be to heard for a proper relationship and got 3.4 > 17

What will be the outcome of my life if i keep trying with her: 18.2.3 > 23

And finally, asked what the outcome would be in my life if i left the situation and stopped communicating with her: 23 unchanging

D

diamanda

jqc1994 please read with caution, as it really doesn't sound good to me - I hope I'm wrong :(

what my best action towards her would be to head for a proper relationship
3.4 > 17

Keep running after her. Every time you two break up, just keep persisting.

What will be the outcome of my life if i keep trying with her:
18.2.3 > 23

At some point your patience with her will run out, and you'll be stricter with her.
A very painful break up will ensue (hidden line 52.3).

what the outcome would be in my life if i left the situation and stopped communicating with her:
23 unchanging

She wouldn't put in any effort and you two would break up.

The difference I see between the two above readings is that in one of the answers (18.2.3 > 23) there's more pain involved (than in 23 unchanging). Probably because if you do put in a lot more effort, you'll feel even more conned by her in the end. So I do wonder if the 46 unchanging simply said to you "don't worry, you will definitely get over this".

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
jqc1994 please read with caution, as it really doesn't sound good to me - I hope I'm wrong :(

what my best action towards her would be to head for a proper relationship
3.4 > 17

Keep running after her. Every time you two break up, just keep persisting.

What will be the outcome of my life if i keep trying with her:
18.2.3 > 23

At some point your patience with her will run out, and you'll be stricter with her.
A very painful break up will ensue (hidden line 52.3).

what the outcome would be in my life if i left the situation and stopped communicating with her:
23 unchanging

She wouldn't put in any effort and you two would break up.

The difference I see between the two above readings is that in one of the answers (18.2.3 > 23) there's more pain involved (than in 23 unchanging). Probably because if you do put in a lot more effort, you'll feel even more conned by her in the end. So I do wonder if the 46 unchanging simply said to you "don't worry, you will definitely get over this".

This is definitely not what I want to hear... I feel like I'm at a crossroads here. She has been asking me if I'm going to block her/ignore her when I move and when I don't give a definitely answer, she gets extremely hurt. Of course I dont want to do that either but i'm just thinking about my feelings and how I need to move on if we are not going to be together. She doesn't want to lose me as a friend but I don't want to be "demoted" since I want something more

D

diamanda

Well obviously you two want different things. You want a relationship, she wants a friend with benefits. I believe you're doing the best to be more concerned about your own feelings - because no matter how much "she gets hurt", for sure she doesn't love you as much as you love her. I Ching apart, I guess it depends on how practically easy it will be for you to find someone else. If it's relatively easy, I'd say just go for someone new. If it's not going to be so easy, then just stick it out for as long as the situation lasts - and who knows, maybe the dynamics between you will change in the future.

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
Well obviously you two want different things. You want a relationship, she wants a friend with benefits. I believe you're doing the best to be more concerned about your own feelings - because no matter how much "she gets hurt", for sure she doesn't love you as much as you love her. I Ching apart, I guess it depends on how practically easy it will be for you to find someone else. If it's relatively easy, I'd say just go for someone new. If it's not going to be so easy, then just stick it out for as long as the situation lasts - and who knows, maybe the dynamics between you will change in the future.

Thank you. I guess I have a lot of thinking to do this week.

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
Due to my confusion about what decision i should make, I decided to consult iching one more time, asking what the best decision would be in this situation. I used real coins this time instead of doing it on the website, so I'm not sure which lines are changing since I recorded my response into an iching consultation website.

What's the best decision in this situation?
I got hexgram 51 changing to hexagram 5 (link to my result: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/iching/consultation.php?lns=766968)

51 is shock.. maybe shock of my emotions right now? but hexagram 5 is waiting..is iching telling me to wait?

jqc1994

visitor
Reaction score
Due to my confusion about what decision i should make, I decided to consult iching one more time, asking what the best decision would be in this situation. I used real coins this time instead of doing it on the website, so I'm not sure which lines are changing since I recorded my response into an iching consultation website.

What's the best decision in this situation?
I got hexagram 51 changing to hexagram 5 (link to my result: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/iching/consultation.php?lns=766968)

51 is shock.. maybe shock of my emotions right now? but hexagram 5 is waiting..is iching telling me to be patient and wait it out?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).